Melbourne Football

SF @ Newcastle, 7.50 pm Fri April 27

mattyh001

Home team referee.

But IMO we've shown that we're not quite up to contesting a Grand Final yet. The mistakes with our visa players have cost us, and Joyce definitely needs to go to coaching school on how to manage substitutions.

We have to hope now that it's Sydney and Newcastle who contest the GF, then at least we get the ACL play-off chance.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

Hard one to swallow. Played well first half but the refs were dog shit. Played dog shit in the second and conceded probably one of the best goals in the history of the league. 

On to next season I guess. 

Pretty much my thoughts

Thought we were second best tonight. The difference really was a freak goal and some poor decisions from the referee. But in all not an unfair result. I think two things are obvious to me:

1. Malik is a decent player but makes terribad mistakes a couple of times a game. Simply can't be our first choice CB

2. We need a player like Petratos. The Mauk defensive 10 just isn't cutting it.

Onwards to the off season, where I can check the green line situation on a weekly basis.

5 minutes ago, Embee said:

Hoffman is a bigger dog than Berisha, after all the shit performances we put up when he was here he goes into full cunt mode everytime we play them.

Seriously fucken hell that scorecard is more tragic than fucken Oedipus Rex... Hoffman with the winner to deny us a GF is a bloody crueller plot twist than incest.

Edited by cadete

22 minutes ago, HeartFc said:

If we don't get at least 5/6 minutes stoppage time....

This, of all the Fuk ups, penalty included, how the Fuk was there only 4 minutes of extra time when they wasted 5 minutes from the 83rd minute mark over just two fouls.

Fuk off.

22 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Home team referee.

But IMO we've shown that we're not quite up to contesting a Grand Final yet. The mistakes with our visa players have cost us, and Joyce definitely needs to go to coaching school on how to manage substitutions.

We have to hope now that it's Sydney and Newcastle who contest the GF, then at least we get the ACL play-off chance.

This 100%.

Bent over by the ref, but the truth is we are only the 3rd best side in the league and that doesn’t get you into a grand final.

• Like 2

The better side won. No doubt. As for VAR, fcuk me that was a dead set penalty every day of the week. Substitutions so late in the game and putting on Bud who hasn’t been in Wazza’s good book for an eternity :droy:  How do you expect a player to go on the pitch and ‘die’ for you when you’ve barely given him game time or shown confidence in him. Strange shit :wacko:

Season over, and I'm embarrassed to say that I tipped us when the usual, predictable whimper was a more likely outcome. The team delivered... the whimper

Positives:

A comfortable first half although too reactive

A lucky goal from Bruno but intensity and persistence delivers goals like that

Negatives:

A comfortable and clear penalty denied but if it had been any player other than Arzani it would have been paid. He has a myriad of League-leading talents but acting is not one of them and refs will almost never give him the benefit of the doubt in this sort of situation. It's become a real liability to his game in this League.

The whole team went AWOL in the second half, no intensity, poor ball retention, completely lost momentum, 1 shot on goal.

No early subs from Wazza to regain momentum, although to be fair the bench was very weak.

Has Budz played in 2018, exactly what did Wazza expect a player who has barely played to produce to change the game? He shouldn't even have been on the bench for this game

Terrible distribution from Bouzanis, contributed to the loss of momentum, but unfair to single him out as the whole team was poor in the second half, completely overawed

• Like 1