Melbourne Football

5:00pm Saturday vs Newy, 12th November

kingofhearts

On 07/11/2022 at 5:20 AM, bt50 said:

Confident of a goldwin, but a bit wary. Newy away are a far different proposition to Newy at home.
Very big game in terms of setting up a commanding lead going into the WC break. 

Yes, Newy can make a draw at home. Does anyone expect a 0-0 or 1-1 draw?

Edited by DarOv

Only major change looks like Reis missing out due to concussion and Lam coming back in from suspension. Great knowing it's pretty much like for like. Only other questions are Will Tilio start or will Nabbout be brought back in to start and Will they start Berisha and VDV with O'Neill or play Leckie in midfield or Gomulka?

22 minutes ago, Le Hack said:

Only major change looks like Reis missing out due to concussion and Lam coming back in from suspension. Great knowing it's pretty much like for like. Only other questions are Will Tilio start or will Nabbout be brought back in to start and Will they start Berisha and VDV with O'Neill or play Leckie in midfield or Gomulka?

For me I'd start as we did last week. Tilio IMO has kept his spot and should play 60-70 leaving nothing and then it's up to Nabbout to make a statement.

Midfield looks balanced for mine, I'm relieved with VDV and look forward to him going up a few levels. Berisha and Oneil complement each other. 

Full backs are also looking solid and Jamieson and Galloway just need to be ready if needed. 

And Glover seems to have regained form.

Overall I'd be very surprised if we did not win easily.

And yes i know we've struggled at Newie many many times and by nature we never do what we should but I'm super confident. 

0:3 win.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Jovan said:

For me I'd start as we did last week. Tilio IMO has kept his spot and should play 60-70 leaving nothing and then it's up to Nabbout to make a statement.

Midfield looks balanced for mine, I'm relieved with VDV and look forward to him going up a few levels. Berisha and Oneil complement each other. 

Full backs are also looking solid and Jamieson and Galloway just need to be ready if needed. 

And Glover seems to have regained form.

Overall I'd be very surprised if we did not win easily.

And yes i know we've struggled at Newie many many times and by nature we never do what we should but I'm super confident. 

0:3 win.

Agree with most of this. Absolutely on Tilio - he's earned the starting spot and it's up to Nabbout to lift to challenge - which IMO he didn't do against Perth. I still think Galloway is better going forward than Talbot, but it's marginal. And Jamo is good to come in as a match wears on because of his leadership as we start to tire.

Let's just keep it steady and a 3-0 win would be nice.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2022 at 2:20 PM, bt50 said:

Confident of a win, but a bit wary. Newy away are a far different proposition to Newy at home.
Very big game in terms of setting up a commanding lead going into the WC break

Agree, they'll be fired up to respond at home after their poor game last week and their televised roasting (well deserved). Papas is a better tactician than PK, but it's also an important game for us. Tilio & Nabbout have a lot to prove after missing WC selection.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I'm pleased to see Rafa in the squad. I'm very impressed with this lad and I'd like to see him get some decent minutes this season. He moves very nicely off the ball.

At the moment he has only been promoted. I do hope that during the break the team play some 'friendlies' with Rafa, Stokes and Caputo getting some minutes.

20 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Agree with most of this. Absolutely on Tilio - he's earned the starting spot and it's up to Nabbout to lift to challenge - which IMO he didn't do against Perth. I still think Galloway is better going forward than Talbot, but it's marginal. And Jamo is good to come in as a match wears on because of his leadership as we start to tire.

Let's just keep it steady and a 3-0 win would be nice.

Jeez can really feel for Galloway. I know its been said time and time again but he doesn't do much wrong, scores when given chances and still rides the pine from fullback. In saying that I don't mind what I've seen from Talbot but surely its Galloways time!? I'd be leaving if I were him once his current contract runs out, he's definitely good enough as a starter in the A-league

• Like 5

1 hour ago, DukeVader said:

Jeez can really feel for Galloway. I know its been said time and time again but he doesn't do much wrong, scores when given chances and still rides the pine from fullback. In saying that I don't mind what I've seen from Talbot but surely its Galloways time!? I'd be leaving if I were him once his current contract runs out, he's definitely good enough as a starter in the A-league

There are a few players in this situation: Galloway, Stokes, Rafa. Last season we had Cola, Najar & Najarine. It is a novel feeling compared to the Heart days...

• Like 1

IMO Galloway and Cola have been the unluckiest. Both have proven themselves when promoted. Rafa has to displace Jmac, which is a tall order, but I'd just like to see us get into positions where we're 3-4 up and then be able to give the fringe players some meaningful minutes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DukeVader said:

I guess unless the money is better he's better off staying at a club where he will still get 20ish appearances (obviously a few as a sub), + contend for titles, ACL, and stay with what I assume are mates. 

I mean the two biggest reasons to move are opportunity and money, he doesn't need gametime to develop, he is what he is. If neither of those things are better elsewhere then might as well stay and wait for Talbot to miss a game and then never lose your spot. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

What happened to the fees? Fuck paramount suck

Not only did the broadcasting cut out. They also take camera of the field too often, filming side line stuff is not on when the game is played.

1 minute ago, Tommykins said:

Marco if that was onside what on earth was that finish.

It’s his biggest issue, determination and conviction of the final ball. He’s still playing futsal at times.