Melbourne Football

Newcastle Jets Vs Melbourne City. Friday 27th January, 7:50KO

kingofhearts

14 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Just fill it in and use the comments box right at the start to give them the biggest serve that you can muster. It won't make any difference but it will make you feel better for a minute or two.

Exactly what I did. Know it will probably make FA difference but felt good to rip into them, hopefully enough of us do the same and things might change...it's nice to have a dream...

1 minute ago, Cityamatic said:

Exactly what I did. Know it will probably make FA difference but felt good to rip into them, hopefully enough of us do the same and things might change...it's nice to have a dream...

There are quite a few posts in the "What's on your mind"? section as well. Seems like the fans have had enough now.

23 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Just fill it in and use the comments box right at the start to give them the biggest serve that you can muster. It won't make any difference but it will make you feel better for a minute or two.

They have just installed a brand new larger email server to cope with recent flood of new emails

IMG_5630.JPG

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Simo said:

Cahill does nothing every game if he didn't score those goals with his head than he would touch the ball. We have no one to feed the ball unless it's caceres is on no AM to feed front free

Bruce is a right winger but has no speed and no skills. I haven't played soccer for 5 years I'll do better than him. 

Mailk well.......

I just wanted to know what the coachs thoughts are that he loves playing this same team

Simo can't agree more! Be careful what you say about Cahil here, you can think it but not express it - I got burned for that lol.

This league and team can't carry players like that, it is hard enough working to cover for the squad fillers like Rose, Malik etc....

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, SF33 said:

It's all about getting continuity with our lineup. Which is great in theory, but it would be nice to get continuity with a lineup of 11 players who were in form and showing that they were worthy of a starting spot.

We've got continuity, we play exactly the same ponderous game plan week after week, no matter what our lineup and no matter who the opponents.

sad thing is, this shit has been going on for so long I don't even get angry anymore.

clearly 70% of the players are just happy to win the Mickey Mouse Cup and cash a cheque, so why invest any time or emotion into them?

CFG sack someone like Pelligrini after winning an EPL title, but let this rockshow go on and on. it's really a farce!

27 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Haha last week we won and people whinged, every right to whinge this week.

Last weeks "win" was nothing to get excited over.

Yes we got the 3 pts, but that was more down to poor finishing from them and playing against 10 for an hour.

We were very lucky not to lose that game.

Seriously, in the end they're not going to listen to us unless they lose face or money.  It'll need the sort of mass fan protest we saw last year, people walking out or not turning up, people making it clear they're not renewing unless things change, for CFG to sit up and take notice.  We need to do something orchestrated at the Brisbane game.  Banners, chants, walk outs, backs to the game, silence, something to make the point to these thick skulled functionaries.  IMHO, it's going to have to be active that leads this, but I'm happy to join in once I know what needs doing.  Had enough now, they're taking the piss and treating us all like fools.

And I'm wearing my Heart shirt for the rest of the season.  Just making a point to CFG.

• Like 4

Nadal v Dimitrov was pretty good....

I spent more  time flicking over to that than watching our "performance"

to say that I am disappointed is an understatement

In the old days of Heart when we didn't win for 200 matches or so,  I could live with it.

We had shite ownership, shite facilities, shite management  and average players

We now have the best funded club, best facilities, the best squad we have ever had , shite management

we are playing a brand of football that was found out in the third week of the season, and nothing changes

Every team knows how to stop us

I hate going to Eithad , so I'm not going to the Derby, fuck knows if I'm going to the Brisbane match the following week

Edited by japiedog
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Seriously, in the end they're not going to listen to us unless they lose face or money.  It'll need the sort of mass fan protest we saw last year, people walking out or not turning up, people making it clear they're not renewing unless things change, for CFG to sit up and take notice.  We need to do something orchestrated at the Brisbane game.  Banners, chants, walk outs, backs to the game, silence, something to make the point to these thick skulled functionaries.  IMHO, it's going to have to be active that leads this, but I'm happy to join in once I know what needs doing.  Had enough now, they're taking the piss and treating us all like fools.

And I'm wearing my Heart shirt for the rest of the season.  Just making a point to CFG.

Good idea with the heart shirt! A nice F-you to the CFG and i will be doing the same this week at the derby.

13 minutes ago, HeartOfCity said:

Good idea with the heart shirt! A nice F-you to the CFG and i will be doing the same this week at the derby.

If nothing else, it's something most of us who were Heart can do to make a point.  Heart shirts, caps, scarves, whatever we've got, no City gear anywhere.  And if you can't do that, wear red and white, even if it's another club.  I'm not taking this bollocks any longer.  At least let's try, on and off the pitch.

• Like 1

Get a few things of my chest.

