Melbourne Football

Home Derby - SAT 17th December 7:50PM

seamolyons

On 10/12/2016 at 9:57 PM, Geo400 said:

How do they look better? They should have copped 6 tonight.

If we play for 90 minutes we win its that simple..wanderers have no firepower, we do.

The only thing that worries me is mv always seem to win when they play awful. We better be clinical as they are pretty ordinary in general play.

Maybe not looking better, but definitely have a lot better form then us atm

23 hours ago, jw1739 said:

There's an underlying assumption in these projections that all City members with reserved seats will attend - which we know from past experience is not the case - and so those seats can't be sold.
The average home derby attendance (10 matches) is 25,607. Range 26,539 - 23,059.

True,

A mate and I won't be going, so our seats will be empty.

We will be watching with mates on TV instead.

For this game we need Cahill to start in the box and the team needs to get serious on crossing the ball into him. As I said pre-season, the key tactic with Cahill is to have aerial threats that need to be defended by multiple opposition players which in turn creates space for Bruno. We have only seen this on few occasions and these opportunities have resulted in goals.

Flat 4 4 2 will create wide service for crosses into the box while maintaining good coverĀ for their wide forward plays which provides for most of their scoring opportunities.

19 hours ago, jw1739 said:

You need to go to this pageĀ https://www.ptv.vic.gov.au/live-travel-updates/Ā and click on "Additional information for Metropolitan trains" andĀ then scroll down to "Upcoming travel information."

Buses are replacing trains on the Cranbourne, Pakenham, Glen Waverley, Belgrave, Lilydale and Alamein lines. If you're intending to travel on any one of those lines you need to check out just what services are affected. If you have any uncertainty I suggest that you contact PTV. Just looking at, for example, the Belgrave, Lilydale and Alamein lines, the information there is completely ambiguous - well, it is to me anyway.

I always check the web-site a couple of hours before projected departure from home because I've been caught several times over the seasons (Sandy line).

I've re-read it again. Ā It's definitely happening. Ā Lilydale, Belgrave, Alamein, Glen Waverley, Pakenham and Cranbourne lines all disrupted. Ā Going to be absolute chaos outside Richmond station - no way is there space for all the fans from the match who will be waiting, and very concerned they won't have enough buses running to cope.

1 hour ago, fensaddler said:

I've re-read it again. Ā It's definitely happening. Ā Lilydale, Belgrave, Alamein, Glen Waverley, Pakenham and Cranbourne lines all disrupted. Ā Going to be absolute chaos outside Richmond station - no way is there space for all the fans from the match who will be waiting, and very concerned they won't have enough buses running to cope.

I e-mailed the club just in case they were not aware. Suggested they might like to e-mail all members, and also consider ensuringĀ Yarra Park will be open for cars. No reply, but hopefully everyone is prepared. Can't really believe that PTV needs to do this. Not only is it the Christmas Derby, although the following Saturday isĀ Christmas EveĀ this weekend is the last full weekend before Christmas and the Retailfest will be in full swing. FMD what a dumb decision.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Ā 

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I e-mailed the club just in case they were not aware. Suggested they might like to e-mail all members, and also consider ensuringĀ Yarra Park will be open for cars. No reply, but hopefully everyone is prepared. Can't really believe that PTV needs to do this. Not only is it the Christmas Derby, although the following Saturday isĀ Christmas EveĀ this weekend is the last full weekend before Christmas and the Retailfest will be in full swing. FMD what a dumb decision.

Cheers JW. Thinking of driving in. Ā Gather the MCG parking is open from Punt Road. Ā Is that Yarra Park, or is that somewhere else?

21 minutes ago, Heart of Melbourne said:

Heard on SEN that people were complaining about ticket prices. Likely not to sell out.Ā 

Haha the mong fans are complaining that our prices are too high, although theyre exactly the same as when we go to Etihad. Over 26k sold including memberships, it'll be near enough to 25k or higher.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Heart of Melbourne said:

Heard on SEN that people were complaining about ticket prices. Likely not to sell out.Ā 

On Level 1 the only available seats are in Bays 23 and 29, and on Level 2, Bay 5 (which is single seats only). The gaps are on Level 3 - Bays 84-88Ā City Gold only, and Bays 72,73, 74, 76, 77, 78 both City Gold and City Silver. But IMO it will be close to the usual crowdĀ by kick-off.

There have been two extra Derbies already this season, in the FFA Cup, and this is the sort of thing FFA needs to consider when thinking about expansion clubs. The market is not inexhaustible. Just because you put on a match doesn't mean that the public will necessarily decide to go.

