Melbourne Football

Rd 23 City vs Jets 7:50pm Sat 18th March Aami Park

haz

Mark Jones confirmed suspended for Newcastle. Should win but we all know how that goes.....

My prediction:

3-1 City

12' Fitzy from long range

27' Bruno tap in

48' Kokko headed in above Malik.

68' Brandan tap in.

24 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Hopefully we'll get Jakobsen back for this game.

Should be another easy win, don't know why the fuck their is such a long break for our game ffs.

What's the rationale behind the split round? Teams playing three games in 8-10 days earlier in the season, but now this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

What's the rationale behind the split round? Teams playing three games in 8-10 days earlier in the season, but now this.

It's something to do with the 3 clubs playing acl. I can't remember what it is exactly. I dont mind it, cause it really does effect them with the schedules 

I dont know why we persist with a 4-3-3 and dont play with a 4-1-4-1 which imo suits us alot better

Franjic         Tongyik   Jackobsen         Rose

Kilkenny

Kamau               Brattan Cahill               Fitzy

Bruno

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Dylan said:

I dont know why we persist with a 4-3-3 and dont play with a 4-1-4-1 which imo suits us alot better

Franjic         Tongyik   Jackobsen         Rose

Kilkenny

Kamau               Brattan Cahill               Fitzy

Bruno

Need 2 holding midfielders, the vs Scum FC formation. Was working well I thought until "the brain fade"

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Club Twitter is advertising this as another "kids go free" match.

56 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Good idea. Being a Saturday (no school next day) and given the heads up well in advance. If weather holds out, it should be a healthy crowd. 

No experience with this before - does it mean a child can rock up at the turnstiles and walk in? Reason for asking is that we're taking a friend and using our final membership free ticket, so one of his children also come?

3 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

No experience with this before - does it mean a child can rock up at the turnstiles and walk in? Reason for asking is that we're taking a friend and using our final membership free ticket, so one of his children also come?

last time against Perth I took my nephew, I went to the ticket window and they printed me a ticket for him upon showing my membership.

Is it free regardless of membership this game?

6 minutes ago, bumpyknuckles said:

last time against Perth I took my nephew, I went to the ticket window and they printed me a ticket for him upon showing my membership.

Is it free regardless of membership this game?

Simply says "Kids go free." But you've got me wondering now - half of Melbourne could turn up and get in for free.

9 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

You have to go to the ticket window to get your child ticket.They are usually pretty good and give you a ticket regardless which membership you have.  I would be inclined to show as many memberships to get as many free child tickets. 

18 minutes ago, SF33 said:

Haven't won two league games in a row since the win against Victory at Etihad in mid-October. Three points, even if we look as awful getting them as we did against Central Coast, would represent progress.

What a polite way of saying "since Round 2" or "for the last 20 rounds."

• Like 3

On 3/10/2017 at 0:04 PM, jw1739 said:

Simply says "Kids go free." But you've got me wondering now - half of Melbourne could turn up and get in for free.

Wrote to Tony Hughes at CFG and received a reply. He took it on board and there is now an explanation on how to obtain the free children's tickets here: http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/kids-go-free-at-aami-park/692q8nvmtqwr11cdccuu88tgb

• Like 2

On 13 March 2017 at 7:59 PM, SF33 said:

Haven't won two league games in a row since the win against Victory at Etihad in mid-October. Three points, even if we look as awful getting them as we did against Central Coast, would represent progress.

Fuck that's depressing

This is probably the first time since the Aloisi era that I've actually prefered a loss.

A loss would basically condemn any real chance of 3rd and therefore remove any real chance of making a grand final. And thus bring forward the inevitable pain and frustration of another wasted season. 

A win would then promote thoughts of a possible mini run and finally fulfilling all the potential this squad teases me in feeling. 

So to avoid more despair a loss would be best for all concerned in my opinion. 

Edited by Jovan
Although a win would be super also.😆

On Monday, March 06, 2017 at 7:35 PM, haz said:

Mark Jones confirmed suspended for Newcastle. Should win but we all know how that goes.....

My prediction:

3-1 City

12' Fitzy from long range

27' Bruno tap in

48' Kokko headed in above Malik.

68' Brandan tap in.

68th min prediction not possible 

7 hours ago, Tony999 said:

Bringing 5 extras to this game. DO NOT DISAPPOINT ME VALKANIS!

On ya Tony