Melbourne Football

THE FINAL! Wednesday 30 November 7:30pm

Dylan

There would have been at least 8,000 Victory supporters at the semi-final. So, if we assume that Sydney will have less than 1,000 travelling supporters at the final and every City supporter that went to the SF will be at the final, we'd need about 7,000 additional City fans in attendance, just to match the crowd from the SF.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, [LIBBA] said:

Just as long as i'm there to see us hold up our first trophy, i don't give a shit what our crowd numbers are for the final.

The people who truly love this club and have felt the pain of the last 7 years of crap will be there.

I wont lose sleep on anyone who isn't there.

For me mate the clubs changed. Todays Melbourne city doesn't necessarily represent the struggle and fight of Melbourne Heart 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris p said:

For me mate the clubs changed. Todays Melbourne city doesn't necessarily represent the struggle and fight of Melbourne Heart 

No it doesnt, but for a lot of People who have been there from the Heart days, this will almost feel like we have arrived.

We still havent done a thing yet so even though we arent Heart anymore, the pain of zero success in the last 7 doesn't change.

21 minutes ago, KSK_47 said:

Ask the NT how storming the pitch went for them?

10 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Quite a few actually got banned for that from memory, didnt they?

In case some PPL dont know this...

Hatamoto hardly are the huge FBI massive organisation that certain Soccer Fans make them out to be in term of manpower. They are however smart enough with their small manpower to adopt the FBI tactics of working backwards and finding PPL (suspects) they want banned and then waiting for them to do something for which than they can then slap a ban on them for...

So when MV did that pitch invasion and SFC shortly later, a few PPL who were a certain type of Soccer Fan received bans despite being amongst many others who did not receive them.

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, cadete said:

In case some PPL dont know this...

Hatamoto hardly are the huge FBI massive organisation that certain Soccer Fans make them out to be in term of manpower. They are however smart enough with their small manpower to adopt the FBI tactics of working backwards and finding PPL (suspects) they want banned and then waiting for them to do something for which than they can then slap a ban on them for...

So when MV did that pitch invasion and SFC shortly later, a few PPL who were a certain type of Soccer Fan received bans despite being amongst many others who did not receive them.

Yeh that was my recollection too. Kinda why there was likely very few of the '198' that hadnt gotten what they deserved. 

11 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Yeh that was my recollection too. Kinda why there was likely very few of the '198' that hadnt gotten what they deserved. 

I knew as many faces in that report as in my bloody school annual... and none of those faces were familiar because I introduced myself to them.

19 minutes ago, Chris p said:

How far did they make it ? completely different 

I am not sure the point you are trying to make when you ask how far did they make it? I doubt the ffa will shrug it off because we make it onto the actual pitch and they stayed behind the touch line.

But anyway. As hedaik said, if you want to try to lead the charge, go right ahead. Good luck

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, [LIBBA] said:

Just as long as i'm there to see us hold up our first trophy, i don't give a shit what our crowd numbers are for the final.

The people who truly love this club and have felt the pain of the last 7 years of crap will be there.

I wont lose sleep on anyone who isn't there.

Happy that you feel like that mate. I consider myself someone who truly loves the club and has felt the pain for seven years, and I could give a rat's arse about the cup. To me it's literally meaningless, would prefer 1 point against CCM than a Cup title. 

• Like 1

I'm half-way between. I care about every match we play, but while it would be nice to actually win something for the trophy cabinet, the FFA Cup has a contrived draw and doesn't lead anywhere in the sense of an Asian Confederation competition, and in that respect is not really as meaningful as a Premiership or Championship.

But I wouldn't miss the Final for the world.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I'm half-way between. I care about every match we play, but while it would be nice to actually win something for the trophy cabinet, the FFA Cup has a contrived draw and doesn't lead anywhere in the sense of an Asian Confederation competition, and in that respect is not really as meaningful as a Premiership or Championship.

But I wouldn't miss the Final for the world.

I doubt there's a single soul that would prefer the FFA Cup over the Plate or Toilet seat, but that doesn't mean it won't be a big achievement for the club. I'll be riding every bump of that Cup Final and tbh it will be a massive moment for me personally after such a long journey. I'm with Libba; what he said!

