Melbourne Football

The derby 22nd October 7:45KO

kingofhearts

40 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Sold out it seems.

WU the shitheads playing in an empty AAMI park as we speak destroying the pitch in the rain.

Really poor fixturing by the League.

Victory played there on 15th, WU on 16th, WU again tonight and then the big one tomorrow.

Pumped! My first time in long time going solo to a match, but in active so it should be a blast. Last time I did that we got pumped 4 nil Cup final in Adelaide 😅. This time hopefully different, predicting 2-1 win, Valon Berisha BOG, atmosphere to be electric

• Like 1

On days like today and with crowds now selling out a solid case can be made for having Victory derbies games at Marvel. On days like today and with crowds now selling out a solid case can be made for having Victory derby games at Marvel.

Edited by TheStig

2 hours ago, TheStig said:

On days like today and with crowds now selling out a solid case can be made for having Victory derbies games at Marvel. On days like today and with crowds now selling out a solid case can be made for having Victory derby games at Marvel.

I disagree 

I disagree 

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, haz said:

We're playing boring, but I think we've killed the game pretty well. 

We are a team that controls the game. To have victory dominate us with 10 men and watch us go in second gear the whole way in that second half is disgraceful. Feels like the worst derby win in our history. 

• Thanks 2

Amazing performance in that second half?

Not really, but a fucking derby win is a derby win. And too be fair, if Macca and Tillo had their shooting boots on it should have been 3-4 nil in the end. So from that perspective the wasting of chances that plagued us last season is still there.

Also still struggling to break down compact blocks, like WU put up last season. Hopefully as berisha works his way into the season, and Florin makes a return, we can crack them open with a bit of individual brilliance.

Overall, pleased with the result, but the performance needs improvement.

• Like 1