Melbourne Football

The find a job thread

Shahanga

Ok, a few people occasionally make a few throw away lines about struggling to get some p/t or f/t work and at the same time there are are probably a few people who might be looking for someone, so why not have a thread about it.

Interested parties can PM each other or whatever.

Thank me later.

• Like 1

Could totally pick up like 5-8 hours a week cash work doing anything from labouring to being a secretary. Would need to be based in the north and an ok rate though. Overnight shit could work. Not keen on doing weekends.

I'm a gun worker with a great resume though. Can give references. Hire me plz.

29 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Could totally pick up like 5-8 hours a week cash work doing anything from labouring to being a secretary. Would need to be based in the north and an ok rate though. Overnight shit could work. Not keen on doing weekends.

I'm a gun worker with a great resume though. Can give references. Hire me plz.

are you studying?

3 hours ago, Jovan said:

Become a ref. Best job for a 15 to 17 year old.

Not in North Queensland though, pays shit.

Although It can be interesting, my two highlights were having to break up two mums fighting and the other was getting elbowed in the face by a player, popping my lip (don't know if it was deliberate or not).

3 hours ago, Hellenic Hero said:

Yeah that'd be good, I think it's pretty hard to get into where I live though, but I know there are openings for futsal refs which would be good. Whats it like? (Pay and enjoyment wise)

I used to ref Futsal. Pay was okay but fuck me it's shit having to put up with the crap you get from every weekend warrior with a chip on his shoulder. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

I used to ref Futsal. Pay was okay but fuck me it's shit having to put up with the crap you get from every weekend warrior with a chip on his shoulder. 

I was a cricket umpire for 1 season and hated it. I'd have trouble getting to sleep for days after games because of a decision I may have got wrong and thinking how Ive affected the result. Need to take it seriously enough to be good at it, but also not take it seriously when you get something wrong. 

Edited by hedaik
  • Like 2

My previous club was riddled with corruption and dogged me hard with insurance, so i'm looking for a new club who'll hire a sports trainer (the uncredited hero (the medic who runs on the field) )

LF anyone involved with a football club who can pass on my CV to a higher up-- I have my level 1 sports trainer cert with level 2 on the way, along with HLTAID001, 002, 003 and 004 (obviously).

17 hours ago, jeffplz said:

My previous club was riddled with corruption and dogged me hard with insurance, so i'm looking for a new club who'll hire a sports trainer (the uncredited hero (the medic who runs on the field) )

LF anyone involved with a football club who can pass on my CV to a higher up-- I have my level 1 sports trainer cert with level 2 on the way, along with HLTAID001, 002, 003 and 004 (obviously).

http://www.sportspeople.com.au/ give this page a look mate, constantly advertising for trainers

Anyone here have any interest in the music scene? 

I have diplomas in Sound Engineering and wanting to look at starting a recording & touring label for Australian bands/artists. I already know some people but want to work at it "from afar" and have people run it for me (not a dictator, srs). 

Inb4 "internet killed music" -- live music is more alive now than ever. 

Let me know

1 hour ago, strider said:

Anyone here have any interest in the music scene? 

I have diplomas in Sound Engineering and wanting to look at starting a recording & touring label for Australian bands/artists. I already know some people but want to work at it "from afar" and have people run it for me (not a dictator, srs). 

Inb4 "internet killed music" -- live music is more alive now than ever. 

Let me know

I have spotify premium so i guess you could say I'm pretty interested in it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jimmy said:

I've always dreamt of being the frontman for a Johnny Cash tribute band (legit). I'm a solid 5.5/10. Probably just not good enough to play a pub. Sign me when you're up and running :up:

Never thought that young blokes would be into Johnny Cash, great stuff Jimmy.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, japiedog said:

Never thought that young blokes would be into Johnny Cash, great stuff Jimmy.

@Jimmy is actually a 39 year old loser with long hair who lives at home with his parents. Still wears his black Metallica and Def Leppard t-shirts from the 80's and goes by the WOW pseudonym HeMan666.

But yeh Johnny Cash is eternal.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, bt50 said:

@Jimmy is actually a 39 year old loser with long hair who lives at home with his parents. Still wears his black Metallica and Def Leppard t-shirts from the 80's and goes by the WOW pseudonym HeMan666.

Ha Ha

very funny, but not true, I don't know Jimmy, but I know an old school friend of his , he ain't 39, not too sure about  the black T shirts though

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

Nothing wrong with long hair and metal bands from the 80's :up:

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, strider said:

Hey guys

Need a job until December. I'm pretty capable and don't mind cashies if you wanna pay me less. Let me know fam

Much love, Strides

Friend of a friend is looking for a part time masseur, she says you dont need too much experience. Must be willing to give hand jobs though at clients request.   

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 25/10/2017 at 11:30 PM, jeffplz said:

Left my second club due to politics.. open for anything atm, north suburbs preferable.

Ended up finding a job after that.. got a years worth of experience and now i’m workingwith Manny Muscat, Jeremy Walker, and Nick Kalmar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...