Melbourne Football

Melbourne Derby: The XXIII Instalment......4th February 2017

n i k o

4 hours ago, Baka1 said:

The pack of cunts will be out in force on level 3 if last night is anything to go by. This will be fun :ph34r:;)

Was on L3 last night and about 250 of them were running around the top of the stadium, chanting and giving shit to the cops. They'll still be there on Saturday, booing the club sponsored terrace and chanting themselves. Will be quite a few of them I reckon. 

What's the go with them atm?

So what I can gather, the original North Terrace now go back to their favourite spot up the back of level three whilst a new group has started where the original North Terrace used to stand? 

So there's essentially three supporter groups for them atm or is that not the case? 

Edited by RedAndWhitePride

22 minutes ago, RedAndWhitePride said:

What's the go with them atm?

So what I can gather, the original North Terrace now go back to their favourite spot up the back of level three whilst a new group has started where the original North Terrace used to stand? 

So there's essentially three supporter groups for them atm or is that not the case? 

My mates a Victory active member and was at the game yesterday.. he was saying NT are on level 1, but barely chant since there old group Horda, is back and they're chanting on level 3 (that was for yesterday anyway).. may change for the derby

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrew Edmonds said:

My mates a Victory active member and was at the game yesterday.. he was saying NT are on level 1, but barely chant since there old group Horda, is back and they're chanting on level 3 (that was for yesterday anyway).. may change for the derby

Ok, that makes sense. They were there at the Geelong game too, would imagine they'd do something similar for the derby.

My XI

Bouzanis (regrettably)

Franjic   Tongyik  Jackobsen   Colazo

Brattan     Kilkenny 

Caceres 

Fitzy                                  Brandan 

Fornaroli

Cahill on for Caceres/Bruno, kamau for either winger etc etc 

Team I'd like to see

Sorenson

Franjic.     Wilkinson.    Kisnorbo.   Zullo

Paartalu 

Mauk.         Mooy

Fitzgerald.          Fornaroli.        Novillo 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, neio said:

Team I'd like to see

Sorenson

Paartalu 

Mauk.         Mooy

Really. Mauk and Fitzgerald???

If we could choose I would swap Fitzgerald with Villa and Paartalu with Engalaar. And Mauk with Fred (a fit version).

4 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Really. Mauk and Fitzgerald???

If we could choose I would swap Fitzgerald with Villa and Paartalu with Engalaar. And Mauk with Fred (a fit version).

And Jacobson in for Kirnorbo. Kisnorbo is a brilliant 'back to the wall' type defender, but isn't the best defender for a team who is dominant.

Edit: would also take kilkenny over fred. Otherwise team would be too imbalnced.

Also didnt realise it was just last seasons best XI.

Edited by malloy

15 hours ago, Hellenic Hero said:

Was on L3 last night and about 250 of them were running around the top of the stadium, chanting and giving shit to the cops. They'll still be there on Saturday, booing the club sponsored terrace and chanting themselves. Will be quite a few of them I reckon. 

Yeah I was on Level 3 too and the fuckers came across literally 2 bays from where I was sitting for the second half... But can someone, anyone, tell me the point of swapping Level 1 for Level 3 and claiming they're dead? It's the same pack of cunts on the third tier ffs #sickpuppies 

4 minutes ago, Baka1 said:

Yeah I was on Level 3 too and the fuckers came across literally 2 bays from where I was sitting for the second half... But can someone, anyone, tell me the point of swapping Level 1 for Level 3 and claiming they're dead? It's the same pack of cunts on the third tier ffs #sickpuppies 

Even worse, there were about 100 13-15 year olds following them because they thought it was cool..

2 minutes ago, Baka1 said:

I saw heaps of them and I felt like saying what the fuck do you know about terrace culture hahaha

I even saw a few of the kids wearing 'against modern football' t-shirts..

2 minutes ago, haz said:

They we're proberly running after their long lost fathers in the north terrace

It was disgusting. And the new NT couldn't be heard from where I was sitting:P

4 hours ago, neio said:

Team I'd like to see

Sorenson

Paartalu 

Mauk.         Mooy

What a team that was 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chris p said:

Anything less than wholesale changes would be a disappointment 

You need to be a bit more specific. There are 10 matches to go - I would play the following starting line-up in every one unless we get injuries. Pull the back line back 20m, blow the shit out of everyone in the squad about moving the ball faster, fine any player making an unnecessary back pass, and instill some pride into the bastards about the honour of wearing the City shirt. Anyone who doesn't like it can tear up his contract at the end of the season.

