Melbourne Football

Saturday 15th April vs CCM. 5:00pm KO

kingofhearts

Disappointing to not hold on and wrap up the league, but realistically we've done enough now to practically seal the league and make history with our third consecutive Premiers Plate. I rate that higher now than winning the grand final given the deal to host it in Sydney and we're still as good a chance as anyone to win that too.

I know, it's frustrating to inch our way to the league title yet again when to my thinking we're the best team in the league comfortably, even with the current injuries. But it's hard to argue with three straight Premierships, that takes us into the discussion of the best teams in the history of the league. And in terms of silverware, makes us a much more successful club than Victory since we've been in the league.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, SF33 said:

Disappointing to not hold on and wrap up the league, but realistically we've done enough now to practically seal the league and make history with our third consecutive Premiers Plate. I rate that higher now than winning the grand final given the deal to host it in Sydney and we're still as good a chance as anyone to win that too.

I know, it's frustrating to inch our way to the league title yet again when to my thinking we're the best team in the league comfortably, even with the current injuries. But it's hard to argue with three straight Premierships, that takes us into the discussion of the best teams in the history of the league. And in terms of silverware, makes us a much more successful club than Victory since we've been in the league.

In the past two seasons we won the league on 49 points. I reckon 49 points will be enough again.

• Like 4

I'm late to this thread, having only arrived home in time to have watched the second half. This was an excellent game for the neutral, the only surprise was that there were only two goals scored during the match.

Positives:

In retrospect, 1 point was enough to win the Premier's Plate.

I thought that we defended well even if we gave CCM too many scoring chances, and Glover was one of our better players on the day; we were well-structured and covered most of the passing lanes, controlled the space around the box well.

We performed well without Leckie or vdV

Negatives:

We won the Premier's Plate as result of Adelaide losing, rather than at the conclusion of the game, with us winning

• Like 1