Edited by bt50
  • Like 3

I still don't really rate/care about the ffa cup but it would be nice to win something after supporting this club through the few ups and many, many downs we've had. I think winning the ffa cup would also, more important signify the new, postive direction the club wishes to head, and that this could be the first step to winning something much, much greater

7 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

I still don't really rate/care about the ffa cup but it would be nice to win something after supporting this club through the few ups and many, many downs we've had. I think winning the ffa cup would also, more important signify the new, postive direction the club wishes to head, and that this could be the first step to winning something much, much greater

Out of likes but this is spot on for me.

2 hours ago, KSK_47 said:

I am not sure the point you are trying to make when you ask how far did they make it? I doubt the ffa will shrug it off because we make it onto the actual pitch and they stayed behind the touch line.

But anyway. As hedaik said, if you want to try to lead the charge, go right ahead. Good luck

This marks a real cultural difference between here and the UK in terms of football culture.  As a League 1 club, if we won a cup tie against a big club, or won promotion, then it would be expected thatcher would be a mass pitch invasion, mobbing the players, probably carrying them shoulder high, and celebrating in front of the main stand.  All good natured.  The stadium announcer would go through a ritual of asking everyone to stay off the pitch, but they would be ignored, and no one would get in trouble.  But in so many ways, the policing of soccer crowds here is largely fearful and completely over the top.

5 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

This marks a real cultural difference between here and the UK in terms of football culture.  As a League 1 club, if we won a cup tie against a big club, or won promotion, then it would be expected thatcher would be a mass pitch invasion, mobbing the players, probably carrying them shoulder high, and celebrating in front of the main stand.  All good natured.  The stadium announcer would go through a ritual of asking everyone to stay off the pitch, but they would be ignored, and no one would get in trouble.  But in so many ways, the policing of soccer crowds here is largely fearful and completely over the top.

Weird too considering the difference in crowd behavior incidents when you compare aust vs uk over the years.

Pitch invasions like the ones you speak of do happen in the ffa cup but its the smaller clubs that can get away with it. Doubt the ffa would be happy for it to happen at a cup final between to a leauge sides

Edited by KSK_47

8 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

My phone is clearly a closet handbag sympathiser.  As a pom who lived through the eighties 'Thatcher' truly is a scary word, and not the one I intended to use.  Phone duly booked in for Marxist re-education... 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

My phone is clearly a closet handbag sympathiser.  As a pom who lived through the eighties 'Thatcher' truly is a scary word, and not the one I intended to use.  Phone duly booked in for Marxist re-education... 

Funnily enough there has been pitch invasions in Aussies rules over the years yet the establishment media has a funny way of explaining that away and putting it down just a few honest Aussies blowing off some steam after a tough week etc. very different reporting standards depending on the sport 

3 hours ago, morphine said:

Happy that you feel like that mate. I consider myself someone who truly loves the club and has felt the pain for seven years, and I could give a rat's arse about the cup. To me it's literally meaningless, would prefer 1 point against CCM than a Cup title. 

I see this on here a bit and I think "AFL fan". Growing up the biggest game of the year was ALWAYS the FA cup final, even though it was in another country. All football fans know Cups are legitimate real titles on par with the league and before you sledge the opposition of our games the hardest ones were against the NPL clubs.

I for one will be stoked if we can win that magnificent cup.

2 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

I love how before a derby everyone thinks we are gonna get smashed but before our first cup final against the best team in the league everyone's planning their post-game celebrations... this Forum I swear

Can confirm we are ganna win. Green line in advance thanks.

12 hours ago, fensaddler said:

Well way back last century after every AFL game people would jump over the fence congratulate the players, have a kick and as kids we loved it. Then came the BS about insurance, and about damaging the advertising around the fence, and the pitch, etc. It use to happen, it really did, but you tell that to young kids today and they won't believe ya!

30 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

Well way back last century after every AFL game people would jump over the fence congratulate the players, have a kick and as kids we loved it. Then came the BS about insurance, and about damaging the advertising around the fence, and the pitch, etc. It use to happen, it really did, but you tell that to young kids today and they won't believe ya!

Somebody told me that they are going to start allowing this to happen again

11 hours ago, Shahanga said:

I see this on here a bit and I think "AFL fan". Growing up the biggest game of the year was ALWAYS the FA cup final, even though it was in another country. All football fans know Cups are legitimate real titles on par with the league and before you sledge the opposition of our games the hardest ones were against the NPL clubs.

I for one will be stoked if we can win that magnificent cup.

Again, glad you're into it mate. Not in England or anywhere are Cup titles on par with winning the league though, so being a bit fanciful I think here.