Sorensen;
Franjic, Jakobsen, Tongyik, Colazo;
Kilkenny, Brattan;
Caceres;
Fitzgerald, Fornaroli, Brandan.

Our lads showed the way today. 2-1 down with just 10 minutes to go, getting on terms and then burying a penalty in the last minute of added time. About time the seniors showed the same grit.

BTW, if I was Simon Pearce I'd be picking up the phone to Valkanis tomorrow and telling him in no uncertain terms that he can shape up or ship straight out.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

You need to be a bit more specific. There are 10 matches to go - I would play the following starting line-up in every one unless we get injuries. Pull the back line back 20m, blow the shit out of everyone in the squad about moving the ball faster, fine any player making an unnecessary back pass, and instill some pride into the bastards about the honour of wearing the City shirt. Anyone who doesn't like it can tear up his contract at the end of the season.

Sorensen;
Kilkenny, Brattan;
Caceres;

Our lads showed the way today. 2-1 down with just 10 minutes to go, getting on terms and then burying a penalty in the last minute of added time. About time the seniors showed the same grit.

BTW, if I was Simon Pearce I'd be picking up the phone to Valkanis tomorrow and telling him in no uncertain terms that he can shape up or ship straight out.

I like it but my team would have cahill mainly for contractual reasons.

Sorenson

Franjic, Jakobsen, Tongyk, Colazo

Kilkenny

Fitzgerald, Caceres, Brandan

Fornaroli, Cahill

Bench: Bouzanis, Muscat, Brattan, Kamau

And like you I would make sure that the high press line is pulled back. I've lost patience with Brattan because I do think he is too slow to pass the ball and I would warn Caceres that he needs to pass the ball. If neither Caceres nor Brattan improve, then I would give Retre and Arzanis a go. The season is nearly over and I get the feeling that Brattan has become complacent. I remain unconvinced by Caceres but I am prepared to give him a chance to prove himself in the starting line up.

Malik and Rose better train the house down if they want to be selected for the bench.

And finally, I would not be afraid of making subs.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Sorensen;
Kilkenny, Brattan;
Caceres;

This is the starting team I would go along to watch as well - and bring Cahill off the bench at 65min.

Sorensen 

Franjic Tongyik Jakobsen Colazo

Kilkenny Brattan 

Fitzgerald      Caceras        Brandan 

Fornaroli 

Bench: Bouzanis Cahil Muscat Kamau 

Cahill to replace Fitzy at 60mins and Fornaroli to drift right.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Jovan said:

Sorensen 

Franjic Tongyik Jakobsen Colazo

Kilkenny Brattan 

Fitzgerald      Caceras        Brandan 

Fornaroli 

Bench: Bouzanis Cahil Muscat Kamau 

Cahill to replace Fitzy at 60mins and Fornaroli to drift right.

Looks a very good team.

So bit late buying tickets for this, I'm taking a group of mates along with me so I can't get my ticket for the active bay and the Premium B seats are a bit pricey for the others. If I bought tickets in L3 18 will there be many other City fans in there too? Don't really want to be surrounded by the scum and feeling like I can't join in in the party songs when we score our 5th...

Any help appreciated. Cheers!

1 hour ago, Hughesie27 said:

So bit late buying tickets for this, I'm taking a group of mates along with me so I can't get my ticket for the active bay and the Premium B seats are a bit pricey for the others. If I bought tickets in L3 18 will there be many other City fans in there too? Don't really want to be surrounded by the scum and feeling like I can't join in in the party songs when we score our 5th...

Any help appreciated. Cheers!

Can't remember the Bay number, but buy tickets on level 3 above where the City active area. Most City fans will be there......   Oh and bring cheezels active gets hungry down below on level 1

• Like 2

So my line up would be:

Sorensen

Franjic Muscat Jacobsen Colazo

Brattan Kilkenny   

Fornaroli

Fitzgerald. Cahill Brandan

bench: Kamau Malik Caceres Bozanzis Arzani 

PS I expect rather than this City will name an unchanged line up.

Edited by Shahanga
  • Like 1