Melbourne Football

Melbourne Derby: The XXIII Instalment......4th February 2017

n i k o

20 minutes ago, johnno cpfc said:

So, all these people are going to watch us get absolutely Creamed by Victards at Shittyhad stadium well all i can say is have a nice day cause there ain't no way i will be there specialy after Friday Night.

Fair enough, I am still battling whether or not to go but as mentioned somewhere in the threads (unsure which one) the option to wear red and white or the old heart merch will probably get me going to the game as a bit of a F-you to CFG. 

Just now, Hellenic Hero said:

Yeah, it is- hopefully I get a sympathy blowie otherwise It'll be a pretty depressing night.

Yeah, I've been giving your predicament a bit of thought ;)  Have you thought about acting all sensitive and that and telling her that you've just heard that both your parents have come out saying they're gay! So you just tell her that you've got some doubts about things now, you know wink wink, and that by screwing her you could establish your hetro credentials :tooth:  Or something like that. Just putting it out there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HEARTinator said:

Yeah, I've been giving your predicament a bit of thought ;)  Have you thought about acting all sensitive and that and telling her that you've just heard that both your parents have come out saying they're gay! So you just tell her that you've got some doubts about things now, you know wink wink, and that by screwing her you could establish your hetro credentials :tooth:  Or something like that. Just putting it out there.

That's fucking brilliant. Sounds like a plan!

1 minute ago, GreenSeater said:

I have a choice between going to this and going to what will likely be a shit party with people I barely know. It says a lot that I'm not picking the game.

The thought of possibly beating the Tards again in their backyard surely persuades you more?

31 minutes ago, Baka1 said:

The thought of possibly beating the Tards again in their backyard surely persuades you more?

Tbh not really. For one I don't see us beating them, in fact I see us getting destroyed. I also fucking hate Etihad, it's horrible to watch football at. And most of all I don't really like the derby that much tbh. Being surrounded by Victory flogs or derby specials takes away from the atmosphere for me. If I get a group of mates going I'll usually go, but if not I usually avoid it. Not to mention as it's an away game it's not included in the membership and I'm totally broke. Much prefer going to our regular home games tbh.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fredinho69 said:

Have only ever missed one derby and that was the Paartalu header derby. Will be missing this one due to an event on.

3-1

Bruno with two and a timmy header with them to score a late consolation. They aren't anything special either tbh

vamos city

Agree, they are nothing special BUT they can counter attack well. 

Both teams are bad defensively but if they drop 8 players in the box then it's going to be another boring (scratch your eyes out) game with us conceding on the counter.

Post match Valkanis will say (we were the better side and controlled the game) bullshit with the supporters, commentators and experts saying WTF.

Come on Valkanis do something FFS!!!

Edited by playmaker

On 1/28/2017 at 1:48 PM, Baka1 said:

Yeah I was on Level 3 too and the fuckers came across literally 2 bays from where I was sitting for the second half... But can someone, anyone, tell me the point of swapping Level 1 for Level 3 and claiming they're dead? It's the same pack of cunts on the third tier ffs #sickpuppies 

My mate is in the NT and the reason so many people went to Level 3 is because security were checking ID's when people were going into the terrace and making people sit in there designated seats so most of them fucked off to the top level.

Edited by IssySG

18 minutes ago, IssySG said:

My mate is in the NT and the reason so many people went to Level 3 is because security were checking ID's when people were going into the terrace and making people sit in there designated seats so most of them fucked off to the top level.

Get your facts right

Why the actual fuck would someone have mates in the NT?

Biggest bunch of retards in the world. They decide they don't want to support the club actively anymore, so the club chooses a bunch of kids to lead a new active group, and they spend their entire time booing them!? Now they sit in the far corner of the stadium chanting? What the hell?

On 1/28/2017 at 9:42 AM, Dylan said:

for some reason I think we are going to pull the best performance of the season out of our ass and win this.

Mate i said that to the misses straight after we lost to Newcastle.

You could mistake that as a case of saying you don't mean in the heat of absolute rage and sheer insanity, but i'm starting believe in the delusion that we might do exactly that and do em in round 2 fashion .

• Like 1

On 1/28/2017 at 1:48 PM, Baka1 said:

Yeah I was on Level 3 too and the fuckers came across literally 2 bays from where I was sitting for the second half... But can someone, anyone, tell me the point of swapping Level 1 for Level 3 and claiming they're dead? It's the same pack of cunts on the third tier ffs #sickpuppies 

They were there last Thursday for the Sydney game as well.

