Melbourne Football

Your favourite Heart/City moment at AAMI Park

Hellenic Hero

24 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

This! Can't believe there's been no mention of Derby one 

I was about to add Derby One. Aloisi's goal was good, but for my money Terra's goal was one of the best we've ever scored, because of the flowing passing movement that led to it. Worth watching again if someone can find the video of it.

I also think the girls should get a mention with their first GF and Championship, because I don't think we'll see the likes of Fishlock, Little, Beattie and De Vanna in our colours again.

• Like 2

My favourite moment was when Novillo scored the winner against WSW in the 86 minute, January 2016. The whole stadium was urging him to shot (from outside the box) and he scored a beauty!

Bruno scored a great goal in the first half too I think.

• Like 1

On 08/08/2017 at 6:01 PM, Panionara said:

13-14 Season, during that euphoric 5 game winning streak, 1-0 win against Brisbane, at the death Berisha was in on goal, and Kisnorbo made the best game saving tackle I have ever seen in person. You know it's a good tackle when it is celebrated with the ripping of a Flare!

Man whatever happened to mate?

He could;ve been such a good player :(

30 minutes ago, japiedog said:

injuries

he's now at Dandenong City

Never the same when he came back.

I fear for Fernando  (although I got no idea what his actual injury was).

Regardless IMO any significant structural injury permanently effects the player. The ones that best adapt are the ones that can continue but I'm convinced they are never ever better players than prior to the major injury. Major injuries are breaks or ligament tears namely.

18 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Never the same when he came back.

I fear for Fernando  (although I got no idea what his actual injury was).

Regardless IMO any significant structural injury permanently effects the player. The ones that best adapt are the ones that can continue but I'm convinced they are never ever better players than prior to the major injury. Major injuries are breaks or ligament tears namely.

yes, he was never the same when he returned from injury, pity as he was playing and progressing well, prior to the knee injury,

1 hour ago, japiedog said:

yes, he was never the same when he returned from injury, pity as he was playing and progressing well, prior to the knee injury,

My belief only is that he never strengthened his core and surrounding leg muscles after the injury. He was too easily knocked off the ball. As a result he probably never had the confidence in his body afterwards to push himself to his optimum. 

6 hours ago, rass said:

My belief only is that he never strengthened his core and surrounding leg muscles after the injury. He was too easily knocked off the ball. As a result he probably never had the confidence in his body afterwards to push himself to his optimum. 

Your analysis is supported by the type of injuries he got later, they'd what you'd expect if he hadn't built strength. It all fits in nicely with his reputation as a poor trainer.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...
On 09/08/2017 at 2:45 PM, jw1739 said:

I was about to add Derby One. Aloisi's goal was good, but for my money Terra's goal was one of the best we've ever scored, because of the flowing passing movement that led to it. Worth watching again if someone can find the video of it.

I also think the girls should get a mention with their first GF and Championship, because I don't think we'll see the likes of Fishlock, Little, Beattie and De Vanna in our colours again.

My update (not all are really "moments"):

1. The first Derby (because it was the first and that can never be repeated).
2. The Paartalu Derby winner.
3. The last 5 minutes of the 7-0 Derby.
4. Galloway's sealing goal in the GF win over Sydney.
5. The women's first GF win.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

My update (not all are really "moments"):

1. The first Derby (because it was the first and that can never be repeated).
2. The Paartalu Derby winner.
3. The last 5 minutes of the 7-0 Derby.
4. Galloway's sealing goal in the GF win over Sydney.
5. The women's first GF win.

Thinking about it we had as many glory moments last season as in the club’s previous entire existence!

Off the top of my head:

0-6 away 

7-0 at home

Jamo for the Plate

Galloway for the Dunny Seat

• Like 3

So many City ones last season but one out of left field, the David Williams 89th minute winner in the heart days when we were down to 10 against Sydney.

I was sitting behind the goal and remember this moment like it was yesterday, one of the great moments I look back on fondly from the old days!

