Melbourne Football

42nd Melbourne Derby 17/12 7.45 pm

Le Hack

3 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

How come they never showed us the offside lines and that for the kamau decision 

looked off but maybe just on with talbot but yeah no lines, or no card for that tackle on berisha that lead to the goal unless i missed it that was a boderline red aswell. and still fkn kamau i cant let it go that was a red ffs

Justice is done - just.

Victory had seven starting players tonight who were not on the field when the match was stopped following the invasion. We had two.

Rado made a further two substitutions tonight, both right at the end. Victory made four.

Yes, we need 7 points to be Premiers if Adelaide continue winning. And just one to clinch the Champions League next season.

4 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Justice is done - just.

Victory had seven starting players tonight who were not on the field when the match was stopped following the invasion. We had two.

Rado made a further two substitutions tonight, both right at the end. Victory made four.

Yes, we need 7 points to be Premiers if Adelaide continue winning. And just one to clinch the Champions League next season.

Champions League almost as important. That's a huge prize and really in practical terms the most important outcome.

38 minutes ago, Bannon said:

looked off but maybe just on with talbot but yeah no lines, or no card for that tackle on berisha that lead to the goal unless i missed it that was a boderline red aswell. and still fkn kamau i cant let it go that was a red ffs

Hmmm that tackle on Berisha, Miranda got a yellow for that I thought?

The lines didn’t come on TV as Talbot played him on significantly perhaps.

• Like 1

Thank fuck for O'Neil.

Also, Glover catching the ball at the end for that corner was sweet justice

Really poor goal to concede at the end .... Jamo was too fired up and contributed to the turnover, but lazy defending to keep Kamau on side

Bruno was fantastic for the Tards ... shame he's not ours any more  ... 

Highlight for me was kicking some Tard supporters out of our seats after half time  ... Venue security just shrugged their shoulders when I told them so I had to take matters into my own hands

Man, I wish we'd stop shifting the ball sideways when we get in good attacking position  ... channels open and are ignored ... seriously, run into the box and shoot you fools! Rebounds, deflections and scrambles can all make goals

Also, Kamau should have been given a red card for his tackle ... it was probably the worst most blatant take down I've seen

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Torn Asunder said:

Also, Kamau should have been given a red card for his tackle ... it was probably the worst most blatant take down I've seen

As I see it the problem is that the "tackle" was not dangerous, and neither was Kamau the last defender in the way of Florin homing in on goal. Therefore no red card. IMO the rule on red cards should be changed to include this sort of blatant and cynical obstruction/interference. Otherwise it's the equivalent to the "block" in gridiron.

Crowd was 6,423.

16 hours ago, Mr MO said:

Hmmm that tackle on Berisha, Miranda got a yellow for that I thought?

The lines didn’t come on TV as Talbot played him on significantly perhaps.

Miranda received a yellow for that - could easily have been a red. Probably a yellow because we scored?

I need to watch the replay ... hearing that Harper was carrying on as per usual

Its sort of funny that the tards had a bunch of ex City (Heart) guys running around for them and Bruno was probably their best

When I look at our crowd and how many young kids are City supporters, I reckon in 10 years we will pass them in terms of support numbers (if we can continue being successful and producing Socceroos) 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Torn Asunder said:

Its sort of funny that the tards had a bunch of ex City (Heart) guys running around for them and Bruno was probably their best

When I look at our crowd and how many young kids are City supporters, I reckon in 10 years we will pass them in terms of support numbers (if we can continue being successful and producing Socceroos) 

I differ in that I don't think that's the most important factor. With MV on the canvas, and WU struggling to make an impact we have, just now, a golden opportunity to embrace our existing supporter base, and broaden it, if only we are prepared to be inclusive, and reach out to everyone as individuals and as football fans rather than treating us as if we are "customers" or "clients."

I do agree on Bruno. He, Mooy and Novillo were players that the fans wanted to go to AAMI to see. The atmosphere then was so different from what it is today.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

I differ in that I don't think that's the most important factor. With MV on the canvas, and WU struggling to make an impact we have, just now, a golden opportunity to embrace our existing supporter base, and broaden it, if only we are prepared to be inclusive, and reach out to everyone as individuals and as football fans rather than treating us as if we are "customers" or "clients."

I do agree on Bruno. He, Mooy and Novillo were players that the fans wanted to go to AAMI to see. The atmosphere then was so different from what it is today.

The past is a foreign country. They do things differently there.

With all due respects to someone.

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

There was such a buzz around the stadium during the days of the Holy Trinity. You just knew there would be goals and entertainment.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Torn Asunder said:

I wouldn't if I was you. After the 5 minute sermon about how Victory can still make finals, they went on for ages about how if the game was decided on xG that Victory would be in front. This was all while we were 2-0 up 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, neio said:

I wouldn't if I was you. After the 5 minute sermon about how Victory can still make finals, they went on for ages about how if the game was decided on xG that Victory would be in front. This was all while we were 2-0 up 

It was the deep, frustrated sigh when a Victory move broke down which flagged where the commentary team's sympathies lay to me...

• Like 1