Just another clear indication that it has never been about the club for those cunts and just all about their own agendas. 

Thank fuck we aren't like that. Even though i wasn't happy with it, Yarraside at least had a legitimate reason to call it a day.

On 01/29/2017 at 8:38 PM, johnno cpfc said:

So, all these people are going to watch us get absolutely Creamed by Victards at Shittyhad stadium well all i can say is have a nice day cause there ain't no way i will be there specialy after Friday Night.

We won't be there either. Can't be bothered spending more money to watch their pathetic boring football

On 1/28/2017 at 9:45 PM, NewConvert said:

I like it but my team would have cahill mainly for contractual reasons.

Sorenson

Franjic, Jakobsen, Tongyk, Colazo

Kilkenny

Fitzgerald, Caceres, Brandan

Fornaroli, Cahill

Bench: Bouzanis, Muscat, Brattan, Kamau

And like you I would make sure that the high press line is pulled back. I've lost patience with Brattan because I do think he is too slow to pass the ball and I would warn Caceres that he needs to pass the ball. If neither Caceres nor Brattan improve, then I would give Retre and Arzanis a go. The season is nearly over and I get the feeling that Brattan has become complacent. I remain unconvinced by Caceres but I am prepared to give him a chance to prove himself in the starting line up.

Malik and Rose better train the house down if they want to be selected for the bench.

And finally, I would not be afraid of making subs.

Only thing i'd change is to put Brandan on the right, Put Colazo in the left of the midfield and play Manny at LB.

Ok Manny might not give you as much going forward (and yes i am the president of the Manny Muscat Love Association), but he will give you the cover in a back 4 situation that we will bloody need with Rojas smashing the wing. 

Plus wtf do we need to rely so heavily on the full backs attacking when we have such attacking power without them.

Edited by [LIBBA]

Sorensen

Franjic      Jakobsen        Tongyik    Colazo

Brattan           Kilkenny

Caceres

Kamau                 Fornaroli         Brandan

SUBS Bouzanis    Fitzgerald   Cahill    Muscat      Malik

IMO that's our best lineup and hope to god thats what we'll try. I think there will be at least one axing out of Brattan, Bouzanis and Cahill.

Edited by bt50
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bt50 said:

Sorensen

Franjic      Jakobsen        Tongyik    Colazo

Brattan           Kilkenny

Caceres

Kamau                 Fornaroli         Brandan

SUBS Bouzanis    Fitzgerald   Cahill    Muscat      Malik

IMO that's our best lineup and hope to god thats what we'll try. I think there will be at least one axing out of Brattan, Bouzanis and Cahill.

I agree, but it ain't going to happen. If I had the above lineup, I would be quietly confident of a result.

4 hours ago, Tony999 said:

I agree, but it ain't going to happen. If I had the above lineup, I would be quietly confident of a result.

Possibly, I reckon Tongyik & Brandan in and Colazo to LB or CAM will happen though. Cahill and Bouzanis less confident of.

3 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Possibly, I reckon Tongyik & Brandan in and Colazo to LB or CAM will happen though. Cahill and Bouzanis less confident of.

Can't see Rose losing his spot at this rate for Colazo to take it tbh. He didn't fuck up majorly last game and Valkanis wants the same players playing each week. 

Edited by n i k o

5 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Can't see Rose losing his spot at this rate for Colazo to take it tbh. He didn't fuck up majorly last game and Valkanis wants the same players playing each week. 

My reasoning centres more around they'll want to get Brandan in after his performance last week, and his earlier performances against the mongs. The logic says Brandan eithe comes in at LW or CAM, which means Colazo gets moved to either LB with Rose making way, or into CAM to replace Cahill. Alternatively he stays put on the left and Fernando goes to CAM. For mine Fernando at CAM is super risky in a derby tho, he's a red card waiting to happen in the middle of the park imo. I'm pretty confident Tongyik will replace Malik though, who has been ordinary for a few weeks now.

On that logic I think Colazo goes to LB given the big game nature, and Cahill or Caceres starts at CAM. My inkling (hope?) with Sorensen is more around doing what your opponents would least want, and Sorensen in would haunt Victory in particular after last year. 

Edited by bt50