Melbourne Football

City vs Sydney, Sat 25th Feb, 5pm

fensaddler

11 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

One emerging issue for this one already, the weather. Peak of 36 or 37 currently forecast, and with a late afternoon kick off, it's going to be stinking hot. I don't relish it, and I doubt the players will. APL have no record of responding by altering times, so I guess we're going to be stuck with it.

They did move the MacArthur vs Newcastle game back yesterday, so hopefully it goes back until at least 6

19 minutes ago, neio said:

They did move the MacArthur vs Newcastle game back yesterday, so hopefully it goes back until at least 6

Unfortunately that was the storm protocol for risk of lightning strikes I think. Not sure we're as careful with mere heat exhaustion... But I hope you're right and sense prevails...

34 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

One emerging issue for this one already, the weather. Peak of 36 or 37 currently forecast, and with a late afternoon kick off, it's going to be stinking hot. I don't relish it, and I doubt the players will. APL have no record of responding by altering times, so I guess we're going to be stuck with it.

My weather app tells me 29, but I see that the BoM says 36.Ā  Was intending to go, but will keep under review. No fun travelling to the ground when it's baking hot like that. OK where we sit high up at the Southern End, but not pleasant for anyone on the Eastern Wing.Ā 

But player safety must take precedence over all other considerations. Just stupid if you ask me. Hottest time of the year. Should be evening kick-off.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-02-04/a-leagues-revise-heat-policy-womens-game-goes-ahead-extreme/101905740#:~:text=Under the APL's rules%2C if,whether to postpone the match.

Ā 

1 hour ago, fensaddler said:

Unfortunately that was the storm protocol for risk of lightning strikes I think. Not sure we're as careful with mere heat exhaustion... But I hope you're right and sense prevails...

Nah it was heat related, the game was scheduled for 5pm. They moved it on FridayĀ 

Screenshot_2023-02-19-17-10-51-94_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

Edited by neio

10 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Is this an "official move" approved by the club?

Last time they moved there they were decidedly offensive and people with seats nearby moved away.

Looks like City Terrace have folded, and existing members who don't want to be apart of the new terrace are trying to move to Bay 12.Ā 

I'm not involved with active though so might be something completely different.Ā 

Don't know why it's so difficult for people just to turn up, have a drink, and sing for the boys/girls.Ā 

2 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

Did anyone else get a text from jmac to come to this?

Only thing we've had today is the usualĀ pre-match email. There's a link to a niceĀ write-up on VDV, and IMO there's no question that he's proved an astute signing and has silenced the early criticisms.

25 minutes ago, heart1011 said:

Leckie out with a hamstring.. GREAT... šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

Hopefully it isn't anything serious!

It's long term according to Joey Lynch on Twitter. That sounds like gone for the rest of the season, or most of it, to me. Our best player.

And thank you V Line. Can't make it because bus replacements have made it a 4+ hour round trip for me. Probably nearer 6 door to door.

• Sad 3

9 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

It's long term according to Joey Lynch on Twitter. That sounds like gone for the rest of the season, or most of it, to me. Our best player.

And thank you V Line. Can't make it because bus replacements have made it a 4+ hour round trip for me. Probably nearer 6 door to door.

What a blow!

10 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

nd thank you V Line. Can't make it because bus replacements have made it a 4+ hour round trip for me. Probably nearer 6 door to door.

Yep ended up driving in for the first time to a game. Thanks Vline.Ā 

Just now, MHFC-FAN said:

Hopefully 6 weeks tops. We can't afford much longer! šŸ˜”

I canā€™t imagine our attack without him TBH, very concerning and his team mates upfront arenā€™t in the best form either in terms of field play.Ā Iā€™m expecting that we are going to drop a fair few points, perhaps stumble over the finish line with plate in our usual style.Ā 

So our attack is Berenguer, JMAC and Tilio? Nabbout didnā€™t get a look?

Or Talbot, Lam, ONeill and Reis at the back. VDV, Berisha Berenguer in Midfield and then Bos, JMAC with Tilio.