Melbourne Football

Saturday 15th April vs CCM. 5:00pm KO

kingofhearts

8 minutes ago, haz said:

I'm feeling negative. We've played pretty poorly (other than tonight). 

Away from home and if Jamo is back in the midfield I fear a 2-1 loss. 

There needs to be a serious discussion had with Jamo at the end of the season.

He's been a bit of a whipping boy on here at times, but overall he's been a good servant for the time that he's been at the club. However,it's clear he's just not up to a league standard anymore. Even if he was playing in his preferred position,  he's just a yard or two too slow now.

1 hour ago, kingofhearts said:

There needs to be a serious discussion had with Jamo at the end of the season.

He's been a bit of a whipping boy on here at times, but overall he's been a good servant for the time that he's been at the club. However,it's clear he's just not up to a league standard anymore. Even if he was playing in his preferred position,  he's just a yard or two too slow now.

Jamo has served City with distinction IMO, and he is our all-time leading appearance maker. His contract is up at the end of this season, and hopefully he can stay on with the club in a non-playing role.

I think we need to look carefully at our defensive stocks at the end of the season. Today was another day in which I felt we're lacking in pace with our centre backs, and the match might well have gone differently if Wellington had put away that early chance that they had.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Jamo has served City with distinction IMO, and he is our all-time leading appearance maker. His contract is up at the end of this season, and hopefully he can stay on with the club in a non-playing role.

I think we need to look carefully at our defensive stocks at the end of the season. Today was another day in which I felt we're lacking in pace with our centre backs, and the match might well have gone differently if Wellington had put away that early chance that they had.

I also don't like how easily Wellington played through our midfield. I'm glad we tightened this up in the second half. 

• Like 1

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that

If we win, we win the premiership regardless of Adelaide's result this round. 

If we draw, Adelaide need to draw or lose against Western for us to be Premiers. 

If we lose, Adelaide need to draw* or lose against Western for us to be Premiers. 

*assuming Adelaide don't improve their GD by 15+ in the last two games. 

Edited by haz

1 hour ago, haz said:

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that

If we win, we win the premiership regardless of Adelaide's result this round. 

If we draw, Adelaide need to draw or lose against Western for us to be Premiers. 

If we lose, Adelaide need to draw* or lose against Western for us to be Premiers. 

*assuming Adelaide don't improve their GD by 15+ in the last two games. 

Dw about any of this because we winning today yeeeeeewwwwwwww.

3-0 win

1 minute ago, mattyh001 said:

as a side question, anyone else watching the women's semi? was up 1-0, went down 1-3 with 20ish to play, just went 3-3 in the 97th min !!!!

Just switched across thinking that the girls were going to lose 2-3

2 minutes ago, haz said:

Just switched across thinking that the girls were going to lose 2-3

yeah, thought the same that we had screwed the pooch.  only left it on since it was due to finish before the men's game.  fmd!!!

Edited by mattyh001

5 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

I don't understand the role Tilio is meant to be doing within the team game plan.

thought from what i saw the pitch looked very wet.  have been switching between games though.  so maybe Tilio hasnt been confident to play his normal game.

doesnt look great for Curtis Good

22 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

I don't understand the role Tilio is meant to be doing within the team game plan.

15 minutes ago, mattyh001 said:

thought from what i saw the pitch looked very wet.  have been switching between games though.  so maybe Tilio hasnt been confident to play his normal game.

doesnt look great for Curtis Good

more and more i watch of the second half, the more i think this is a pre finals battle out.  maybe we have set up to play more defensively this game to see what happens.

edit: fucking Jordy BOS!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) 

Edited by mattyh001