Melbourne Football

Melbourne City vs Newcastle 2nd April 2023 AAMI Park 3.00 p.m.

citypool

28 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Doesn't the grand Prix start at the same time lol

Apparently so.

And so Metro decide that buses will replace trains between South Yarra and Moorabbin (Frankston line) this same weekend.

Congratulations to all the highly-paid suits who make these decisions. Well done chaps!

• Haha 3

• jw1739 changed the title to Melbourne City vs Newcastle 2nd April 2023 AAMI Park 3.00 p.m.
7 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Apparently so.

And so Metro decide that buses will replace trains between South Yarra and Moorabbin (Frankston line) this same weekend.

Congratulations to all the highly-paid suits who make these decisions. Well done chaps!

I can now see why the Sydney fans call Melbourne the "Tards" really is a city run by way too many mentally handicapped folks... 

15 hours ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Makes the league appear very unprofessional! 

Not only the League. The GP is one of the big "show piece" events of the Victorian sporting calendar, and yet Metro blunders on with train services replaced by buses. No wonder the economy is in tatters. Half the people at the top are brain dead. Doesn't matter what level of government or public instrument we are talking about.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jw1739 said:

Not only the League. The GP is one of the big "show piece" events of the Victorian sporting calendar, and yet Metro blunders on with train services replaced by buses. No wonder the economy is in tatters. Half the people at the top are brain dead. Doesn't matter what level of government or public instrument we are talking about.

Yep complete circus the governance of the state! 

BTW where do we find the ins/outs for the game tomorrow? 

52 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I was only half joking about me causing the delay. I am involved in infrastructure development and what is happening now should have happened about 8 months ago BUT environmentalist got involved, public campaign, the works. Hence, everyone is trying to make up for lost time. But we do try and plan around events.

And FWIW, several years ago i had to stop trains in Adelaide during the international Test Match. I was popular then!

5 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

I was only half joking about me causing the delay. I am involved in infrastructure development and what is happening now should have happened about 8 months ago BUT environmentalist got involved, public campaign, the works. Hence, everyone is trying to make up for lost time. But we do try and plan around events.

And FWIW, several years ago i had to stop trains in Adelaide during the international Test Match. I was popular then!

I'd be convinced if every time I went past the project I could see work going on at the site. But I don't. The site is deserted.

55 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I'd be convinced if every time I went past the project I could see work going on at the site. But I don't. The site is deserted.

If you are talking rail then the site could be at the control centre and not by the rail tracks. Updates at the control centre require to stop trains for safety reasons. WHen I stopped the trains in Adelaide, the whole of Adelaide, was precisely for that reason. I was upgrading the control centre.

29 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

If you are talking rail then the site could be at the control centre and not by the rail tracks. Updates at the control centre require to stop trains for safety reasons. WHen I stopped the trains in Adelaide, the whole of Adelaide, was precisely for that reason. I was upgrading the control centre.

That's fine. The project I am talking about is the Glenhuntly level crossing removal. But it comes back to communication (no pun intended) - let the travelling public know the reason(s) in detail so they can understand. As it is, you rock up at the station to find that there are no trains running - that's assuming the sign at the station is still there and readable after a night of rain. And you can't check the day before because the web-site is not updated.

And don't get me started about Kingston Council.

1 hour ago, Tommykins said:

No VdV will hurt again today, but hopefully we can put a more compotent midfield together than we have the last few weeks. 

Rado is trying to stop the goal leaking with Jamo in midfield but it just hurts you in creativity.

• Like 2

Here we go again with the random position selections. Reis is at RB again, replacing Talbot who had his best game for club last week. Our back 4 has looked strongest with Talbot, Lam, Good, Bos but again we tinker with it for no apparent reason 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1