Melbourne Football

Melbourne City FC Functions & Events Thread

n i k o

39 minutes ago, n i k o said:

There's always little bits of info that come from these events. Unfortunately couldn't make it tonight to Gipps St but if anyone has any feedback on the event or any info they might have picked up we're all ears....

Ps. Wouldn't mind seeing this thread as a sticky tbh

Got postponed to the 28th mate 😉

• jw1739 pinned this topic
12 hours ago, n i k o said:

There's always little bits of info that come from these events. Unfortunately couldn't make it tonight to Gipps St but if anyone has any feedback on the event or any info they might have picked up we're all ears....

Ps. Wouldn't mind seeing this thread as a sticky tbh

@n i k o I've pinned it for you. Good idea and let's see how we go with it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Dylan said:

Any tid bits from last night?

Waste of time. Very poor turn out. Wazza and player interviews were pathetic. Childish questions to the players. None of the questions we all would have liked - what we are doing, where are we going etc.. No audience involvement. Hate to think what the MC is paid.

Impressed with Paddy, good speaker, easy to talk to.

Left early, won't be back.

Edited by mjake1234
Paddy

4 hours ago, Dylan said:

Any tid bits from last night?

I only chatted with Eugene and he was a bit coy when I pushed the point, re: what happened the last few weeks and what's going on behind the scenes

He did take full responsibility for his errors against Brisbane, I mentioned that I've seen referees give a foul when a keeper gets breathed on, Eugene said it was no foul, he just wasn't strong enough at the ball 

Just now, Dylan said:

it was probably the worst time to put an event on like this. 

Exactly. One thing CFG don't seem to get is that success needs to come on the field before people will respond to off-field stuff like this. The atmosphere at the Perth match was funereal. Who's going to go to something on the following Tuesday night, however many e-mails they receive?

Just now, jw1739 said:

Exactly. One thing CFG don't seem to get is that success needs to come on the field before people will respond to off-field stuff like this. The atmosphere at the Perth match was funereal. Who's going to go to something on the following Tuesday night, however many e-mails they receive?

Im sure they do realise it and it doesnt mean they dont these things at all unless we start winning. They  should be commended for doing it, in fact they have done great work off the field so far.

They probably booked it weeks in advance and probably didnt forsee Wazza fucking things up so bad.

4 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Im sure they do realise it and it doesnt mean they dont these things at all unless we start winning. They  should be commended for doing it, in fact they have done great work off the field so far.

They probably booked it weeks in advance and probably didnt forsee Wazza fucking things up so bad.

I'm not sure it's Wazza.  What's going on behind the scenes could be coming from a number of sources - other people in the management or coaching staff (already one departure there this week), Timmy stirring the pot, players unhappy that they aren't in the team, general concern over poor results... Could be lots of stuff.  And yes, Wazza might have kicked a few arses or put noses out of joint because he wants to do things a different way. But isn't that what was needed, given the sense of complacency we felt had grown during the previous regime? I suspect were going to have quite a bit more turmoil yet before it all settles down.

13 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Agree 100%.

Personally, I don't feel like fan/community interaction should be at all dependent on the on-field results, if we end up having a shocker for the rest of the season should the club just completely insulate itself from the fanbase?

The low turnout and atmosphere at the event would definitely be a result of our current struggles but I don't think everyone should suffer just because some people won't turn out (whether they're right or wrong to do it) unless we're winning

Edited by Embee
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Embee said:

Agree 100%.

Personally, I don't feel like fan/community interaction should be at all dependent on the on-field results, if we end up having a shocker for the rest of the season should the club just completely insulate itself from the fanbase?

The low turnout and atmosphere at the event would definitely be a result of our current struggles but I don't think everyone should suffer just because some people won't turn out (whether they're right or wrong to do it) unless we're winning

I also assume there's a large amount that dont go due to the fact its midweek. I know I'd def make the effort to come down if it was on a Friday or Saturday, it's just all a bit hard on a 'school night'. I kinda feel guilty for not going tbh because im a massive advocate for these sorts of things, but its a hard one to justify to come down for from the Rat

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bt50 said:

I also assume there's a large amount that dont go due to the fact its midweek. I know I'd def make the effort to come down if it was on a Friday or Saturday, it's just all a bit hard on a 'school night'. I kinda feel guilty for not going tbh because im a massive advocate for these sorts of things, but its a hard one to justify to come down for from the Rat

Oh for sure, and fair enough too, comparing it like for like with the season launch though there was definitely substantially less numbers.

6 minutes ago, Jovan said:

I was borderline to go but it was basically because of the time and other shit going on.

These things need to be done and continue in spite of results. 

I didn't actually say that these things should not be done. What I said, or tried to say, is that the response is not likely to be enthusiastic when results are the way they are for us, and in the midst of what appear to be some off-field issues.

I'm sure that a lot of what City are trying to do off the field and with respect to how the A-League is managed would be a lot easier and productive if our on-field results were better.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
10 hours ago, n i k o said:

Not directly club related but did anyone go to the Ride for Kids Charity event at the Stomping Ground with Sorenson? 

Yeah I went, was a nice little event. Bruno, Bratts and Jako turned up for 20ish minutes and mingled a little.

6 minutes ago, Embee said:

Yeah I went, was a nice little event. Bruno, Bratts and Jako turned up for 20ish minutes and mingled a little.

That's great the boys turned up. I only saw an Instagram story of it but what was with Bratts outfit though :hmm:

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, thisphantomfortress said:

@Hazzaverx apparently it was a poor showing

My feeling is that perhaps the timing of some of these events is not quite right. Maybe fans would go along if, say, we'd secured a home final (or better), but with three matches to go nothing's guaranteed yet.

17 minutes ago, n i k o said:

My old man went. Apparently the players were all asked to describe Joyce to which they replied him being intense, being a team player and expecting players to train as hard as they would play a game. 

At this stage of the season, barring injuries, the players should be more than fit and I can't see that driving them hard on the training track does much good.

Just now, jw1739 said:

My feeling is that perhaps the timing of some of these events is not quite right. Maybe fans would go along if, say, we'd secured a home final (or better), but with three matches to go nothing's guaranteed yet.

At this stage of the season, barring injuries, the players should be more than fit and I can't see that driving them hard on the training track does much good.

For me the issue was late notice, i already had plans made.

11 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Just in their effort when they train jw. For eg. If they're doing practice drills or games Wazza expects the same intensity like when they play a proper match. 

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Did not know where to post this so created a new thread.
We've got a jam-packed night at Stomping Ground Brewery & Beer Hallon Tuesday!
 Free can of City Pale Ale for members
 Free entry & pizza for all
 Meet Anthony Caceres. Curtis Good, Michael O'Halloran, Osama Malik, Helen Caceres & Adriana Jones
 Melbourne Derby replay on the screens
 See you there!

Found this on the Clubs Facebook page. If anyone is going along can you get an update on O'Halloran's injury