moops

Just now, D.B. Cooper said:

Well at least it was a real goal I guess, unlike their opener 

Yeah, that was pretty dodgy.

3 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

That's our season officially over.

11 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

That's our season officially over.

I still think it's for the best in the longer term. The club, the players and staff, and the style of play, are all tired and need a push on the reset button to get positive again. Our so-called top players such as Leckie and Maclaren who look good on paper make no impact whatsoever when they come on. Just the same old shit week in, week out.

It's no particular person IMO, just the whole set-up this season.

42 minutes ago, D.B. Cooper said:

It managed to catch Nuno 1mm offside Saturday 

Was that actually a video assisted referee, i.e. a person, or the on-field referee looking at the replay? Nothing come up on the screen showing a review was underway...

• Like 1

I just watched the highlights. Jakolis could be terminated now with no loss to the club. The penalty was certainly marginal and demanded review, but should be chalked up against Young for an atrocious pass that gave Fernandez nowhere to go. Lovely work by Caputo and the little look-up before the cross exactly where Arslan needed it. Max has to start from now on.

4 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I just watched the highlights. Jakolis could be terminated now with no loss to the club. The penalty was certainly marginal and demanded review, but should be chalked up against Young for an atrocious pass that gave Fernandez nowhere to go. Lovely work by Caputo and the little look-up before the cross exactly where Arslan needed it. Max has to start from now on.

The good news is that according to the Current Squad page only Ben Mazzeo remains in contract. Strangely, Caputo is down as a mid-fielder. So If Jakolis is not terminated, we only have to wait a few more weeks before it becomes true anyway.

As for the game, I could see that Arslan is getting frustrated with the rest of the team - notable exceptions being Caputo, Leckie and Tilio.

Got a chance to look at the game. Frustrating because we were clearly on top and was robbed by the ref. That offside was seriously harsh. Jakolis actually works hard and gets in good positions but just has serious yips at present. That last goal could have been cut off by the DM I think it was Jeggo who sat back instead of tackling.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Le Hack said:

Got a chance to look at the game. Frustrating because we were clearly on top and was robbed by the ref. That offside was seriously harsh. Jakolis actually works hard and gets in good positions but just has serious yips at present. That last goal could have been cut off by the DM I think it was Jeggo who sat back instead of tackling.

What shits me most of all about this game is not actually the wastefulness of our forwards. It's not the penalty or offside calls - because you win some of them and you lose some of them. It is that stupid play out from the back from Young that left Fernandez nowhere to go and led to the penalty. Young is a very experienced 'keeper, and that's why he's there, and that is just not using your brain, and giving away a goal just after we've taken the lead.

After we scored -  that's just when the coach and captain have got to urge the lads to settle down and keep it tight "because we can do this." I think this particular incident just demonstrates what a rabble we have become.

• Haha 1