Melbourne Football

Rd 01 City vs Brisbane (AAMI Fri 6/10, 7.50KO)

neio

1 minute ago, Dylan said:

Malik was in the starting XI. Dismiss result right away 

Looks like he'll take the Brattan coaches pet role this season....

Also how many goals now has Fitzy scored this pe-season? Only person who scored more was Bruno I think

• Like 1

3-1 City

10m - Maccaroni (what ever his name is)

25m - Fitzy

55m - Budzik

80m - Ross McCormack

Brisbane are going to concede with 3ATB, plus they will run out of legs in the last 30mins like they've done in all their pre-season and FFA Cup games

21 minutes ago, Heart of Melbourne said:

Lucky to get 8k if you ask me. Shit pre season. No hype at all.

Likely yeah! But, as Cahill has noted, this season is about coming in under the radar and taking the league through dominance. So by stripping the team of the pressure to perform via public hype, they can get on with the task of performing. 

I am tipping 9000. Fri night, Afl over and cricket yet to begin.

53 minutes ago, Hellenic Hero said:

Decent weather, first game of the season, first chance to see the new lads, not on FTA this week, decent opponent. Should be cracking 10k.

Decent weather? Forecast saying up to 10mm rain expected but being Melbourne I will believe it when I see it 

• Like 1

No better feeling than knowing that when I knock off work on Friday I'll be heading into the city for a few cheeky beers and a sausage from the sausage stand and an evening at AAMI Park. As painful as being a fan of this club can be at times I wouldn't miss it for the world and I'm so glad football's back!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, japiedog said:

anyone know if they are training on Thursday morning at Latrobe... I have a meeting out that way and may get a chance to pop in for a look ???

I'd say they probably are. Usual time is between 10am - 11:30am from what I know.

3 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

No better feeling than knowing that when I knock off work on Friday I'll be heading into the city for a few cheeky beers and a sausage from the sausage stand and an evening at AAMI Park. As painful as being a fan of this club can be at times I wouldn't miss it for the world and I'm so glad football's back!

U forgot the no homo tag

5 minutes ago, japiedog said:

Rang the club, told me that training sessions aren't open to the public ???

They probably aren't. I just rock up, park outside the entrance and walk down to the fence and watch. There have bern others down there too the times i have gone.

They're all quite friendly, Joyce in particular always chats when i see him.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, japiedog said:

Rang the club, told me that training sessions aren't open to the public ???

I did the same a few months ago wanting to bring my under 8s team just to show them an elite training session and drills etc. Nothing specific. And was told that times aren't available to public but if we were to turn up and they happened to be training then we could watch. So to ask a parent to bring Johnny to a possible training session was just too complicated. 

Sometimes my head hurts when I think at how many times our club just don't get it.