Melbourne Football

"Away" Derby, City vs Victory, 18th February 2023, AAMI Park, 7.45 p.m.

jw1739

1 hour ago, fensaddler said:

Personally not highly motivated to share space with Victory supporters. I was verbally abused in the street before the first away derby, and I'm not keen to put money into Victory's coffers.

I won't go either. Just strikes me as odd that there's nothing about it on the City website. These matches were once the talk of the town.

Edited by jw1739

14 hours ago, moops said:

On channel 10's preview show they mentioned the game would start 0-1, a kind of carry over, whether it's true or not is another thing.

I don't think that this is the case at all. The last I read on this subject was that the match will be continued "in April." My guess is that it will be the final match of the season, and it wouldn't surprise me that if nothing hangs on the result then it won't take place at all. As I expected, the whole sorry episode has receded into the background, and there has been no further information on sanctions applied to individuals or any further actions being taken by MV (or any other club) on control of their "fans." The "blackest day in Australian football" has disappeared into a black hole.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I don't think that this is the case at all. The last I read on this subject was that the match will be continued "in April." My guess is that it will be the final match of the season, and it wouldn't surprise me that if nothing hangs on the result then it won't take place at all. As I expected, the whole sorry episode has receded into the background, and there has been no further information on sanctions applied to individuals or any further actions being taken by MV (or any other club) on control of their "fans." The "blackest day in Australian football" has disappeared into a black hole.

This is of course, part 2 of our home derby, whereas this weekend is an away derby. They are, as you say, two completely separate events. Fwiw I reckon part 2 will go ahead, though by then will likely be a dead rubber except for bragging rights.

I know it's a derby and the old anything can happen etc. But I think we could absolutely belt them. They are really really average.

Start fast and out one on the board early, their fairweather fans will start to leave and we put them to the sword and completely put an end to their faint finals chances

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Le Hack said:

Curtis Good back, so will he partner Lam or Reis? Or will Reis go back to RB or will they give it back to Talbot? I'd prefer to see Talbot Lam Good Bos but I can see the attraction in letting Bos off the leash and Reis playing more defensive 

I think Rado is rotating the back four, he probably see's them as similar level, it's all I have for why he is chopping and changing.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, moops said:

I think Rado is rotating the back four, he probably see's them as similar level, it's all I have for why he is chopping and changing.

In a squad of considerable strength, our back four is, comparatively, our weakest link. This is of course relative, only Western Sydney have conceded fewer goals this season. But nevertheless, for a team which is streets ahead of the opposition (enjoy it, even the best don't last forever) we've conceded some howlers. So I suspect he's trying out some different combinations, as well as resting players in the midst of the season.

Laughable coverage from ''reporters'' logging in to FB.

I cannot be arsed attending, frankly.  Despite loving what our team are doing this season.

Don't want to pay MVFC

10yrs Active member, but don't want to stand in a far corner of our ground with a bunch of kids who think it is cool to hurl flares.

Disgusted that OSM are still firing up same old same old ........despite big words from their club after the December disgrace

Appalled at the ''yes sir, thank you sir'' statement of humiliation from the City Terrace kids after their ''meeting'' with the APL

Not too impressed with the Financial Fair Play shenanigans at Manchester City FC, who I have zero regard for and even less interest in.

See you in front of the TV. Maybe.

17 minutes ago, CityWildcat said:

Laughable coverage from ''reporters'' logging in to FB.

I cannot be arsed attending, frankly.  Despite loving what our team are doing this season.

Don't want to pay MVFC

10yrs Active member, but don't want to stand in a far corner of our ground with a bunch of kids who think it is cool to hurl flares.

Disgusted that OSM are still firing up same old same old ........despite big words from their club after the December disgrace

Appalled at the ''yes sir, thank you sir'' statement of humiliation from the City Terrace kids after their ''meeting'' with the APL

Not too impressed with the Financial Fair Play shenanigans at Manchester City FC, who I have zero regard for and even less interest in.

See you in front of the TV. Maybe.

This is why we have poor crowds. Our fans are soo fickle and willing to turn their backs when the wind changes direction... 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

This is why we have poor crowds. Our fans are soo fickle and willing to turn their backs when the wind changes direction... 

I'm still going tonight, but a dickhead lit a flare right next to my head and I was seeing spots for a week - we're going to be down about half of the people we normally go with because of this and I don't blame them one bit.

IMO the present cloud of malaise hanging over the A-League has its root cause back in December. Instead of building on the national team's best-ever World Cup performance, APL managed to strike at one of the fundamental basics of the game here and sell the hosting of the Grand Final to Sydney, and for a relative pittance at that. What followed at the Derby was unacceptable, but IMO again the response from the administrators was inadequate, as IMO it was from the two clubs as well. What actually has been put in place to ensure that it does not happen again?

I have never been to an "away" Derby, so I cannot say that I am deterred from going tonight by present circumstances. But I fully understand why some people, indeed many people, would make the decision to stay away.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tommykins said:

I'm still going tonight, but a dickhead lit a flare right next to my head and I was seeing spots for a week - we're going to be down about half of the people we normally go with because of this and I don't blame them one bit.

Don't think any of my crowd are going. The fine friend who dragged me to my first away derby earlier this season has cashed in his membership (this a bloke who travelled away and edited a fanzine) and the events in December have put all the others offside to some degree or another. I was troubled by the adolescent wannabe hoolies up our corner in that first away derby and I don't want to share space or air with them again.

16 minutes ago, moops said:

Frenchie is taking his place.

What's Rado trying to do? Be the "Down-under Pep?"

5 minutes ago, rass said:

Ticketek servers down.

Don't know why we bother with Ticketek. Clubs should sell their own tickets for home matches.
image.png.6dfbba55827d0748bcd91a650be755f2.png

Edited by jw1739

6 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

What's Rado trying to do? Be the "Down-under Pep?"

Don't know why we bother with Ticketek. Clubs should sell their own tickets for home matches.
image.png.6dfbba55827d0748bcd91a650be755f2.png

Agree but we are merely tenants to AAMI Park.  I can only assume they have a partnership with each other (the stadium and ticketek) across the board with all their events and thus we are merely along for the ride.  

Edited by n i k o