Melbourne Football

Semi number 2 vs Sydney Friday 19th of May

heart1011

9 hours ago, heart1011 said:

What's everyone's thoughts, predictions etc for this Friday's game? 

Hopefully we have O'Neil back which will certainly bolster our line-up!

Felt we played ok without being great in the first leg. We need to step it up this week as we can't afford another average performance against Sydney! 

The difference is that at the City end you get a reserved seat. At the GA end you don't. Simple.

The prices are set by APL, not by the clubs. City is of course involved up to its neck in APL at the Board level, but I doubt that it has any direct involvement in the day-to-day operations such as ticket prices.

If you don't want to fork out for a reserved seat, then don't. If you don't want to pay anything, then don't go.

I can't see what the issue is here.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

The difference is that at the City end you get a reserved seat. At the GA end you don't. Simple.

The prices are set by APL, not by the clubs. City is of course involved up to its neck in APL at the Board level, but I doubt that it has any direct involvement in the day-to-day operations such as ticket prices.

If you don't want to fork out for a reserved seat, then don't. If you don't want to pay anything, then don't go.

I can't see what the issue is here.

It seems pretty much in line with pricing for finals matches in previous years. And a one off City Blue ticket is well into the mid $30s. So it's not that much of a mark up from regular season matches.

7 minutes ago, citypool said:

Aye mariners are already on 17k and we can't get more then 6k pretty sad 

Mariners fans and other Central Coast casuals are only 50k or so from Sydney. Other than not having home ground advantage in the GF if they get there, their supporters are barely affected by this disgraceful decision.

I really am disgusted that the non-NSW clubs have barely raised a whimper of protest. It just shows how gutless they are and why I am so critical of the way football is administered in Australia.

I am going on Friday after a change of heart, mainly after more consideration of our lads on a personal level. For them as well as us I hope we win, and if we do I hope we win the GF too. But the club has betrayed us, as has APL and I hope they lose a bucketful of money over it all.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HughJass said:

And yet  the GA end is also reserved seating...... have a look https://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/Show.aspx?sh=APLFSFC223

Really? Then it's not "GA" anymore is it - certainly not the usual interpretation. Misleading advertising, screwing a few more dollars out of City fans thinking that they are paying more for a reserved seat.

I won't forget that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Reasoning? I'm thinking somewhere between 6,000 and 8,000.

Amongst my group I'm seeing a lot of occasionals and once a year attendees choosing to come to this one. Suspect we'll have lost some hard core regulars for this one, but there will be a fair number of more casual adherents instead.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fensaddler said:

Amongst my group I'm seeing a lot of occasionals and once a year attendees choosing to come to this one. Suspect we'll have lost some hard core regulars for this one, but there will be a fair number of more casual adherents instead.

That's what APL is relying on, of course - our fascination in Australia with "finals." That and the fact that 5 of the 12 clubs are located within 120 km of Sydney, and that AFL is probably not as important in NSW as it is elsewhere.

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Reasoning? I'm thinking somewhere between 6,000 and 8,000.

Not many at all of people ive spoken to are attending. I think active will be non-existent and a lot of regulars will boycott in protest of the grand final decision.

I went to all home games this year, but not going to this one ...

Very little reward for members (and I am a foundation one) ... Ive forked out decent money all year on the club ... really, should be better deals or tied into memberships ... for this game, for me to reserve my yearly seats for my family is $170

Feels like a hollow game, will be watching (and screaming at the TV ... i think its of Free to air) ... will be doing the lads a favour as they'll have a small crowd in Sydney if we make the GF

Fuck Sydney. hope we pump them

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, mattyh001 said:

Would love to get the commentary from the ref how the Burgess tackle was a yellow in the first place 🤔

First half felt cagey. Hopefully the goal and man difference opens up the second half 

We’ve lost a bit of creativity with Reis as RB and Berisha just don’t have it to be really creative in midfield, turns it over a fair bit. If you have a fit Galloway and Talbot this is just unnecessary.

2 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

We’ve lost a bit of creativity with Reis as RB and Berisha just don’t have it to be really creative in midfield, turns it over a fair bit. If you have a fit Galloway and Talbot this is just unnecessary.

And Nabbout is having a poor one as well.

All in all, this is on Rado.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

A. Very. Satisfying. Win.😍

Positives:

Crushing the Smurfs 4-0

A clean sheet

Leckie had a different role tonight, but it was good to see us dominate without Leckie or JMac dominating.

We were proactive and aggressive, and good movement off the ball to draw Sydney out of shape, and counter-pressed very well

Impressed with Nabbout's improvement throughout this season, he was unlucky not to score tonight

Aiden O'Neill provides balance and attacking options for us that we missed last week.

Negatives:

We didn't win by 5

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Very good turn out, despite no active support the crowd was into the game which made it fun. Very professional performance from Rado and the boys, 11 vs 10 for 70 minutes handled with aplomb apart from a bad moment here and there. Very proud of the club, we have made history, the first to make it to 4 consecutive GFs. 

21 minutes ago, kiko said:

Very good turn out, despite no active support the crowd was into the game which made it fun. Very professional performance from Rado and the boys, 11 vs 10 for 70 minutes handled with aplomb apart from a bad moment here and there. Very proud of the club, we have made history, the first to make it to 4 consecutive GFs. 

Some might say that it was better without active. The best atmosphere that we have enjoyed all season in fact. I haven't seen a number for the crowd yet, but IMO it was one of our larger attendances for the season.

Really it was no contest after the send-off, I have seen one statistic saying we had 77% possession, and it was like a cat playing with a mouse, despite several of our bigger names not having their best games IMO. I thought Tilio and Good deserved the votes this week. We're going to miss Marco if he leaves. 

Edited by jw1739