Melbourne Football

City vs Perth 10.30pm 11/2

neio

Good teams win those games and we got the job done despite being down to 10 men all night ( I hardly sighted J Mac) + a typical egregious Glover error and one luckily not given against him as well. Mixed bag of a game but we move on. Overall well done lads!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, n i k o said:

The woman that was commentating barely said a word but when she did it was some monotonous tone. Only got mildly excited when Perth scored their second goal. 

The main issue was they clearly weren't at the match especially the delay to the sideline clowns as Teo is usually quite good no idea who the woman was 

My favourite bits of commentary last night

- when they tried telling us the flight from Melbourne was 8.5 hours

- Kenny Lowe drunkenly telling us that Perth were dominating the game with 10 men about 3 minutes after they had the red card 

- but my favourite for the night by far, when they said Leckie wasn't contributing much to the win. He had a goal, an assist and won the penalty

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

50 minutes ago, neio said:

My favourite bits of commentary last night

- when they tried telling us the flight from Melbourne was 8.5 hours

- Kenny Lowe drunkenly telling us that Perth were dominating the game with 10 men about 3 minutes after they had the red card 

- but my favourite for the night by far, when they said Leckie wasn't contributing much to the win. He had a goal, an assist and won the penalty

This is so A League 😂

• Haha 1

Just finish  watching the game. Jamo was not as bad as some comments here make it out to be, Glover did have brain fade and the players drifted in and out of the game.

But what struck me was that if Bos departs (as expected) then Jamo is the obvious place holder but he is slowing down. If Berenguer departs (as many here are saying) then I can't see any anyone in the roster that can step up to replace him. Berisha is a serviceable work horse that does a lot of running and puts the body on the line. Gomulka would have been OK in that role but no more. Seasons end should be interesting.

1 hour ago, NewConvert said:

Just finish  watching the game. Jamo was not as bad as some comments here make it out to be, Glover did have brain fade and the players drifted in and out of the game.

But what struck me was that if Bos departs (as expected) then Jamo is the obvious place holder but he is slowing down. If Berenguer departs (as many here are saying) then I can't see any anyone in the roster that can step up to replace him. Berisha is a serviceable work horse that does a lot of running and puts the body on the line. Gomulka would have been OK in that role but no more. Seasons end should be interesting.

I think you should watch again with more focus on Jamo. On the ball fine, he’s too short that in combination with being slow and bad positioning caused a goal and several of the scrambles. He doesn’t intercept or read it as a CB. If you are looking for a obvious mistake than you are right but there is a bit more to it than that IMO.

Very unlikely that that the 2-2 would have been headed in like that with a big CB.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

I think you should watch again with more focus on Jamo. On the ball fine, he’s too short that in combination with being slow and bad positioning caused a goal and several of the scrambles. He doesn’t intercept or read it as a CB. If you are looking for a obvious mistake than you are right but there is a bit more to it than that IMO.

Very unlikely that that the 2-2 would have been headed in like that with a big CB.

Yes you are right on that score. He is not a natural CB although he did save a goal from one of those scrambles. I certainly would have started Talbot, Lam, Reis and Jos at the back. Talbot and Jos would have provided run and forward drive whilst Reis and Lam would have been able to intercept and use their height to advantage.

I am left wondering whether Rado was doing some experimentation for season's end planning...

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

Yes you are right on that score. He is not a natural CB although he did save a goal from one of those scrambles. I certainly would have started Talbot, Lam, Reis and Jos at the back. Talbot and Jos would have provided run and forward drive whilst Reis and Lam would have been able to intercept and use their height to advantage.

I am left wondering whether Rado was doing some experimentation for season's end planning...

I’ve posted this before but I honestly think he just rewarded Reis and Nabbout a start as they did quite well against MacArthur.

He’s mentioned the challenge of keeping them all happy and looking at  rotations. Saying that Reis could have played CB but he wanted to Jamo some game time too.

4 hours ago, Mr MO said:

Don't forget his silly foul that led to their goal. 

• Like 1