Melbourne Football

Sack Valkanis

Tesla

39 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Fair enough, but I would be bloody near fulltime on this if I kept every statistic...

Valkanis' record while he was our Head Coach (15 Matches):
We beat: WSW(H), CCM(H), Phoenix(A), CCM(A), Newcastle(H), Adelaide(H). 
We drew with: Brisbane(H)
We lost to: Adelaide(A), Newcastle(A), Victory(A), Sydney(H), WSW(A), Sydney(A), Perth(A), Perth(H).

Highlighted teams finished below us on the table.

I sometimes wonder whether anyone at the club looks at statistics like these, because when we do it is so bloody obvious how bad we are.

Yep very poor, and the fact that most of the time it was the same tactic that exploited us was unforgivable from a managerial view point.

As with most here, the lack of change and doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome was illogical, and having to be told this rubbish from Timmy and the coaching staff supporting this mindset was treating the supporters with contempt. Valkanis was just dumb in the way he managed and was a fkwit by implying, with his salt and pepper shaker comment, that anyone that questioned him was an idiot.

Edited by playmaker

10 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Fair enough, but I would be bloody near fulltime on this if I kept every statistic...

Valkanis' record while he was our Head Coach (15 Matches):
We beat: WSW(H), CCM(H), Phoenix(A), CCM(A), Newcastle(H), Adelaide(H). 
We drew with: Brisbane(H)
We lost to: Adelaide(A), Newcastle(A), Victory(A), Sydney(H), WSW(A), Sydney(A), Perth(A), Perth(H).

Highlighted teams finished below us on the table.

I sometimes wonder whether anyone at the club looks at statistics like these, because when we do it is so bloody obvious how bad we are.

great work!

it's been hard to watch.. there have been flashes of brilliance but no consistency on the pitch.  with JVS and valkanus.  the squad is really unbalanced.

i can see valkanus getting the job next year.  if they were willing to stick with JVS they might be willing to stick with him.  it's a sad thought.  i just hope they make a decision sooner than later so the fans can know and so the manager can have some say in recruiting and put their vision into how the squad shapes up for next season.

Edited by nah brah

33 minutes ago, Defibrillator said:

Give me time to confirm a rumour - but I'm hearing about the problems at MC with the CFG group often overriding the gaffer - including things such as team selection. If this is the case then we have big cultural problems me thinks. 

well that is CFG wanting us to play its brand of sexy possession based football

boring as fuck when it's 100 % possession across the back 4 for half of the match

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nah brah said:

i can see valkanus getting the job next year. 

you have to be joking and they are kidding themselves if they appoint him.

Honestly, If they do I wont renew and would encourage everyone else to do the same. This club needs a shake up and a shake up bad.

Every position from the CEO down MUST be under review. Heck, positions in CFG should be up for review with their track record across the globe.

41 minutes ago, Defibrillator said:

Give me time to confirm a rumour - but I'm hearing about the problems at MC with the CFG group often overriding the gaffer - including things such as team selection. If this is the case then we have big cultural problems me thinks. 

This stinks of excuses from the local branch saving face over the utter clusterf@ck we have been.

JVS stunkpre-CFG, and he stunk post CFG.

My work colleague watched the game and he said the commentators were laying into our team selection and tactics. Like why the best keeper isn't playing, Kamau shouldn't be on the pitch, why was Brattan benched instead of Malik, the tactics were shithouse....etc. That true?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Valkanis has absolutely no chance of getting the gig whatsoever.

Extremely optimistic. 

CFG track record so far.

Re appointed JVS after takeover

After JVS indicated it would be last season sat on their hands.

When JVS left chose to reshuffle from within and jeopardized the womens title defence. 

So anything is possible. But tbf highly unlikely. 

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

My work colleague watched the game and he said the commentators were laying into our team selection and tactics. Like why the best keeper isn't playing, Kamau shouldn't be on the pitch, why was Brattan benched instead of Malik, the tactics were shithouse....etc. That true?

Yea whole game, they were also saying how our players weren't even going for the ball etc.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jovan said:

Extremely optimistic. 

CFG track record so far.

Re appointed JVS after takeover

After JVS indicated it would be last season sat on their hands.

When JVS left chose to reshuffle from within and jeopardized the womens title defence. 

So anything is possible. But tbf highly unlikely. 

Well if they re-appoint that muppet they can expect half of the members not to re-sign.

