Melbourne Football

THE FINAL! Wednesday 30 November 7:30pm

Dylan

One negative: an old fart got into a heated argument with another bloke which seemed like he took his designated seat in the active area and went to great lengths by going to the security, finger pointing at him like a child :droy: 

ffs cant believe people are still stubborn about their active seating to this day

22 minutes ago, Young Polak said:

One negative: an old fart got into a heated argument with another bloke which seemed like he took his designated seat in the active area and went to great lengths by going to the security, finger pointing at him like a child :droy: 

ffs cant believe people are still stubborn about their active seating to this day

My dad had an issue where he sat next to some young bloke who stunk like shit. The guy sat on his fat arse all game and when City scored he was still sitting. The older guy next to him, probably his dad, stood up when City scored and clapped and turned to my dad and said he supports Victory that is why he is sitting. True story btw!

14 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

My dad had an issue where he sat next to some young bloke who stunk like shit. The guy sat on his fat arse all game and when City scored he was still sitting. The older guy next to him, probably his dad, stood up when City scored and clapped and turned to my dad and said he supports Victory that is why he is sitting. True story btw!

What the fuck

48 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Re the Brosque 'foul' at the end, he's clearly offside anyway. Tbh i think he grabbed Malik and tried to draw the foul.

Didnt think we had the rub of the green particularly, but it was a pretty well reffed final.

Thought that generally the officials had a very good day. The few times I've been aware it's Peter Green reffing he seems to be prepared to let the game flow if he can. 

7 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Yes, just what was that about? He clearly meant it, but why?

Perhaps because they've been stirring him about his English. I'd imagine the banter from the boys towards him giving the speech would have been hilarious. And him throwing the cue cards as he said it confirms it for me. 

Just now, n i k o said:

Perhaps because they've been stirring him about his English. I'd imagine the banter from the boys towards him giving the speech would have been hilarious. And him throwing the cue cards as he said it confirms it for me. 

I agree with this. He probably meant to say something like "piss off" or lighthearted like that and didn't realise just how crude a word that is in English

1 minute ago, GreenSeater said:

I agree with this. He probably meant to say something like "piss off" or lighthearted like that and didn't realise just how crude a word that is in English

He will definitely be told exactly how that came across. 

Just hope the local media (afl) don't beat it up. 

7 minutes ago, n i k o said:

The other players are always stirring him about his English on Instagram so I think you're right.

10 minutes ago, n i k o said:

I think thats what it was this

3 hours ago, bt50 said:

Re the Brosque 'foul' at the end, he's clearly offside anyway. Tbh i think he grabbed Malik and tried to draw the foul.

Didnt think we had the rub of the green particularly, but it was a pretty well reffed final.

on the night it was looking like he was trying to stumble his way into the box. on the replay it's clear that he's hooked malik's arm trying to draw the foul. malik had no grip on him whatsoever.