Melbourne Football

Light blue derby 10 December 2022 7.45pm

Le Hack

Back into it after the WC break. Looks like we'll be without O'Neill due to Red card suspension and Rei's and Good back. Couple of interesting points; will Gomulka or Lam replace O'Neill or will we see no CDM and three normal mids i.e VDV, Berisha, and Leckie/Tilio. And the other point it's Rados first match in charge, so how will he go

3 hours ago, Mr MO said:

I would have liked to have signed a coach by now.

Rado has rather been thrown to the wolves perhaps? I'm not sure whether he's been involved much with the men's team up to now, we're unbeaten with still over three-quarters of the season to go, and he's "interim"...pretty tough situation in which to take over the helm.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Rado has rather been thrown to the wolves perhaps? I'm not sure whether he's been involved much with the men's team up to now, we're unbeaten with still over three-quarters of the season to go, and he's "interim"...pretty tough situation in which to take over the helm.

Could be a little worse jw. He's taking over a team in form, individually and collectively, confident and stacked with talent. I suspect they don't need too much managing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Zanty said:

Rado did say he was not going to change much about how the team plays, Kratky is still here so he will have an idea on how PK would set up his team

But still going to be very interesting. A break in the season can cut both ways. New coach. Bit of an anti-climax perhaps for the players returning from Qatar. Let's see.

4 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Well, have we got an interim coach who's going to try to win the match and bring on some subs or not?

This Sydney, with the creative players they have was always going to be tough for us. People who’ve watched them, despite the table ranking, know that the quality has always been there. Just didn’t fall their way, well tonight we make it happen for them.