Melbourne Football

City Kit

mcsoccer225

5 minutes ago, CaNNaVo93 said:

Can't please everyone :) Plus I doubt it'll be used but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

i don't know, I could probably get used to it but it looks just a tad silly to me.

6 hours ago, haz said:

Instead of the navy blue, make it heart red 

images.jpg

kitidea.png

2 hours ago, NewConvert said:

That really screws my vision... No way...

Edited by jeffplz
  • Like 6

Not sure if it's been posted, but these are Nike's 2016/2017 kit templates. They're looking a lot like Adidas' kits. Not bad. 

http://www.footyheadlines.com/2015/10/nike-2016-17-teamwear-kits.html

I think we'll see something like this template for the home shirt. 

and this for the away (obviously no the colours)

this actually would probably be more realistic for the home shirt.

Screen Shot 2016-01-12 at 8.35.28 pm.png

Edited by possiblygeorge

3 minutes ago, possiblygeorge said:

Not sure if it's been posted, but these are Nike's 2016/2017 kit templates. They're looking a lot like Adidas' kits. Not bad. 

http://www.footyheadlines.com/2015/10/nike-2016-17-teamwear-kits.html

I think we'll see something like this template for the home shirt. 

and this for the away (obviously no the colours)

this actually would probably be more realistic for the home shirt.

Screen Shot 2016-01-12 at 8.35.28 pm.png

We get to have custom templates now since this is our second shirt so I hope that they do something unique

• Like 1

Many of these mainly white proposals look OK...until the A-League logo and all the bloody sponsors ads get plastered over the jersey. Then they look like something produced in a kindergarten art class. The advantage a coloured jersey has is that the colour moderates all the crap plastered all over it, and tricks the brain into seeing the jersey rather than the ads.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, jeffplz said:

what are you using or tried doing?

Nothing that involves a computer, just the phone which I will admit is a bit half arsed. Just mucking around with blue red and white, wanted to see the crystal Palace away top with the red and city blue stripes but with thicker lines going down the middle and possibly a white stripes between them.

Edited by HeartOfCity

5 minutes ago, HeartOfCity said:

Nothing that involves a computer, just the phone which I will admit is a bit half arsed. Just mucking around with blue red and white, wanted to see the crystal Palace top with the red and city blue stripes but with thicker lines going down the middle and possibly a white stripes between them.

yeah you wont get much out of that hey, I use photoshop with layers, color luminosity, cropping, clone stamping, etc.

17 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Many of these mainly white proposals look OK...until the A-League logo and all the bloody sponsors ads get plastered over the jersey. Then they look like something produced in a kindergarten art class. The advantage a coloured jersey has is that the colour moderates all the crap plastered all over it, and tricks the brain into seeing the jersey rather than the ads.

exactly my thoughts.

I really like the Calcio Catania style kits like what Rasputin has posted but I'm realistic in that I know we'll never get anything of the sort.

All I want to see is something unique to us in the context of the CFG, that also isn't a plain white shirt.Whether that be a sash, sky blue stripes or whatever else I don't care. Just pick something that we can call our own and stick to it.

If we wore Manchester City clone kits I'd find it very hard to stick around.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, morphine said:

Please keep in mind that it's mandated to be 80% white, so anything that's falls outside of this is simply wasting time. I feel bad when people get excited about these designs (yours does look great btw @Rasputin) because it's never going to happen. Nay - it cannot happen. 

Is it no blue at all or just no sky blue at all? Otherwise i think we might see the return of the sash. OR we'll se an inverse of the away kit. 

4 hours ago, morphine said:

Please keep in mind that it's mandated to be 80% white, so anything that's falls outside of this is simply wasting time. I feel bad when people get excited about these designs (yours does look great btw @Rasputin) because it's never going to happen. Nay - it cannot happen. 

What a load of shit Morphine. This isn't a ruling from the High Court we're talking about, it's some rule the FFA made up on the spot because Sydney already wear sky blue. I'd almost guarantee that the kits Rasputin posted above would be instantly accepted if submitted.

The only reason it won't happen is that CFG have clearly demonstrated that the path they want to go down is white kits until they convince the FFA to renege on their pathetic little rule.

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

What a load of shit Morphine. This isn't a ruling from the High Court we're talking about, it's some rule the FFA made up on the spot because Sydney already wear sky blue. I'd almost guarantee that the kits Rasputin posted above would be instantly accepted if submitted.

The only reason it won't happen is that CFG have clearly demonstrated that the path they want to go down is white kits until they convince the FFA to renege on their pathetic little rule.

No it's a ruling from the FFA, as you say. 

Whilst I agree it's all a game of give and take, the colours are the big issue. Personally I don't think CFG will push on this one until they are basically running the show. They definitely aren't running the show currently, and I personally believe they'll need to wait until the FFA need something more from them to call this one in. 

Until anything changes though, it IS a rule from the FFA, and since we play in their competition, we have to abide by it. Whether CFG are happy to currently peddle white is neither here nor there, just as whether CFG ultimately want sky blue. It's just subjective. 

4 hours ago, possiblygeorge said:

Is it no blue at all or just no sky blue at all? Otherwise i think we might see the return of the sash. OR we'll se an inverse of the away kit. 

Nothing to do with blue I don't believe. That part's up to us. It's just that it has to be 80% white. 

As an addendum @Jimmy, I'm not 1000% sure they'd push a new design (next season) if they weren't going to go in that direction medium-long term. But could easily be wrong.