Melbourne Football

Sunday 12th March vs ROAR, 3:00pm KO

kingofhearts

Wrt to Patrick Hogan...just for your information...I'm trying to keep the Youth Squad updated as team sheets are issued. You'll find the list in the Youth Teams sub-forum.

This may assist you in working out who is who on the seniors' bench.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Wrt to Patrick Hogan...just for your information...I'm trying to keep the Youth Squad updated as team sheets are issued. You'll find the list in the Youth Teams sub-forum.

This may assist you in working out who is who on the seniors' bench.

Always excited to see the graduates from the youth team. There is enormous talent there. I remind myself that barely a year ago Jordy Bos was just a kid from the youth squad we barely knew anything about. The next Bos, the next Tilio, the next Atkinson, is already there. We just don't know them yet.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Always excited to see the graduates from the youth team. There is enormous talent there. I remind myself that barely a year ago Jordy Bos was just a kid from the youth squad we barely knew anything about. The next Bos, the next Tilio, the next Atkinson, is already there. We just don't know them yet.

Tilio was an import of course, but your point is well made. And our injury situation at the moment shows how desperately we need to give the starlets match time at the senior level. I still say that we need to introduce, say, a League Cup competition played throughout the season so that we have more matches in which some of the up-and-coming players can participate. No doubt FA and APL will cry poverty and say it can't be done but IMO we're missing out on a lot of good football with the minimalist approach that we have at present.

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Tilio was an import of course, but your point is well made. And our injury situation at the moment shows how desperately we need to give the starlets match time at the senior level. I still say that we need to introduce, say, a League Cup competition played throughout the season so that we have more matches in which some of the up-and-coming players can participate. No doubt FA and APL will cry poverty and say it can't be done but IMO we're missing out on a lot of good football with the minimalist approach that we have at present.

Don't mind the NPL competition, and I'm pleased thr club have done more this season to make that competition more visible. Well worth all of us taking time to get to a few NPL matches to support the kids during the off season. It's always been worth it in my experience.

I thought it was a pretty decent game to watch tactically ... Brisbane played very well to their game plan of ultra defence.  We were a little less risk taking with our attacks, but still created chances.

Jamo was really good as our second holding mid ... having two holding mids seems to combat the press on throw ins.  

Brisbane were hard to break down, and really, if we had got our second goal earlier (and made it 2-0) the game would have been over a lot sooner.  

O'Neil was absolutely immense.  Best game I've seen him play.

Rado said after the match that JMac has a broken toe.  He is only training once a week and is playing with injections. In all seriousness, he needs a spell to get the toe right.  He definitely shouldn't have taken the penalty, there was no power in his shot and he looks pretty cooked. I agree, play Nabbout upfront ... or Raphael.  We need more striker depth ..

3 hours ago, Torn Asunder said:

I thought it was a pretty decent game to watch tactically ... Brisbane played very well to their game plan of ultra defence.  We were a little less risk taking with our attacks, but still created chances.

Jamo was really good as our second holding mid ... having two holding mids seems to combat the press on throw ins.  

Brisbane were hard to break down, and really, if we had got our second goal earlier (and made it 2-0) the game would have been over a lot sooner.  

O'Neil was absolutely immense.  Best game I've seen him play.

Rado said after the match that JMac has a broken toe.  He is only training once a week and is playing with injections. In all seriousness, he needs a spell to get the toe right.  He definitely shouldn't have taken the penalty, there was no power in his shot and he looks pretty cooked. I agree, play Nabbout upfront ... or Raphael.  We need more striker depth ..

Our best youth striking prospect is also injured for months...