Melbourne Football

Forum Best Player Award Season 2022-23

The Aardvark

Difficult to assess today. My stand-out is Tilio, with a goal and an assist, and others worth mentioning are JMac with two goals (despite some atrocious passing in the second half) and IMO both Talbot and Bos worked very hard. Berenguer a sweet assist but then he disappeared.

After much thought:
2 votes: Marco Tilio
1 vote: Jamie Maclaren

Edited by jw1739

Sorry been away with some major life developments, but this should catch us up most of the way.

An impressive performance saw too clear and evenly matched standouts, with Leckie and Bos alternating the 2 and 1 votes with every voter to both finish on 15. 

Perth Game, 1.5 votes to Mathew Leckie and Jordan Bos. 

-----------------------------------------

The derby was not particularly fun, but still attracted a few votes. Leckie collected all the 2's, and ended with 8. O'Neill scored 2 votes, while Bos and Van Der Venne attracted 1 each.

Derby, 2 votes to Mathew Leckie, 1 vote to Aiden O'Neill.

-----------------------------------------

The Sydney game saw us return to winning form and saw a good turnout of voters across a number of players. Tilio was the standout with 6 voters giving him 2 votes for a total of 12 (interestingly the remaining 3 voters neglectd to give him any), Maclaren scored 7 votes to narrowly beat O'Neill with 6, while Lam and Bos both scored 1. 

Sydney, 2 votes to Marco Tilio, 1 vote to Jamie Maclaren

Leaderboard after 18.23 games

3.5 votes moves Leckie to the top and gives him a good buffer to try and ride out this injury period, 2 votes to Tilio puts him right in the mix t follow him though, Bos solidifies his position near the top, O'Neill starts to get some recognition and Maclaren starts to get a break on the main pack. 

11.5. Mathew Leckie

9. Tom Glover

7.5 Marco Tilio

6. Richard Van Der Venne

5.5. Jordan Bos

3.5 Jamie Maclaren

2. Valon Berisha

2. Aiden O'Neill

1.5 Thomas Lam

1. Curtis Good

1. Callum Talbot

0.5 Nuno Reis

Please don't forget to vote for the Adelaide game, disappointment that it was, below. 

My votes:

2. Marco Tilio

1. Aiden O'Neill

A disappointing performance against Adelaide was difficult to reward, (not helped by a forum outage), with just two posters offering their thoughts, which had no crossover. Tilio and Berisha each received 2 votes, O'Neill and Nabbout one each. 

Adelaide game. 1.5 votes to Marco Tilio and Valon Berisha

Leaderboard after 19.23 games

Both Tilio and Berisha manage to close the gap on the player above them, Tilio now probably the frontrunner to claim the lead form Leckie. 

11.5. Mathew Leckie

9. Tom Glover

9. Marco Tilio

6. Richard Van Der Venne

5.5. Jordan Bos

3.5 Jamie Maclaren

3.5. Valon Berisha

2. Aiden O'Neill

1.5 Thomas Lam

1. Curtis Good

1. Callum Talbot

0.5 Nuno Reis

• 2 weeks later...

City vs. Newcastle 2nd April.

I can see that nobody wants to go first!

I thought Bos and Talbot worked so hard all afternoon that they might get my votes. But I'm going to break completely with tradition here because after 90 minutes of agony two substitutes combined for the goal.

One vote: Florin Berenguer for the assist; and
Two votes: young Max Caputo for the goal that no-one else could score.

The 110 day derby (a world record duration for a football match?).

Unquestionably O'Neill, but who else? I think Berisha for the assist (and he was clobbered heavily only just after he laid the ball off).

2 votes: O'Neill

1 vote: Berisha

• jw1739 unpinned this topic