Melbourne Football

Forum Best Player Award Season 2022-23

The Aardvark

Another good performance saw 7 players earn votes, however this was our most concentrated round yet with over 80% going to just two players. Marco Tilio was dominant, receiving two votes from all but 1 voter for a season high score of 27. Maclaren was a regular feature as well with 9 votes for his efforts, while Good (2) and Lam, O'Neill, Leckie and Lam all received a bit of recognition with 1 vote each.

Wun Gae. 2 votes to Marco Tilio, 1 vote to Jamie Maclaren

Leaderboard after 11.23 games

No major moves, Tilio retains his 3rd placing but breaks away from the main cluster and is within touching distance of both the top two now. Maclaren is starting to make his move up the ladder jumping into the top 5. 

7. Tom Glover

6. Mathew Leckie

5.5. Marco Tilio

3. Jordan Bos

2.5 Jamie Maclaren

2. Valon Berisha

2. Richard Van Der Venne

1. Curtis Good

0.5 Thomas Lam

0.5 Nuno Reis

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Aardvark said:

Another good performance saw 7 players earn votes, however this was our most concentrated round yet with over 80% going to just two players. Marco Tilio was dominant, receiving two votes from all but 1 voter for a season high score of 27. Maclaren was a regular feature as well with 9 votes for his efforts, while Good (2) and Lam, O'Neill, Leckie and Lam all received a bit of recognition with 1 vote each.

Wun Gae. 2 votes to Marco Tilio, 1 vote to Jamie Maclaren

Leaderboard after 11.23 games

No major moves, Tilio retains his 3rd placing but breaks away from the main cluster and is within touching distance of both the top two now. Maclaren is starting to make his move up the ladder jumping into the top 5. 

7. Tom Glover

6. Mathew Leckie

5.5. Marco Tilio

3. Jordan Bos

2.5 Jamie Maclaren

2. Valon Berisha

2. Richard Van Der Venne

1. Curtis Good

0.5 Thomas Lam

0.5 Nuno Reis

Go JMAC!

keep it up Aardvark, love the summaries, you can work for the local news agency!

A frustrating draw where we dominated still saw a solid voter turnout although a much smaller pool of players received recognition than previous weeks. Richard Van Der Venne is our first unanimous MOM with a maximum possible 18 votes, Lam came in second with 4, just ahead of Tilio with 3, and lastly O'Neill with 2. O'Neill is just the second player this season to score recognition in 4 consecutive games, although he is the first to not actually get an official vote from such a run. 

WSW Draw. 2 votes to Richard Van Der Venne, 1 vote to Thomas Lam. 

Leaderboard after 12.23 games

Van Der Venne moves into 4th place with his third polling game, while Lam ends up on top of the centre back shuffle. 

7. Tom Glover

6. Mathew Leckie

5.5 Marco Tilio

4. Richard Van Der Venne

3. Jordan Bos

2.5 Jamie Maclaren

2. Valon Berisha

1.5 Thomas Lam

1. Curtis Good

0.5 Nuno Reis

• Like 3

Another draw saw voter numbers reduce again, however 5 players still managed to earn recognition, with a heavy emphasis on defensive minded players playing well, representing our inability to break through at the other end. Glover was the standout, earning votes from all but one voter to finish with 10. O'Neill finally finishes in the too two votegetters through his 6, while both CB's received 2 and Van Der Venne continues to put himself in the frame with 1. 

Roar Draw: 2 votes to Tom Glover, 1 vote to Aiden O'Neill.

Leaderboard after 13.23 games

Glover extends his lead at the top while O'Neill finally enters the conversation. 

9. Tom Glover

6. Mathew Leckie

5.5 Marco Tilio

4. Richard Van Der Venne

3. Jordan Bos

2.5 Jamie Maclaren

2. Valon Berisha

1.5 Thomas Lam

1. Curtis Good

1. Aiden O'Neill

0.5 Nuno Reis

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I'm astonished that Glover is leading this poll. I regard our GK stocks as just about the weakest in the squad!

Glover has saved us multiple times this season. I think he's only had 1, at most 2, brain farts this season. 

Top 3 player for us so far. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, haz said:

Glover has saved us multiple times this season. I think he's only had 1, at most 2, brain farts this season. 

He's definitely in career best form this season! Believe he already has as many clean sheets in 12 games as he had in 26 last season! 

Just now, MHFC-FAN said:

He's definitely in career best form this season! Believe he already has as many clean sheets in 12 games as he had in 26 last season! 

Correction. 

He had 7 last season and he's already on 6 so far this season. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, haz said:

3 hours ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Correction. 

He had 7 last season and he's already on 6 so far this season. 

1 hour ago, NewConvert said:

In some ways surprised but you and I last season stated that it could have been the GK coach. And I reckon that it has come to pass.

Mea culpa. I should have used the past tense.

• Like 1

• jw1739 unpinned this topic