Melbourne Football

Wsw away Sunday 15th kickoff 3pm

MHFC-FAN

Rado is beginning to grow on me. https://melbournecityfc.com.au/videos/id/press-conference-rado-vidosic-13-1-23/6318579517112 . He's certainly more articulate than PK but I'm getting the feeling that he's got softer hands on the tiller whilst still maintaining the course.

It's good to hear a coach talking about the squad as a whole whilst saying "If it ain't broke - don't fix it."

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Torn Asunder said:

Rado also talked in a recent presser about allowing the players more freedom and responsibility in terms of attacking. 

What we are starting to see is the potential of the best squad of players in the league with an astute coach ...

It’s so obvious during the games, I like it as it’s entertaining.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, haz said:

So many chances wasted. 

Fifa Stats. 

I think we are gonna be alright, the chances have been good chances and we are breaking WSW down.

The key difference with us this game and the City/Heart teams of past is that in past we would dominate game, but not really create good chances. This game, despite them parking the bus, we are still breaking them down. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, malloy said:

I think we are gonna be alright, the chances have been good chances and we are breaking WSW down.

The key difference with us this game and the City/Heart teams of past is that in past we would dominate game, but not really create good chances. This game, despite them parking the bus, we are still breaking them down. 

Except we never do better in the second half, Perth game is the only exception.

Just a random thought, PK comes across as a guy who would likely push the team very hard in training during the week to the extent that it may be detrimental to players being able to run out games. If this is the case I wonder if we our full game performances might increase with Rado in charge.

• Like 1

Strange game to break down after all that, absolutely dominated the game but only get a point.

Easy to be frustrated with the end result, but the performance was there and we will play much worse and take 3 points this season. Also the extremely strong start to season gives us the breathing space to have a small slip up.

If they are the 3rd best team in the comp, then we will be completely fine for the league. They came to the game knowing they probably can't beat us. They will be happy with a point 

When I saw that they were having 5 at the back I did not expect to win. It is difficult to break the bus down and they were obviously practising for this game - physical, crowd the space and hit on the counter. One thing about the centre backs is that they are not the fastest on the pitch. Satisfied to have a point. Rado's job is now to improve the attack in order to actually score and see what can be done for the defense.

Probably the best I've seen us play without taking all 3 points. 

For a team sitting 3rd or whatever and at home, i thought WSW were pathetic. Guess the result is the only thing that matters in the end but they were totally shithouse, as the stats prove. And contrary to the commentary, their defence was woeful. No structure or skill; just a bunch of big blokes sitting deep and trying to fill up space. Then hopefully get a long ball out and pray Borello outsprints his opponent. If people think Rudan is a good coach, they're clueless.

Any other day and we could have put 6 past them.

• Like 4