Melbourne Football

R2 Etihad Derby 14 October 7:50pm

jeffplz

17 hours ago, Tony999 said:

Fair enough. Can get 3 barcodes. But geez, looking at the map, are any of our supporters going?? So many tickets left in our bays.

Probably cos all the derby specials obviously aren’t members, so they buy seats in other sections and find a way into active.

On 10/10/2017 at 7:40 AM, mjake1234 said:

I gave up on my first attempt as it seemed to keep asking me for a barcode and I wasn't getting anywhere. When I returned I found it very easy although it is completely non intuitive and unclear. All you need to do is put in your barcode once to "unlock the offer" then you keep adding tickets to the shopping basket. Their software is another one of the many badly written ones around.

It keeps unlocking "Adult" tickets. I have junior attending as well but it doesnt allow me. I'd call the customer service hotline but you seem to wait 45+ minutes as only one person works there. Every time l call l always wait 45+ minutes and always get the same person answering the phones. 

43 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

It keeps unlocking "Adult" tickets. I have junior attending as well but it doesnt allow me. I'd call the customer service hotline but you seem to wait 45+ minutes as only one person works there. Every time l call l always wait 45+ minutes and always get the same person answering the phones. 

I had same issues last week.  Just decided to get GA. I didn't go to Shitihad last season and have been ball squeezed ever since and despite my better judgment I'm going this time.

So if we get smashed you can blame my kids.

(I will).

34 minutes ago, Fredinho69 said:

Have prices always been this expensive? I can't remember ever paying this much for an away derby, $53 for an Adult ticket in the Non-active area wtf

Was similar prices last year.. unless u want to sit GA and not with City supporters it was around $50.. if we are putting in our membership barcodes anyway I don't know how the a league can't make it cheaper for us somehow anyway

4 hours ago, Tony999 said:

Are you trying to get into the active area with a junior membership? If so i always thought you had to be a certain age. Quite happy to be proven wrong btw

Just now, HeartOfCity said:

Are you trying to get into the active area with a junior membership? If so i always thought you had to be a certain age. Quite happy to be proven wrong btw

Correct. It actually allows me to select a "junior" ticket but if I want another one it doesn't allow me. I need 2 x juniors who have their own bar codes.

Just now, Forever City said:

I bought active tickets without a barcode, apparently it was a glitch in the system but I phoned the club up and they said the tickets are still valid.

How did you do it? I still can't purchase more than one active ticket despite having 3 bar codes.

Or can someone tell me how to purchase more than one active ticket with a mixture of adult, concession and junior in one transaction?

Just now, Tony999 said:

How did you do it? I still can't purchase more than one active ticket despite having 3 bar codes.

Or can someone tell me how to purchase more than one active ticket with a mixture of adult, concession and junior in one transaction?

I saw on Facebook that a number of people were buying active tickets before barcodes were released so I looked for myself and bought 3 active tickets without having to put in a barcode.Then when barcodes were released I phoned city up at they said that they scanned the names of the people that bought active tickets before barcode realise and that all active tickets were bought by members so they are still valid. 

Just now, Forever City said:

I saw on Facebook that a number of people were buying active tickets before barcodes were released so I looked for myself and bought 3 active tickets without having to put in a barcode.Then when barcodes were released I phoned city up at they said that they scanned the names of the people that bought active tickets before barcode realise and that all active tickets were bought by members so they are still valid. 

Meh.. who gives a toss. Got sick of going around in circles on the website so I took the @Jovan approach and just bought 3 x GA tickets and will try make my way to level 1.

Next.

Squad vs Victory.

Melbourne City FC Squad: 1. Dean Bouzanis, 2. Manny Muscat, 3. Scott Jamieson, 5. Bart Schenkeveld, 6. Osama Malik, 7. Nick Fitzgerald, 8. Neil Kilkenny, 9. Marcelo Carrusca, 11. Bruce Kamau, 12. Braedyn Crowley, 13. Stefan Mauk, 17. Tim Cahill, 18. Eugene Galekovic, 22. Michael Jakobsen, 25. Iacopo La Rocca, 26. Luke Brattan, 27. Marcin Budzinski, 44. Ross McCormack

Ins: 8. Neil Kilkenny (promoted), 17.Tim Cahill (returns from international duty)

Outs: nil

Unavailable: 23. Bruno Fornaroli (ankle).

27 minutes ago, Forever City said:

Squad vs Victory.

Melbourne City FC Squad: 1. Dean Bouzanis, 2. Manny Muscat, 3. Scott Jamieson, 5. Bart Schenkeveld, 6. Osama Malik, 7. Nick Fitzgerald, 8. Neil Kilkenny, 9. Marcelo Carrusca, 11. Bruce Kamau, 12. Braedyn Crowley, 13. Stefan Mauk, 17. Tim Cahill, 18. Eugene Galekovic, 22. Michael Jakobsen, 25. Iacopo La Rocca, 26. Luke Brattan, 27. Marcin Budzinski, 44. Ross McCormack

Ins: 8. Neil Kilkenny (promoted), 17.Tim Cahill (returns from international duty)

Outs: nil

Unavailable: 23. Bruno Fornaroli (ankle).

Brandan not unavailable just not picked ?

Just now, Missing_Moy said:

Brandan not unavailable just not picked ?

Brandan still hasn't fully recovered from his injury. 

Melbourne City FC will be boosted by the return of Socceroos star Tim Cahill ahead of Saturday night’s massive Melbourne Derby at Etihad Stadium. 

Fresh from another match-winning performance in Tuesday night’s crucial World Cup play-off against Syria, Cahill returns to the extended matchday squad to provide Head Coach Warren Joyce with a selection headache in attack.  

It remains to be seen what role the 37-year-old will play in Saturday’s Derby after Cahill featured for the entire 120 minutes in Sydney. The Socceroos forward will provide added competition for places in the final third alongside Scottish striker Ross McCormack, who impressed on his debut in Friday night’s 2-0 win over Brisbane. 

Neil Kilkenny is fit after missing Round 1 and also returns to the extended team – which will be trimmed to 16 ahead of kick-off – while marquee midfielder Marcin Budzinski is also in the selection mix after making his league debut as a late substitute against the Roar. 

South American duo Fernando Brandan and Bruno Fornaroli are again absent they continue to recover from their respective long-term injuries.

Joyce could provide further updates on how his squad is shaping up during his pre-match press conference on Friday afternoon.

From last week squad Muscat and Crowley out, cahill and kilkenny in

Bart goes across to RB, Jamieson starts at LB. Jakobsen and LaRocca at CB, really comfortable with that back 4, especially CB pairing, both take no shit

Apart from that, same as last week. Kilkenny unlucky to be on bench but Malik was outstanding

• Like 2

Unchanged for me.

1 basic principle that gets overlooked far too often. Never ever change a winning team unless injury or suspension. 

So although Jakobsen at LB isn't ideal he stays.

Budzinski may be heaps better than Mauk but Mauk has to start.

La Rocca and Muscat are probably lesser players in reworked back four they still deserve to start. 

And Malik after his game must keep out Kilkenny. 

To build a competitive squad based on core values the fundamental of keeping a winning team must be done. Later on, as the squad matures and develops then tactical changes or tweaks can be considered but in a round 2 match in the first season of a new coach for me anything but an unchanged lineup doesn't make sense. 

• Like 3