Melbourne Football

West Ham RED BULL takeover

mcsoccer225

Against modern football when clubs abandon their old and sometimes quirky historical stadiums. Rips the heart out of them IMO.

Didn't realise until just now that Rasenballsport Leipzig in the Bundesliga is actually a Red Bull team, or that it was a 5th Division side with a different name when Red Bull bought it.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Against modern football when clubs abandon their old and sometimes quirky historical stadiums. Rips the heart out of them IMO.

Didn't realise until just now that Rasenballsport Leipzig in the Bundesliga is actually a Red Bull team, or that it was a 5th Division side with a different name when Red Bull bought it.

Biggest mistake ever. Should have never taken down the wall.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Dont forget about salzburg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Red_Bull_Salzburg

thats why they can't own it outright beceause they already have two teams in europe and may draw them in champions league so they either have to be major shareholders and thay can still change the kit, name, colours, stadium ect. or they can sell leipzig or salzburg and focus on west ham. they also own new york redbulls.

Imagine that, a big international corporation coming in and taking over a football club. Throwing buckets of cash at the team but forcing them to change their name, colours and crest to make it the same as the other clubs they own and turning it into a plastic, soulless version of what it once was all in the name of brand exposure. Makes me absolutely sick. #againstmodernfootball

• Like 4

20 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

Imagine that, a big international corporation coming in and taking over a football club. Throwing buckets of cash at the team but forcing them to change their name, colours and crest to make it the same as the other clubs they own and turning it into a plastic, soulless version of what it once was all in the name of brand exposure. Makes me absolutely sick. #againstmodernfootball

Imagine a team being created purely to exist to not be the same as the other team based in the same city #againstmodernfootball

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Imagine a team being created purely to exist to not be the same as the other team based in the same city #againstmodernfootball

Imagine if that original team was also a franchise created purely to exist to not be the same as all of the previous national first division teams #againstmodernfootball

• Like 1

On 12/28/2016 at 10:58 AM, Blackout said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't Hull City blocked from changing their name to Hull Tigers by the FA?

Quite correct.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/11/fa-reject-hull-city-application-change-name-hull-tigers

21 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

I don't think our name change is actually set in concrete yet. Looking at IP Australia all our applications are being opposed, including our new club badge, and none appear to have reached a conclusion.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, mcsoccer225 said:

Lads i am sad to say i am going overseas for a year and wont be able to upload because my photoshop is here at home so just wanted to tell everyone and say sorry, if i get photoshop over there i will tell you and start uploading again but less frequently.

Reading that was very depressing. Enjoy your time and get back to the forum as soon as possible. You are the few bright stars that illuminate this dark negative abyss. 

On 29 December 2016 at 7:12 PM, GreenSeater said:

Imagine if that original team was also a franchise created purely to exist to not be the same as all of the previous national first division teams #againstmodernfootball

Imagine if the whole league was detonated then rebuild with new franchise teams just to stick it up the wogs  #againstmodernfootball

17 hours ago, Jestr said:

Imagine if the whole league was detonated then rebuild with new franchise teams just to stick it up the wogs  #againstmodernfootball

Imagine if those wog clubs were still and always will be bigger than the franchise clubs? #againstmodernfootball

• Like 1