Edited by Tony999
  • Like 1

On 25/04/2017 at 7:24 PM, jw1739 said:

Ultimate A-League shows van 't Schip's overall record as 142 matches, 52 wins, for 36.11%

Valkanis' overall A-league record (Adelaide + City) 24 matches, 8 wins, 33.3%. Valkanis' record with City 15 matches, 6 wins, 40%.

Neither good enough to win a Premiership, although both could fluke a Championship or Cup win once in a while. Which, of course, we did this year.

The other thing I would point out is that as Valkanis' was appointed as Head Coach "...for the remainder of the 2016-17 season." Nothing remains of our season and therefore I think it fair to assume that he's no longer in the position.
http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/michael-valkanis-appointed-melbourne-city-fc-head-coach/19nw972wzjihh1rr02gcp5u616

i think it's fair to say that his run as coach was a job interview.  considering that CFG did not move on JVS i would not be surprised if they signed up valkanus.

i still dont understand what they want from melbourne.  imo they have not shown intent to try and win the league.  so maybe they are happy to just use it to funnel players into europe for sale.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, nah brah said:

i think it's fair to say that his run as coach was a job interview.  considering that CFG did not move on JVS i would not be surprised if they signed up valkanus.

i still dont understand what they want from melbourne.  imo they have not shown intent to try and win the league.  so maybe they are happy to just use it to funnel players into europe for sale.

I think that's pretty inaccurate. 

They have shown intent. Probably in excess of 40million. Initial purchase plus La trobe redevelopment and wages and running costs.

As far as funneling players to Europe to sell. They've had offers for Mooy and rejected and Mauk was clearly going midway last season and CFG could have lined up a deal if wanted. Not sure how much they made on Novillo and Williams but was more likely a negative. 

It's pretty clear CFG want Melbourne City to win and compete in Asia the big issue IMO they haven't yet worked out how to achieve said goal.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Jovan said:

I think that's pretty inaccurate. 

They have shown intent. Probably in excess of 40million. Initial purchase plus La trobe redevelopment and wages and running costs.

As far as funneling players to Europe to sell. They've had offers for Mooy and rejected and Mauk was clearly going midway last season and CFG could have lined up a deal if wanted. Not sure how much they made on Novillo and Williams but was more likely a negative. 

It's pretty clear CFG want Melbourne City to win and compete in Asia the big issue IMO they haven't yet worked out how to achieve said goal.

fair enough. i just dont get why they have skimped on coaches.

41 minutes ago, nah brah said:

I don't think they "skimped" as such. I reackon JVS would've been on a fair whack. Valkanis was seen as interim just carrying on all the systems and plans.

It was obvious to many that this was a major error but CFG don't seem like a reactionary outfit and work on their own time frame. 

The manager appointment will basically decide the fate of the team for the next 3 to 5 years and if they get it wrong again a lot of pain will follow.

51 minutes ago, nah brah said:

Well If you think of it like this. Ok JVS munn etc. here is three years show us what you can do with unlimited resources if it's crap you're gone.  

Makes sense to me imo

4 minutes ago, Chris p said:

This bloke gone yet ? what are they waiting for ? 

Were you around last off-season? If not, you'd better get used to the agony of about 5 months where you won't know what the hell is going on out there at CFA.

• Like 5

17 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Were you around last off-season? If not, you'd better get used to the agony of about 5 months where you won't know what the hell is going on out there at CFA.

i find it a bit rude that they didnt let us know what the fuck is going on for so long.  just a backwater franchise..

19 hours ago, Dylan said:

Well If you think of it like this. Ok JVS munn etc. here is three years show us what you can do with unlimited resources if it's crap you're gone.  

Makes sense to me imo

makes no sense to me.  you pour millions into a club a accept 3 years of mediocrity.  it just screams to me of there being an alternate agenda.  who would be sticking with a failing coach with no history of winning if they wanted positive results from the club?  no. to me that means they have other targets which they are not letting us in on.  

• 6 months later...

Drain the swamp.

Was always cancer and rot at the club and was very alarmed at his attitude to Wazza when we played Bentleigh in the pre-season. He was always going to be destabilising for this club.

Kisnorbo should have always been our assistant under Wazza as he is a great leader of men and his influence will permeate through the whole team. Kisnorbo has always had an outstanding work ethic and he will compliment Wazza's vision.

Another line in the sand has been drawn today and in no uncertain terms Marwood has backed Wazza 110%. 

The message is clear,

'Do what Wazza says or you will be shown the door'

Exactly the way it should be.

• Like 4

• 5 months later...