Melbourne Football

Wellington vs Melbourne city

citypool

4 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Do you get the feeling too that he let boys just play football more, there is something unrestricted about the team. The downside is of course that we are giving away the odd chance here and there.

Can’t reminder the last time we went down and still won.

one moment while watching it he was chatting to o'neil and it looked like he was actually listing instead of paddys non stop yelling.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, neio said:

Geez the Wellington post game is a tough watch. They just spent 5 minutes saying how hard done by the nix were considering they dominated the game and that Zawada could have had a hattrick. I must have watched a different game 

Nah I watched the same game. Wellington pinned us back in that second half, created heaps and were unfortunate not to score. It was pretty hectic at times.

But they didn't score hence we won!

1 hour ago, Mr MO said:

Nah I watched the same game. Wellington pinned us back in that second half, created heaps and were unfortunate not to score. It was pretty hectic at times.

But they didn't score hence we won!

We were also unfortunate not to have scored an extra 1, 2 or even three goals....

I think the result was fair and overall was a good game with good attacking from both teams.

That was a good game to win.

Positives:

Our first game in Wellington since 2019. 

Our first win there since 2017 I think.

We won in red and white

A positive first half where we controlled the midfield

Positive subs in the second half when we didn't.

Negatives:

We didn't control the game, particularly not in the second half

Hopefully, a precaution to rest Curtis Good

Still no Florin

• Thanks 1

Serious question- Is this the best ever melbourne heart/city team assembled? I may be going the early crow but I don't think in all the years of watching this club I've seen us have quality in every position on the pitch.

Onto the match, I thought we did well (considering we've hardly won playing welly in welly)until towards the end of the second half, where we got our usual closing game jitters. Glover easy gets MOM for saving us during that period, he pulled off some amazing saves to keep us ahead, and deserves the match ball.It's been great to see him come back into form as towards the end of last year,  his career looked dead and burried.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Serious question- Is this the best ever melbourne heart/city team assembled? I may be going the early crow but I don't think in all the years of watching this club I've seen us have quality in every position on the pitch.

Yes in my opinion absolutely, never seen depth, squad complete and competitiveness like this. I asked you guys this in the squad thread as I find this the case.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

Onto the match, I thought we did well (considering we've hardly won playing welly in welly)until towards the end of the second half, where we got our usual closing game jitters. Glover easy gets MOM for saving us during that period, he pulled off some amazing saves to keep us ahead, and deserves the match ball.It's been great to see him come back into form as towards the end of last year,  his career looked dead and burried.

Yep, and convincingly. 

The fact that we can have a full strength starting XI with Nabbout, Nuno Reis and Jamieson resigned to the bench (with Berenguer to come back in as well) is crazy good.

I think the only "deficiency" is RB where Talbot is a clear downgrade from Atkinson but equally, he's been consistent and has strong competition/cover in Galloway.

Can't wait to earn our home grand final.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2