40: Luca Tasevski
45: Harrison Shillington
90: William Sparrow (GK)

Edited by jw1739

• jw1739 pinned this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
12 hours ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Apparently Mehmet Durakovic is touted to be a bit of a talent. Luke Oresti has played a couple games but not sure outside of those 2

Emin Durakovic, Luke Oresti, and Max Caputo are the three Scholarship lads coming through if we can hang on to them. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, citypool said:

Does anyone follow the npl team in the a league off season? 

@citypoolI don't I'm afraid. For some reason I find it difficult to find when and where the matches are on. I think we seem to play most of our "home" matches at Parade College, wherever that is. I think @fensaddler sent me a link at one time where I could find all the NPL results and tables etc. The club website carries reports and videos? I started out trying to list squad members but haven't been diligent enough to keep it up to scratch so apologies for that.

There's talk of resurrecting the National Youth League, which ran concurrently with the A-League. Over-age players could play in that so it was a good way back to match fitness for any injured seniors. I used to watch the NYL quite often in the Heart days.

TBH I don't think that I have enough interest in the club anymore to bother with the youth teams or particularly the women. I'll probably get called misogynistic, or worse, for the latter. The women's team was really something when we had Fishlock, Little, Beattie and De Vanna playing, but not now.

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

@citypoolI don't I'm afraid. For some reason I find it difficult to find when and where the matches are on. I think we seem to play most of our "home" matches at Parade College, wherever that is. I think @fensaddler sent me a link at one time where I could find all the NPL results and tables etc. The club website carries reports and videos? I started out trying to list squad members but haven't been diligent enough to keep it up to scratch so apologies for that.

There's talk of resurrecting the National Youth League, which ran concurrently with the A-League. Over-age players could play in that so it was a good way back to match fitness for any injured seniors. I used to watch the NYL quite often in the Heart days.

TBH I don't think that I have enough interest in the club anymore to bother with the youth teams or particularly the women. I'll probably get called misogynistic, or worse, for the latter. The women's team was really something when we had Fishlock, Little, Beattie and De Vanna playing, but not now.

I'm surprised the club doesn't promote the npl side more I'd be keen to check out a match 

13 hours ago, citypool said:

Does anyone follow the npl team in the a league off season? 

I try to. The club has done better this year in terms of news, but I'd hugely value a fixture list as I'd like to make the odd game now the ALM season is done. I did have a link once upon a time to a useful site, which I'm sure someone else on here shared, but I'm not sure I could find it again...

8 minutes ago, citypool said:

I'm surprised the club doesn't promote the npl side more I'd be keen to check out a match 

@citypool Yes. I think that you have a good point there. If you go to the club home page and click "Ladders" there is no option to select the NPL. Nor is there anything under "Fixtures."

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

I try to. The club has done better this year in terms of news, but I'd hugely value a fixture list as I'd like to make the odd game now the ALM season is done. I did have a link once upon a time to a useful site, which I'm sure someone else on here shared, but I'm not sure I could find it again...

@fensaddler @citypool This will take you to the fixtures round-by-round https://websites.mygameday.app/comp_info.cgi?c=0-10178-0-617976-0&a=FIXTURE

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So with 4 games to go we're vaguely in with a shot of coming 2nd or 3rd in NPL2 - our next three games are against teams below us on the ladder and our final game is against Kingston whose been the best team of the comp, if we win all four I think we'd finish top 3, with only the top two being promoted. Fingers crossed!