Melbourne Football

Does anything change if Bruno stays?

I was thinking about this the other day. Obviously Bruno was a fan favorite and something happened and who's fault it was and why he left depends on who you ask.

Jamie scored goals for fun and broke records but he went missing in some big games does Bruno help us?

But if Bruno stays and we don't get Jamie do we still win the titles we do? Do we do even better do we win in Asia more? 

Bruno got selected for socceroos a few times so I guess it did work out for him. 

With Jamie leaving and Bruno still playing somewhat well I think it's a fair question to ask. 

5 hours ago, jw1739 said:

He was part of the FA Cup winning team. If you are prepared to count that as a "final."

It’s an interesting comparison.

Of course the FA cup counts, captain back then as well from memory.

JMAC has set goal scoring records but also some less desirable ones such as being captain of the side clogging the biggest losses in the clubs history. All the grand finals (3x?) he’s played including the 2019 FA cup final we’ve lost.

1 hour ago, D.B. Cooper said:

Unpopular opinion. League Finals don’t matter 

I agree in general terms, but until we have a longer season with proper home-and-away fixtures, they are going to stick around.  And in the eyes of Australians they matter. Further, a true champion team will win them.

The Cup IMO is definitely important, and is recognised as such by the AFC. If you don't have the intention of winning the competition then you shouldn't be in it, and any time that you don't have the intention of winning it you betray your supporters.

After so many years waiting to see Confederation football I just cannot express how bitterly disappointed I was with our two ACL campaigns. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I agree in general terms, but until we have a longer season with proper home-and-away fixtures, they are going to stick around.  And in the eyes of Australians they matter. Further, a true champion team will win them.

The Cup IMO is definitely important, and is recognised as such by the AFC. If you don't have the intention of winning the competition then you shouldn't be in it, and any time that you don't have the intention of winning it you betray your supporters.

After so many years waiting to see Confederation football I just cannot express how bitterly disappointed I was with our two ACL campaigns. 

Particularly after watching that excellent doco on SBS last night about WSW and their first two years, including their Asian Cup run.

• Like 1