Melbourne Football

Melbourne City VPL 1 team Season 2024 (and other Junior teams)

citypool

1 hour ago, NewConvert said:

I thought that you had raised this earlier in another thread with the Club communicating that the Victorian league was very mindful of its turf and that the club (nor the A_League) wanted to tread on their toes. Maybe it was someone else?

Yes, I did, but that was results and the table.  (But TBH I think that's a stupid attitude from the VSL. Surely the more publicity they get the better?)

Perhaps the VSL has a ban on everything else as well. Football is forever overreaching itself based on junior registrations, but if you don't market the product no-one buys it.

Like a  Fan Representative Group that the fans don't know anything about.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Yes, I did, but that was results and the table.  (But TBH I think that's a stupid attitude from the VSL. Surely the more publicity they get the better?)

Perhaps the VSL has a ban on everything else as well. Football is forever overreaching itself based on junior registrations, but if you don't market the product no-one buys it.

Like a  Fan Representative Group that the fans don't know anything about.

AFAIK the middle east is easier to resolve than the politics around football.

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just for anyone's interest, Mazzeo played a full game for the VPL team on the weekend in their 2-1 win against WU. Others to feature include Patrick Beach as GK, Sulemani, Durakovic, and Shillington had the full 90. Memeti with a brace. Lots of yellow cards given. Diamanti is listed as coach, wonder where he is at with his badges

• Like 2