Melbourne Football

21st January vs Roar 7:45 KO

kingofhearts

I am hoping that's our 'poor game' for the season out of the system. It has to happen eventually and 2 away games in tropical environments will take it's toll. 

Will take points from away games any day of the week and we're outright first and 5 points clear of the Mariners... 8 points clear of third and fourth 

My take:

- credit to Brisbane, they knew if they tried to outplay us they would cop it raw, so they focused on defending and did so really well.

- overall we played alright, but damn we need to make sure we finish if we get even the slightest sniff on goal. We are great at getting the ball from defence to attack (frighteningly quickly sometimes), but we seem to over think when we're on the attack. We take one too many passes and/or wait wait for the perfect opening. Just pull the trigger! 

- The last two games have shown that if they park the bus, we won't score. I imagine we are going to be seeing  lot more of that for the rest of the season. We need to work on more attacking options.

-I was very drunk so I my perspective may not be the most accurate.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

My take:

- credit to Brisbane, they knew if they tried to outplay us they would cop it raw, so they focused on defending and did so really well.

- overall we played alright, but damn we need to make sure we finish if we get even the slightest sniff on goal. We are great at getting the ball from defence to attack (frighteningly quickly sometimes), but we seem to over think when we're on the attack. We take one too many passes and/or wait wait for the perfect opening. Just pull the trigger! 

- The last two games have shown that if they park the bus, we won't score. I imagine we are going to be seeing  lot more of that for the rest of the season. We need to work on more attacking options.

-I was very drunk so I my perspective may not be the most accurate.

In vino veritas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, fensaddler said:

Can't see where to post about this, so putting here. Anyone else having more and more difficulty getting Paramount to play the current match. Every time I go in I get the round one match for either the men or the dub. Increasingly difficult to get this to stop and get into the current match. Paramount really is shit.

Same here Fensaddler, i drives me to distraction it happens everytime i log in to paramount to watch a live game total crap .

Rado reverted to PK-Style substitutions last night. Nabbout is just about the most wasteful player in the squad, and Berenguer is pedestrian to say the least. I don't think either are the right kind of player to be an impact substitution. That's if we wanted to go all out for the win of course.

I'm not sure if I agree with some of the comments here and on other platforms about Roar only parking the bus. Roar created am uncomfortable amount of chances against us. WSW parked it, Roar just played a good game and matched us at times. We just had a little more meaningless posession in the middle of the park.

• Like 1

I do agree with most of the comments. One thing to note is that Tilio was easily manhandled by Chapman. It may have been better to start with Nabbout as he is physically strong. A taller mobile defender on JMac tends to nullify JMac's output and this is where we change the delivery to JMac or we get a bigger player. Definitely missed Bos.

• Like 1