Melbourne Football

R2 Etihad Derby 14 October 7:50pm

jeffplz

1 hour ago, Missing_Moy said:

What changes do we make ?

if Cahill doesn't start on Tuesday surely he's a straight swap for Crowley

Who does killa replace? No one deserves to be dropped for him.

Good problems to have with 2 of our best players returning 

I might be the odd one out here but i would like to keep the team from the brisbane game, consistency of the same players playing week in week out is how a team wins. If there are changes they get made to bench players.

1 hour ago, HeartOfCity said:

I might be the odd one out here but i would like to keep the team from the brisbane game, consistency of the same players playing week in week out is how a team wins. If there are changes they get made to bench players.

Whilst I am concerned that this will mean Kilkenny wont start (who has earned his stripes above and beyond), I agree with you about why this should happen and I suspect Wazza will be the same.

Our biggest danger is when they get a 2 on 2 or 3 on 3 counter attack going. If we can retain enough possession in key areas then we'll give ourselves the best chance. IMO our key players will be Brattan and Kilkenny/Malik. An absolute must those guys control the midfield through retaining possession that they don't let Troisi find space. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Our biggest danger is when they get a 2 on 2 or 3 on 3 counter attack going. If we can retain enough possession in key areas then we'll give ourselves the best chance. IMO our key players will be Brattan and Kilkenny/Malik. An absolute must those guys control the midfield through retaining possession that they don't let Troisi find space. 

Will Troisi last a whole 90 though?

So the visitors lost yesterday, and Cahill and Kilkenny should be inclusions for this match. Also, I'd guess Budzinski should be fit enough to start (at least to play 60 minutes), and McCormack will have another week of fitness under his belt too.

Good signs in the lead up to the derby, and it'll be very interesting which starting 11 gets the nod on Saturday.

8 minutes ago, Murfy1 said:

So the visitors lost yesterday, and Cahill and Kilkenny should be inclusions for this match. Also, I'd guess Budzinski should be fit enough to start (at least to play 60 minutes), and McCormack will have another week of fitness under his belt too.

Good signs in the lead up to the derby, and it'll be very interesting which starting 11 gets the nod on Saturday.

IMO of Wazza it will be the same line up as last week, only difference might be Budzinksi for Mauk and Jamieson for La Rocca (Jakobsen to CB).

But I think Wazza is a type of coach to change his XI and tactics depending on his opponent, so who knows

Edited by haz

2 hours ago, haz said:

IMO of Wazza it will be the same line up as last week, only difference might be Budzinksi for Mauk and Jamieson for La Rocca (Jakobsen to CB).

But I think Wazza is a type of coach to change his XI and tactics depending on his opponent, so who knows

There is no way La Rocca will be dropped and no way he should be. Was a rock Friday night.

Id have thought if anyone goes out it's Manny and Bart could then move to right back. 

In regards to Killer,  really depends how sick he was first and foremost. If it was genuinely the flu ( versus a cold that people call the flu) he might only be up for a bench role. Brattan would feel stiff if he was dropped in any case and trust me, Malik ain't getting dropped.

• Like 2