• Like 1

Melbourne City FCĀ squad:Ā 1.Thomas SORENSEN (gk), 2.Manny MUSCAT, 3.Josh ROSE, 4.Connor CHAPMAN, 5.Ivan FRANJIC, 8.Neil KILKENNY,Ā 9.Nicolas COLAZO,Ā 10.Anthony CACERES, 11.Bruce KAMAU, 12.Nick FITZGERALD, 17.Tim CAHILL, 18.Paulo RETRE, 20.Dean BOUZANIS (gk), 21. Ruon TONGYIK, 22.Michael JAKOBSEN, 23.Bruno FORNAROLI (c), 26.Luke BRATTAN, 27.Fernando BRANDAN, **two to be omitted**

Ins:Ā 4.Connor CHAPMAN (promoted), 11.Bruce KAMAU (promoted)

Outs:Ā Nil

Read more at http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/team-news-city-sees-forward-return-for-the-derby/1923qk5bd12v81qdm4th5doz62#buWMMJpRtqu8TXbR.99

20 minutes ago, [LIBBA] said:

Melbourne City FCĀ squad:Ā 1.Thomas SORENSEN (gk), 2.Manny MUSCAT, 3.Josh ROSE, 4.Connor CHAPMAN, 5.Ivan FRANJIC, 8.Neil KILKENNY,Ā 9.Nicolas COLAZO,Ā 10.Anthony CACERES, 11.Bruce KAMAU, 12.Nick FITZGERALD, 17.Tim CAHILL, 18.Paulo RETRE, 20.Dean BOUZANIS (gk), 21. Ruon TONGYIK, 22.Michael JAKOBSEN, 23.Bruno FORNAROLI (c), 26.Luke BRATTAN, 27.Fernando BRANDAN, **two to be omitted**

Ins:Ā 4.Connor CHAPMAN (promoted), 11.Bruce KAMAU (promoted)

Outs:Ā Nil

Read more at http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/team-news-city-sees-forward-return-for-the-derby/1923qk5bd12v81qdm4th5doz62#buWMMJpRtqu8TXbR.99

Franjic appears to be OK, Ā which is a relief, but Malik still out of contention? Ā Given that, I'd fancy Tongyik to keep his place. Ā Generally a strong squad, the work will be in putting together a formation which makes the best of the talent on offer.

We have beaten them twice with going with 3 at the back, Ā so I'd be going with that

Tongyik could miss out due to going to a back 3, as we don't know if he could play as a LB when Kilkenny drops back

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Boizanis

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Franjic. Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Jakobsen. Ā  Ā  Ā  MuscatĀ 

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Brattan. Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Kilkenny

Kamau Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Cahill. Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Colazo. Ā  Ā  Ā  Brandan

Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā Fornaroli

Ā 

Sorenson Tongyik Caceras Fitzgerald RetreĀ 

5 minutes ago, neio said:

We have beaten them twice with going with 3 at the back, Ā so I'd be going with that

Tongyik could miss out due to going to a back 3, as we don't know if he could play as a LB when Kilkenny drops back

Ā 

That is one strong team!Ā 

It would Ā be a shame if......221246-john-van-039-t-schip.jpg

Ā 

Edited by haz
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, neio said:

Ā 

Agree with this. If we do decide on 4-3-3 then Tongyik in for Cahill and Retre to miss.

8 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Agree with this. If we do decide on 4-3-3 then Tongyik in for Cahill and Retre to miss.

I like the 4-3-3 version of that with Colazo playing in the attacking central midfield role. Ā That is a strong team with talent everywhere. Ā I do feel safer with a back four, particularly as Victory have all their best attacking options back and in form. Ā We are going to need to keep it tight and organised.Ā 

1 minute ago, Hellenic Hero said:

So crowd 24-25k?

Mindful of proximity to Christmas and the disruptions on public transport, I'd be hopeful of a crowd around that, but not surprised if it fell a bit short. Ā Victory fans will probably turn out in better numbers than for the cup match, but they can be a bit fickle if they think they are going to get a hiding.

14 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Mindful of proximity to Christmas and the disruptions on public transport, I'd be hopeful of a crowd around that, but not surprised if it fell a bit short. Ā Victory fans will probably turn out in better numbers than for the cup match, but they can be a bit fickle if they think they are going to get a hiding.

I went on their forum earlier and not one of them think they can win, Ā a few went with high scoring draw, Ā many went with the city conspiracy theory win and a few was with another smashingĀ 

46 minutes ago, neio said:

I went on their forum earlier and not one of them think they can win, Ā a few went with high scoring draw, Ā many went with the city conspiracy theory win and a few was with another smashingĀ 

They know they will lose, and have unsuprisingly resorted to who should hack who, and which player deserves a broken leg etc.

Ā