Melbourne Football

21st January vs Roar 7:45 KO

kingofhearts

39 minutes ago, haz said:

Is this 7:45 local time or Melbourne time? 

Good question. It's the sort of thing that is very irritating. I would assume that the match being in Brisbane the KO time is given in Queensland time, i.e. Australian Eastern Standard Time, but with the A-League you can never be quite sure of anything...

3 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Good question. It's the sort of thing that is very irritating. I would assume that the match being in Brisbane the KO time is given in Queensland time, i.e. Australian Eastern Standard Time, but with the A-League you can never be quite sure of anything...

19.45 our time. Fotmob always gives my local time not the time at the venue. So locally (QLD) I'm guessing it's a 6.45 kick off.

Edited by fensaddler
  • Thanks 1

• jw1739 changed the title to 21st January vs Roar 7:45 KO

Can't see where to post about this, so putting here. Anyone else having more and more difficulty getting Paramount to play the current match. Every time I go in I get the round one match for either the men or the dub. Increasingly difficult to get this to stop and get into the current match. Paramount really is shit.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Can't see where to post about this, so putting here. Anyone else having more and more difficulty getting Paramount to play the current match. Every time I go in I get the round one match for either the men or the dub. Increasingly difficult to get this to stop and get into the current match. Paramount really is shit.

Yes same here it’s horrible. Care factor zero from Paramount.

1 hour ago, fensaddler said:

I don't have that problem. I get sent to the home page every time and have to navigate to the sports then A-League and then the current match.

They are really protecting their wings, we have had good penetration going through the middle though. Our left is ineffectual, mostly because Jamieson is still playing the old way and is out of sinc with everyone, fair enough he's been out of the team for a while and has played CB recently, not really making a case for himself though.

Glover made a good save, such a big turn around from last season.

Our movement has been poor, we look complacent, Berisha is getting frustrated and it's effecting his ability.

Rado needs to load the rockets up and change the mentality, get those 1-2's going again somehow.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NewConvert said:

I don't have that problem. I get sent to the home page every time and have to navigate to the sports then A-League and then the current match.

I get the home page but whichever way I navigate to the current match from there I get City's round 1 match against Brisbane. Been happening for weeks....

• Thanks 1

Just now, malloy said:

I actually think Maclaren may be a weak link in our team, not because he is shit (far from it), but rather because his style doesn't match the style we are playing/trying to play.  

Absolutely, in some games you need a striker who can control the ball and set up play. In games like today if you can’t the bal to him, you play with 10 man, the few touches he had were poor.

16 minutes ago, haz said:

So it seems like teams have worked us out now. 

How will Rado adapt? 

3 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

We're poor and getting worse. At least last week we had chances. This week much less and looked toothless. Need some twctical change.

It's not hard to work us out. We keep saying that we "play the City way." If you're always going to play the same way, then you don't have a Plan B, you don't need a gamechange and you don't have any game-changing players.

Very flat night and as others have pointed, Jamo and Galloway didn't offer the same attacking threat Bos and Talbot do.

Perhaps it was the cameras, but i thought the pitch looked really slow. Can't remember the last time we missed so many easy passes, many were short or behind the player. It just didn't look right.

• Like 1

Well I thought that the team, and specially Leckie, did not give BR enough respect. BR, to their credit, pressed hard, were physical and lasted the distance.

The lack of synergy between Jamo and Berisha is concerning - they could barely string two passes together. Poor team work and poor passing in the final third gave us a 0-0 draw.