Melbourne Football

City vs. Phoenix, Sunday 30th October, 5.00 p.m. AAMI Park

jw1739

7 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

We're all waterproof and the stands are all covered. Snowflakes.

Not true actually. Ironically, the premium seats available to members are out in the open as I experienced in Heart's early years, as are quite a number of the rows behind the goals. One of the major reasons why our gang is now high up at the Southern End, completely out of all the weather.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, citypool said:

Yep, the pitch could play a big part in this match. Where I live the ground is absolutely sodden, with water lying on the surface of both soil and grass - just nowhere for it to go.

1 minute ago, jw1739 said:

@haz You mean across Swan Street opposite the ground? Wouldn't rely on it. I've used it a couple of time when the trains have been out but both times pre-booked and it was full.

Otherwise I always go by train.

Where you coming from? Anyone got any ideas?

Yep across from the ground. 

I'm thinking alternative is Fed Square parking and either walking or taking the train depending on time + weather. 

51 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

In complete control.

Our press is doing a great job, we're creating so many chances due to our relentless pressure.

Keep it up boys

Still in complete control? Even in the first half they looked dangerous but so did we.

Perhaps just like last week we are in “complete control” with plenty of opportunities for the opposition!

We need that 3rd goal….

10 minutes ago, malloy said:

Calling it now. Don't think VDV is good enough. I am hoping its just a case of not yet having settled in, but I am concerned.

Yes I’m not impressed either and sideways Gomulka frustrates the hell out of me. If VDV isn’t cut out for it we might have to play Leckie a little more in midfield and in the mix with Berisha, O’Neil, Lam and Berenguer (when he’s fit).

This was a deserved draw.

Edited by Mr MO

A classic game of two halves, but, in the end. we were fortunate to draw:

Positives:

Our first half was good. We started slowly but had a clear game plan to press and force turnovers, we did that very effectively, and our midfield was on top

Tilio made his case for Socceroos selection with a goal.

Our midfield was very effective first half.

Negatives:

Again, no tactical adjustment from PK, unless it was he that told our midfield to take a second-half holiday, I doubt it, however, they were absent in the second half, in particular, Berisha just drifted out of the game. They struggled to maintain possession or to create forward opportunities.

An unfortunate, but correct second yellow to Lam; we will miss him at CB; hopefully, Reis is close to a return.

VDV is very busy but created little, we miss Florin

11 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Yes I’m not impressed either and sideways Gomulka frustrates the hell out of me. If VDV isn’t cut out for it we might have to play Leckie a little more in midfield and in the mix with Berisha, O’Neil, Lam and Berenguer (when he’s fit).

This was a deserved draw.

I dont mind a midfield 3 of O'Neil, Berisha and Leckie. I think some of Leckie's best games for us have been at CAM and it allows Tillio more time on the park.

• Like 1