Melbourne Football

Macarthur Away Sunday 19th March 7.00 p.m.

heart1011

Just now, kingofhearts said:

We can never have a season where we just win the league outright easily can we?

Always has to be more difficult then it needs to be

Yep..

This was exactly like that game against the Wanderers..

Could have had the plate wrapped up by now but no.. Adelaide are getting closer and closer..

• Sad 1

The goal conceded was because Reis is too slow to get back. I like Reis calmness, leadership and skills but sadly he is getting slower. As I mentioned earlier there was no attacker on the bench. Rado has said that both JMac and Nabbout are carrying injuries so I expected to see Rafa on the bench - I definitely expect to see him there next week. Tilio had a poor game and Bos at times seems to be believing his own hype. And Rado? Well he has to be smarter in setting up the defensive lines.

5 minutes ago, heart1011 said:

Could have had the plate wrapped up by now but no.. Adelaide are getting closer and closer..

It's always the case of dropping points in games we should be winning. I'm hoping it won't cost us the plate. But Adelaide are taking max points lately and we're losing points to them in the last few weeks... 

It's making for a stressful finish to the season 

I think we have to remember that we had two penalty calls overruled by the VAR, and on the bench just two senior players in Galloway and Hall (the letter with little experience). It didn't really leave Rado many options in terms of substitutions, but that said, he seems to be persisting with the PK approach of not giving the youngsters any chance.

Statistics don't win matches. They are useful only for analysis. and if it isn't obvious to Rado then even Blind Freddie can see that for weeks now the majority of our possession has been sterile, much of it passing the ball backwards because our players are so static. Our conversion rate of goal-scoring opportunities is awful, and much of the time we don't even attempt a shot. Further, our defence just leaks like a colander.

I said some time ago that if we didn't end up Premiers it would be because we lost it rather than anyone else won it.

However, we now have two weeks to get some players back on the park. FMD I can't help thinking sometimes that these footballers are mollycoddled.

A point is better than nothing. Move on and let's hope that the club can get itself into gear for the remaining matches.

• Like 2

The most frustrating part at the moment is what I see square pegs into round holes lineups were going with. The system we have works, that's undeniable but at the moment we are trying people in unfamiliar roles and positions. The main example is Jamo as a 6, he hasn't done anything really wrong there but to get him there we have moved 3 players out of where they were most effective 12 weeks ago. 

If next game we still have the same injury problems and have roughly the same squad, it makes much more sense to me to play Jamo at LB, ONeill and Berisha in midfield with Tilio ahead of them and Bos on the wing which he has played many times during games this season. That system has 1 player in an unfamiliar role, not half the bloody team which is what I feel happens some games especially when subs are made.

• Like 3