Melbourne Football

City NYL v Victory NYL friendly

citymad

Watched this game yesterday. Some good football played by both teams. City got the lead early and then it was city 2 victory 1 at half time. Squads were changed around a bit after that with younger players/trialists coming on. City goals were good though and Arzani and Tongik played. Francic had a run at the back so i reckon he is not too far off returning to 1st team. Game ended 2 - 2. Any body else see this game. Any Players standing out for city? Hopefully they can do well this season. 

• Like 1

I also watched this game. Was great to see Franjic getting some solid game time. He's looking fit. Was impressed with City's youth squad overall, think they should perform well in the NYL. Looked stronger, fitter and sharper than Victory boys. Not sure of names but stand out for me was number 2. Impressive ball skills and cracked a great goal in from outside the box.

• Like 1

Wasn't Arzani, I know what he looks like. He played ok, seen him play better. Didn't really do much. The number 2 was only slight, shone in the midfield. Maybe was one of their npl players? NYL starts next week, will keep my eye out and see if I can spot him. You heading to the game? First game is v Adelaide. Should be good.

Or at the same place the friendly was played? Yea I dunno who number two was. They have some quality youth though so I am no surprised that there were standout players. Their numbering system is weird. Look like they have have no relation to the position that a player is in. Some kids were wearing numbers like 46 and 38 etc. I'll have a listen to the names if they read them out on the loudspeaker. But numbers will be completely different again I suppose. What is Adelaide like?