Melbourne Football

Melbourne Derby: The XXIII Instalment......4th February 2017

n i k o

2 minutes ago, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

We are playing well. Just brandan and fornaroli need to try to make more runs through the defenders and our midfeilder should try to do more lofted passes. Im also not to convinced with caceres atm

Being asked to play right wing isn't helping Caceres. He is struggling, but it's understandable. 

1 minute ago, Shahanga said:

Being asked to play right wing isn't helping Caceres. He is struggling, but it's understandable. 

Franjic is playing pretty well going forward and getting back though, so Caceres isn't really playing as a true winger. Wish he was more central though so he can do what he did in his 15 minute cameo last week

12 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

Well that's an "interesting" decision.

if Berisha wasn't there there is no way Muscat would have played st it.

surely he was involved 

Franjic has just said exactly the same.  What I said at the time, interfering with play...

Just now, HEARTinator said:

Bruno's disallowed goal, hardly offside, the Albanian offside and interfering with Bouzanis for the second goal. Farkorf Beath.

And the mugging of Brandan in the first half which was a penalty all ends up.  We got nothing tonight.

• Like 1

First half was cagey but poor football. We scored but I knew that we wouldn't keep a clean sheet but I was pleased with the desperation and the improved ball movement.

Positives:

Better effort against 12 men (if you can call Chris Beath a man)

Better tempo and improved ball movement.

Negatives:

Next week we won't have Muscat, Malik, Fornaroli (all have 5 yellows) Jakobsen (injured) or Cahill, may as well play the youth team.

Season over, we'll be lucky to make the top 6 now I think.

Edited by belaguttman

1 minute ago, belaguttman said:

First half was cagey but poor football. We scored but I knew that we wouldn't keep a clean sheet but I was pleased with the desperation and the improved ball movement.

Positives:

Better effort against 12 men (if you can call Chris Death a man)

Better tempo and improved ball movement.

Negatives:

Next week we won't have Muscat, Malik, Fornaroli (all have 5 yellows) Jakobsen (injured) or Cahill, may as well play the youth team.

Season over, we'll be lucky to make the top 6 now I think.

Also won't have Brandan and Brattan, also on five yellows.

• Like 1