Melbourne Football

Vs nomad fc 7th January 7:45 KO

kingofhearts

3 hours ago, mattyh001 said:

the Glory just beat WSW 1-0; a win sends us at least 5 points clear with a game (the abandoned derby) in hand.

With Victory being so low on the table, I can't see the derby being forfeited. 

The APL will not want Victory missing out on the finals and will need them to get as much points as they can. 

6 hours ago, haz said:

The APL will not want Victory missing out on the finals and will need them to get as much points as they can. 

If the APL has any integrity and balls at all, they will call the game for us. Complete and utter disgrace otherwise.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, haz said:

But this doesn't make sense....unless they call the game a draw whereby victory gets a point. Otherwise it has nothing to do with victory position on the ladder. 

57 minutes ago, n i k o said:

But this doesn't make sense....unless they call the game a draw whereby victory gets a point. Otherwise it has nothing to do with victory position on the ladder. 

If the game is rescheduled, Victory has a chance to walk away with 3 points. 

2 hours ago, mattyh001 said:

If the APL has any integrity and balls at all, they will call the game for us. Complete and utter disgrace otherwise.

Agree. If Sydney copped a couple of 3-0 defeats for a technical mistake on their bench, then the Derby has to be called 3-0 for us. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Nate said:

I'm staggered they haven't made a decision on this yet. 

Well, not really staggered as it's true to APL form but this should have been sorted within 24 hours of the abandoned fixture. 

A lot of organisations and perhaps stakeholders are still on holidays. If it wasn’t for the holiday period it would definitely be unacceptable long for a decision on this match.

8 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

A lot of organisations and perhaps stakeholders are still on holidays. If it wasn’t for the holiday period it would definitely be unacceptable long for a decision on this match.

IMO that's an excuse not a valid reason. The season continues and so should its administration. What the delay tells me is that there is no set of rules or guidelines in place for abandoned matches.

From my reading APL has passed the buck for the decision to Football Australia. I don't know why the game pays these fuckers if they can't take responsibility.

7 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

IMO that's an excuse not a valid reason. The season continues and so should its administration. What the delay tells me is that there is no set of rules or guidelines in place for abandoned matches.

From my reading APL has passed the buck for the decision to Football Australia. I don't know why the game pays these fuckers if they can't take responsibility.

I can guarantee you that a fair bit legal departments and companies won’t get back to work until the 9th or 16th. As you’ve rightfully pointed out if there’s no set of rules available those are precisely the people you need.

9 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

I can guarantee you that a fair bit legal departments and companies won’t get back to work until the 9th or 16th. As you’ve rightfully pointed out if there’s no set of rules available those are precisely the people you need.

Don't I know that! I seem to suffer from it every year! Not only the two that you've mentioned - don't try being ill at this time of year being an example.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Don't I know that! I seem to suffer from it every year! Not only the two that you've mentioned - don't try being ill at this time of year being an example.

Basically anything to with birth, death and marriages - don’t try it in Dec/Jan.

• Like 1

So obvious now under this coach that we are looking and daring to play in between the lines through midfield.

On several occasions now I see the players looking to play forward rather than just back to the CBs in the past. Love it.

12 minutes ago, mattyh001 said:

hahahahaha fucking Leo Lecrioux.  we should build him a statue at Casey

Next to JMAC then!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2