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-01-31/10-man-heart-grab-late-winner-over-sydney/5232156

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For me Jamo’s penalty in the Grand Final is my absolute favourite moment in the club’s history. For years we complained on here about the lack of leadership and balls from the club in the Heart days and the earlier days of City. To watch our captain march over, claim the ball and bury the pen with so much confidence and celebrate it with so much passion exemplified everything that the new City stands for. I remember just knowing in that moment that nobody was stopping us that night.

Edited by GreenSeater
  • Like 2

to name a few:

the 3-2 win when Matty Thompson scored 2 

the Paartalu derby winner

the 4-0 win over Victory (where Kewell scored the fourth)

the Cup win against Sydney (really surprised no one else has mentioned it - probably my favourite)

the 7-0 win over Victory (the strange feeling at the end where we just witnessed something truly never seen before in the derby)

the final whistle against CCM when we clenched the premiers plate

all three GF goals - don't know how you can split them

some might even include the Engelaar goal from half way too

• Like 1

there was a moment in that 7-0 win, i think perhaps when Maclaren scored again for the 5th goal where all of a sudden you realised we were about to really pull their pants down again. there was something about that moment that was so humilating for them and you knew it at the time that was extra special.
the whistle after the CCM game was hugely emotional too, and as for the gf, well that was less 'moments' to me and more the entire day just being perfect from start to finish, but Jamo stepping up was definitely a memory i'll never lose.

• Like 3

Winning the Grand Final with no Good, Macca, Noone and Nabbout not starting will go down as one of my favourite memories, although it certainly suffers from recency bias.

I think the two that probably stand out the most for me are 

1 . The Bruno bicycle kick to win our first ever final against Perth.

2. The Bart header to win the game at the death against WSW, we had so many bloody chances that day, and Schenkeveld rose like a magnificent salmon to put that ball in. 

1 hour ago, mattyh001 said:

to name a few:

the 3-2 win when Matty Thompson scored 2 

the Paartalu derby winner

the 4-0 win over Victory (where Kewell scored the fourth)

the Cup win against Sydney (really surprised no one else has mentioned it - probably my favourite)

the 7-0 win over Victory (the strange feeling at the end where we just witnessed something truly never seen before in the derby)

the final whistle against CCM when we clenched the premiers plate

all three GF goals - don't know how you can split them

some might even include the Engelaar goal from half way too

This is my list as well

• Like 1

Scott Galloway GF goal is my new favourite moment I've been to at AAMI

Erik Paartalu is a close 2nd

Other moments that are definitely up there. Ffa cup win and the Sorenson derby

Unfortunately I wasn't there for 7-0, but I was for 6 but that was at the shit hole with the roof 

5 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I'd like to add another one - two actually. Andrea Migliorini's brace against Adelaide.

BTW, he's still playing, in Serie D for Lavello.

Still to this day the most obscure 8 minutes in club history. He struggled to make a 5 metre pass some games, then he turned into Ronaldo scored 2 bangers then disappeared, never to be seen again 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, neio said:

Still to this day the most obscure 8 minutes in club history. He struggled to make a 5 metre pass some games, then he turned into Ronaldo scored 2 bangers then disappeared, never to be seen again 

Hahahaha. Such a weird afternoon. This was the one where Aloisi was beating his chest at full time wasnt it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, KSK_47 said:

Hahahaha. Such a weird afternoon. This was the one where Aloisi was beating his chest at full time wasnt it?

Insane season.

Record streak without a win (mostly losses), but besides those 2 goals also the year (I think) of The Williams Goal at the death vs Sydney when we came back with 10 to win and The Engelaar Goal from his own half.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

I have to say I think the 0-6 away has been underplayed.

For those of us who were there, in the enemy den, where we’ve had a shit record, was next level. One of those rare moments when you think, this would be be a pretty good time to fucking die.

@Shahanga Do you want me to edit the thread title?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

I have to say I think the 0-6 away has been underplayed.

For those of us who were there, in the enemy den, where we’ve had a shit record, was next level. One of those rare moments when you think, this would be be a pretty good time to fucking die.

At the time it also felt like we would never see a derby result like that ever again. It was truly unbelievable.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2