Selections are poor, but actually they aren't our main problem- that's pedestrian ball movement or more simply no plan on how to actually score goals. 

As for travel? Fuck me I thought we were a professional outfit? Plan to arrive with plenty of time to spare. If it still goes pear shape adjust your team selections. It's not rocket science. 

Selections? Our squad is not so wonderful that we can have 2 of the best players in the league on the bench. It's insanity. We persist in playing Colazo as a left winger, presumably because he's a left footer, but he plays "Dutch style", cutting in so the crosses come from the left back. Really he plays in a manner better suited to the right wing. To top it off this means one of our squaddies is a permanent starter instead of just a back up like he should be.

Our disinterest in recruiting 2 starting central defenders to replace Wilkinson and Kisnorbo is now starting to bite. We have no one to play next to Jacobsen as Malik is well short of the mark. "The kid" (Tongyik, hope he at least sat next to Tommy on the bench and peppered him with questions about positioning) is at least likely to improve or we could fall back on the experienced and versatile Muscat who was good earlier in the season.

Surely blind Freddie can see that Cahill is no longer an elite midfielder? Needs to either play up front or off the bench, where he would be a weapon.

Oh @Dylan pretty sure all this has been caused by abandoning our red and white stripes! 

Edited by Shahanga
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

If nothing else, it's something most of us who were Heart can do to make a point.  Heart shirts, caps, scarves, whatever we've got, no City gear anywhere.  And if you can't do that, wear red and white, even if it's another club.  I'm not taking this bollocks any longer.  At least let's try, on and off the pitch.

And don't sing "So Happy Together." Just hold up the red-and-white. 

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

We can't score from anything, besides penalties (and we're only going at 66.6% conversion there, by my count), set pieces (about one in ten resulting in a shot on target) and freak/fluke opportunities (e.g. Franjic against the Wanderers). You know what the funny thing is? When I was taking a look back at our recent goals, Kamau (despite being in undeniably woeful form) has been responsible for more than his share of goals that have actually been generated through the exciting build-ups and exquisite passing that people still seem to give us undue credit for. So maybe that's why they're keeping him around. 

We have a good team on paper and surely someone will have to figure out sooner or later that these laborious build-ups and possession-dominance wankfests have killed our season and will probably end a few careers. Until then, 66% of Fornaroli's spot kicks and the occasional Cahill magic that should form the icing on the cake of our scores will be all we have to look forward to.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 3 Points said:

Also, other than chanting call out tactical moves to give team guidance

Suggest it would be brilliant if we only used Heart chants for the Brisbane match.  My missus suggests that if we want a slogan, something like "we've lost our Heart", "our heart isn't in it" or "where's the Heart" might be appropriate... 

17 hours ago, Mr MO said:

A number ten or attacking midfielder who actually can control, hold and turn will help. We've got nobody who can do that. 

We do have them - he just won't play them with our structure.  Brattan could play that role, Caceras or even Brandan would play well there.  You are so spot on - no link play in midfield and we look like a shit team rolling the ball from one side of the park to the other with no effect.  It's been obvious for weeks on end this needs to be fixed - just amazed that we persist with the same rubbish.

• Like 1

Valkanis is basically JVS mouth piece, or CFGs mouthpiece. Like playmaker said you can't expect to have 100% possession. You will lose the ball. 

The other thing as Craig Foster said was that Valkanis keeps talking about number of balls in the box and converting those opportunities. But like he said if you have 8 defenders in the box then you can put as many balls in the box, it will be defended more often than not. As opposed to the Jets who got the ball in the box only a few times but had only Bouzanis to beat. 

Valkanis also asked about not choosing a well performing player like Tongyik and instead playing Malik. He was asked why Malik was played out of position however Valkanis was adamant that Malik natural position is in the number 6 or central defence. Anyway the point is he dodged the question and didn't provide a good reason why Tongyik wasn't chosen. 

So we have Rose who is probably the most average player on the team starting every time. We have Colazo who would be better in left back but refuse to play him there. This in turn puts our visa player in Fernando on the bench. We have a visa keeper who is far superior on the bench. And we have the best performing player for the month in Tongyik being dropped for two games in a row directly after winning this award!!!!

It truly boggles the mind. Unforgivable decisions made over and over.  

• Like 4

Although the Jets have been trying to establish a possession-first approach this season, Newcastle were happy to remain compact at the back in Coffs Harbour as Andrew Nabbout's brace proved the difference on Friday night.

"We knew on the counter we could hurt them," Jones told Fox Sports.

"We knew if we sat they would over-commit and we thought we could pick them off and score two or three goals. It's worked out that way.

So can someone translate this for me because I am not quite sure what he is saying.