Melbourne Football

Forum Best Player Award Season 2022-23

The Aardvark

Any interest in doing a best player award this season? 

Can keep it all contained in this thread. 

Each game can vote for two players, one gets 2 votes the other 1. An extra player hopefully means the love is shared around a little more. Voting closes day before the next game or a week after the game, whichever is earliest. 

For the Western Utd game my votes are:

2. V. Berisha

1. M. Leckie

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

• jw1739 changed the title to Forum Best Player Award Season 2022-23
1 hour ago, The Aardvark said:

Any interest in doing a best player award this season? 

Can keep it all contained in this thread. 

Each game can vote for two players, one gets 2 votes the other 1. An extra player hopefully means the love is shared around a little more. Voting closes day before the next game or a week after the game, whichever is earliest. 

For the Western Utd game my votes are:

2. V. Berisha

1. M. Leckie

@The Aardvark Great idea. Have taken the liberty of modifying the title of the thread to emphasise what the thread is about but change back or modify as you wish.

We can also pin it if you wish.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

Awkward timing for this with the forum going down.

Round 1 saw 15 sets of votes handed out with Berisha winning the field with 22 and scoring at least a vote from all but 2 voters. Glover managed to hold off Leckie in a pleasing return to form with 13 votes. Leckie matched his number with 7, while on debut both Talbot and Lam earned mentions with 1 vote each. 

2 votes to Berisha, 1 to Glover. 

Leaderboard after Round 1:

2. Valon Berisha

1. Tom Glover

Votes for the Brisbane clash below please. 

I'm having a hard time remembering it, gonna go with 2 for Maclaren and 1 for Leckie

Edited by The Aardvark

13 hours ago, Jovan said:

Can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday, but im going with,

Maclaren 2

Talbot 1

Don't think I can vote. The Forum being down didn't help. My only comment is that I think Nabbout was stiff not to be credited with the first goal. The ball barely touched JMac.

• Like 1

Thought it was a really good team effort. Jamo got into the aleague TOTW which was interesting. He did have the most paases in the team and was pretty solid and Lam was really good to with that assist for what should have been Nabbouts goal, so I'm going for the two CBs

2 Jamieson

1 Lam

Voting closed for the Brisbane game, understandably a lower amount of votes given out considering the forum was down for most of the important days. 

Leckie was best performed with 8 votes receiving votes from all but 2 posters. Maclaren and Lam both scored 5 votes, Jamieson managed 2 and Talbot had another week where he snagged one. 

2 votes to Leckie, 0.5 each to Maclaren and Lam 

Leaderboard after Round 1:

2. Valon Berisha

2. Matthew Leckie

1. Tom Glover

0.5. Thomas Lam

0.5. Jamie Maclaren

A great performance in the Derby saw four players get votes. Leckie continued his awesome start snagging 16 votes to hold off Bos, who earned 11 votes in his first vote getting performance this season. Lam performed well again (he and Leckie have both managed votes in every game) with 7, while Glover snagged 2 votes to round out the group. 

2 votes to Mathew Leckie, 1 to Jordan Bos.

Leaderboard after Round 3. 

4. Mathew Leckie

2. Valon Berisha

1. Tom Glover

1. Jordan Bos

0.5. Thomas Lam

0.5. Jamie Maclaren

Edited by The Aardvark
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• jw1739 pinned this topic
  • jw1739 unpinned this topic