Melbourne Football

Melbourne City FC Functions & Events Thread

n i k o

10 hours ago, bt50 said:

Barring two or three games i think he's had a terrific season and was deservedly our POTY

I don’t agree with inconsistency being rewarded with a player of the year award, those games you mention actually cost us points. He deserved to be dropped for those mistakes. We have players in our squad who have performed on a much higher consistent level. Just my two cents. Terrific season for an older player but best player in the squad no. Unless other factors are taken into account behaviour and attitude at the training for example. Who actually votes for this?

Simon Pearce gave the first speech and the gist of it was 'we learnt more about ourselves as a club this year than any other'. One of his comments was re the year we had to have to define our values and club culture well into the future. He then went on to detail the role Scott has played over 10 years at the club and how highly rated he is within the four walls of that club. They gave him a really good presentation and send off before Scott then made his speech, which was terrific as always and then played a bit of a montage of his 10 years and the history of the club.

Joyce wasn't there, he was in Sydney watching MV v WSW.

Re POTY, I don't think Bart had anywhere near the season he had last year tbh. Don't get me wrong, he was still very good, and is our best player, but imo he had a lot of 7/10 games and far fewer where he was clearly a standout like last year. Arguably he didnt have to get as involved as last year just with the slower approach we took this season.
Ritchie was prob the other one, but i felt he was more inconsistent that Eugene. Some weeks he had little to no impact, although granted that may have been cos he was thrown around so much.

Edited by bt50

2 hours ago, bt50 said:

Simon Pearce gave the first speech and the gist of it was 'we learnt more about ourselves as a club this year than any other'. One of his comments was re the year we had to have to define our values and club culture well into the future. He then went on to detail the role Scott has played over 10 years at the club and how highly rated he is within the four walls of that club. They gave him a really good presentation and send off before Scott then made his speech, which was terrific as always and then played a bit of a montage of his 10 years and the history of the club.

Joyce wasn't there, he was in Sydney watching MV v WSW.

Re POTY, I don't think Bart had anywhere near the season he had last year tbh. Don't get me wrong, he was still very good, and is our best player, but imo he had a lot of 7/10 games and far fewer where he was clearly a standout like last year. Arguably he didnt have to get as involved as last year just with the slower approach we took this season.
Ritchie was prob the other one, but i felt he was more inconsistent that Eugene. Some weeks he had little to no impact, although granted that may have been cos he was thrown around so much.

Thanks for the report.

My feelings on Bart are that possibly this season we've become used to him and therefore he doesn't seem to stand out as he did last season?

12 hours ago, Mr MO said:

I don’t agree with inconsistency being rewarded with a player of the year award, those games you mention actually cost us points. He deserved to be dropped for those mistakes. We have players in our squad who have performed on a much higher consistent level. Just my two cents. Terrific season for an older player but best player in the squad no. Unless other factors are taken into account behaviour and attitude at the training for example. Who actually votes for this?

My understanding is that it is the coaching staff who decide POTY. 

@bt50  may know more about the process?

2 hours ago, bt50 said:

Simon Pearce gave the first speech and the gist of it was 'we learnt more about ourselves as a club this year than any other'. One of his comments was re the year we had to have to define our values and club culture well into the future.

images.jpg.6956439f31d6ce8cdef343d2e1eb6a55.jpg

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Thanks for the report.

My feelings on Bart are that possibly this season we've become used to him and therefore he doesn't seem to stand out as he did last season?

My understanding is that it is the coaching staff who decide POTY. 

@bt50  may know more about the process?

Petrillo said the three coaching staff and himself voted after each game and that the result was exceptionally close.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bt50 said:

Petrillo said the three coaching staff and himself voted after each game and that the result was exceptionally close.

I see, thought it was more players voting for players. The coaching staff are incompetent, Petrillo has proven not much better.

Edited by Mr MO

• 2 months later...
54 minutes ago, johnno cpfc said:

Dis not get an invite but got the usual survey on what the club has done in the last month so wrote that it was very little and that things need to improve plus there was a complete lack of communication from City to it's paying customers.

Come on Johnno, I thought the last couple of months was a breath of fresh air in all departments. Good communication on player departing and signing, changes to seating arrangements for members, the fans got to meet the coach just days after he arrived.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Mr MO said:

Come on Johnno, I thought the last couple of months was a breath of fresh air in all departments. Good communication on player departing and signing, changes to seating arrangements for members, the fans got to meet the coach just days after he arrived.

2nd this.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...
56 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

2021-22 Awards:

Rising Star Award: Jordan Bos
Clubman Award: Aiden O'Neill
Golden Boot: Jamie Maclaren
Players' Player of the Year: Florin Berenguer
Player of the Year: Florin Berenguer

This are the club awards right? Voted by members?

56 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Club awards night. Not aware of any member contribution, but I may be wrong there. @bt50 could possibly update us?

You just missed listing the Fans Player of the Year award, which was also won by our resident frog.
The other awards are decided internally.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
1 hour ago, citypool said:

Player of the year is $300 per person. Crazy how small our fan base is that people would pay that 

Yes, every year it seems expensive but every year people do turn up. I guess the cost keeps the riff-raff like me out....

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...