Melbourne Football

Friday 14th Away vs Brisbane 7:45pm

MHFC-FAN

• MHFC-FAN changed the title to Friday 14th Away vs Brisbane 7:45pm
12 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Yeah that and the fact we won't be trying to put them past Jamie Young. 

Hoping we put a few past them, no reason not to come away with the win... 

Jamie Young is not superman. HIs great strength is his positioning.  JMac went past him cleverly, but at other times we were guilty of poor shooting. This is not a new phenomenon because we were the same last season.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Jamie Young is not superman. HIs great strength is his positioning.  JMac went past him cleverly, but at other times we were guilty of poor shooting. This is not a new phenomenon because we were the same last season.

Yes I understand that, what I am trying to say he's one of the top keepers in the league and stopped us from putting another 2-3 goals past them. The Brisbane keeper is less likely to make as many saves as Young and if we were to create nearly 20 shot chances on goal against Brisbane then I am sure we will be scoring more than 2 goals...

I've ran into a co-worker today who also attended our opening game. They had (free) tickets for the family with 2 young children and won't be coming back anytime soon. He said they got really annoyed and embarrassed at the same time with the over the top antics, excessive swearing, F*bombs and screaming.........I asked in which bay the trouble was in? He said, no it wasn't your supporters but your coach on the sideline! Now he is a big softie of course but still a sad but true story.

The downside of low crowds is that you hear most of this.

Edited by Mr MO
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

I've ran into a co-worker today who also attended our opening game. They had (free) tickets for the family with 2 young children and won't coming back anytime soon. He said they got really annoyed and embarrassed at the same time with the over the top antics, excessive swearing, F*bombs and screaming.........I asked in which bay the trouble was in? He said, no it wasn't your supporters but your coach on the sideline! Now he is a big softie of course but still a sad but true story.

Such snowflake fans aren't worth having.

36 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

I've ran into a co-worker today who also attended our opening game. They had (free) tickets for the family with 2 young children and won't coming back anytime soon. He said they got really annoyed and embarrassed at the same time with the over the top antics, excessive swearing, F*bombs and screaming.........I asked in which bay the trouble was in? He said, no it wasn't your supporters but your coach on the sideline! Now he is a big softie of course but still a sad but true story.

We're a long way away in the Southern End so all we can witness is visual. The shouting and gesticulations started the moment the match started. Plenty of times he was outside the technical area - almost on the pitch. 

I wouldn't have thought that if you were really interested in the match itself that you would take any real notice, but IMO it is over the top from a coaching perspective. I doubt that the players take much notice themselves TBH.

Edited by jw1739