Melbourne Football

THE FINAL! Wednesday 30 November 7:30pm

Dylan

14 minutes ago, seamolyons said:

no level 2 opened? surely 1 side will be open its a fucking final even tho its on wednesday night

Doubt they'd open it until 15k tickets have been sold. I'd suggest we'll get there, but wise not to count chickens before they hatch.

2 hours ago, [LIBBA] said:

We've been very fortunate with Sponsors.

Westpac looked pretty good on the Heart kits and Etihad looks mint on the City kits.

But we juct cant compete with having OptiSlim on our kits.

Yeah, the Westpac logo went very well with the Heart kits, especially when they  just had the big red 'W' in the last season. It was kind of weird looking back on it, as I don't really recall any additional publicity/marketing that Westpac did for Heart, while they were our major sponsor.

I know in a lot of instances beggars can't be choosers, but some of the main shirt sponsors that teams in the A-League have make them look like Sunday pub league teams.

2 hours ago, SF33 said:

I know in a lot of instances beggars can't be choosers, but some of the main shirt sponsors that teams in the A-League have make them look like Sunday pub league teams.

Coffee Club has to be right up there with the shittest sponsor.

Webjet logo ruins all Sydney's kits too it looks putrid.

Please take me back to the days when the kit was in the club colours and didn't look like an advertising agency. Perhaps I don't respond to advertising in general, but I wouldn't have a clue who sponsors whose jersey or sleeve unless I specifically looked to see, and even if I did it wouldn't influence me in any way. To me it's all a bloody waste of someone's money. As are "Caltex Socceroos", "Westfield FFA Cup" etc. etc.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Same problem as everyone had while the "same seat option" was applicable. Category C seats at the Southern End already allocated to members were reserved for those members until this morning. You should be able to find seats this morning now that the option has expired. You just pay a little more, that's all.
On reflection I should have waited until this morning because I was able to get seven seats only in Section 13 whilst the option was applicable. 

yeah I stuffed this up myself.  Jumped on thinking I'd buy cat A tickets only to see them all "sold".  Hell i thought, so much for a 7k crowd like I thought we'd get. Better buy my own seats whilst i can.....

18 minutes ago, Deeming said:

I dont know if they had individual codes for each Football Family member but not long after I bought my tickets this afternoon the code I had started saying 'allocation exhausted' I think it will be well attended 

I've given up predicting attendances. Our first two home attendances have been very disappointing, as was the combined turn-out for the Derby semi-final. It will be interesting to see how many come to the match against Newcastle on Thursday next week.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, InMyHeart said:

I think 17k-19k here at worst I reckon

Love your optimism 

i got a strong feeling InMyHeart that we'll get no more than 13k

That's only if shitney deliver at least 1000 smurfs

Edited by Jestr
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Jestr said:

Love your optimism 

i got a strong feeling InMyHeart that we'll get no more than 13k

That's only if shitney deliver at least 1000 smurfs

We have Nearly 12k members, all of whom I suggest are as hungry as I am for success and to play in and host a final.
I'm bringing 3 mates with me.
If you Average it out and say at worst 50% of members bring 1 friend along thats an extra 6,000 people right there.
Couple that with Sydney FC, the victory fans that will come for the event and the average joe who for a reasonable price will get his/her hands on a ticket to a final if built up correctly and who knows how large this crowd will be.

5 minutes ago, InMyHeart said:

We have Nearly 12k members, all of whom I suggest are as hungry as I am for success and to play in and host a final.
I'm bringing 3 mates with me.
If you Average it out and say at worst 50% of members bring 1 friend along thats an extra 6,000 people right there.
Couple that with Sydney FC, the victory fans that will come for the event and the average joe who for a reasonable price will get his/her hands on a ticket to a final if built up correctly and who knows how large this crowd will be.

Agree with most of what you're saying....If the game was on the weekend 

Only problem, and it's a big one, we're playing on a Wednesday 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

Fwiw Victory got 15k to the final last year at AAMI Park. No chance in hell we'll beat that

That was purely because of the ridiculous ticket prices tho. I'm very confident we'll beat that.

Mong fans had seen their team win stuff before, our fans have been starved. Every single person I've spoke to in regards to the final thats a member has said theyre coming and in most cases its been an easy sell to bring friends, so imo our crowd will be abnormally large. Silverware is always a drawcard in Melbourne, its our eventism culture. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bellydrum said:

Tickets open to the public, and it looks like there is still plenty of tickets.

If you have put off buying you should do it now and grab some decent seats

I won't be taking up the members pre-sale in the future. I just went on Ticketek and put in a dummy order for 7 seats in Bay 15, which was pretty much what I wanted but could not get in the pre-sale. Absolutely no trouble, far better than the seats I could get in the pre-sale (Bay 13), which I'm stuck with now.

I've learned my lesson out of this.

On the likely attendance? I'd say that the no. 1 problem is it being a mid-week match, followed by the general apathy of our members to actually turn up to any particular match, compounded by the seeming lack of advertising. Good luck with the predictions!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bt50 said:

Mong fans had seen their team win stuff before, our fans have been starved. Every single person I've spoke to in regards to the final thats a member has said theyre coming and in most cases its been an easy sell to bring friends, so imo our crowd will be abnormally large. Silverware is always a drawcard in Melbourne, its our eventism culture. 

I reckon the Glory final last season was just as big of a drawcard (plus a better timeslot) so I don't see us eclipsing that crowd figure by too much.

I don't rate the FFA Cup as much of a prize, but just winning a trophy to get the monkey off the back for us and winning something would be pretty big. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jw1739 said:

I've given up predicting attendances. Our first two home attendances have been very disappointing, as was the combined turn-out for the Derby semi-final. It will be interesting to see how many come to the match against Newcastle on Thursday next week.

Yeah, I think the extra City supporters that will probably come out of the woodwork will be offset by Sydney naturally not getting as many travelling supporters down to AAMI on a Wednesday night as the, frankly, underwhelming Victory support for the semi-final. So my money would be on the attendance being the same as the SF at best and probably quite a bit lower.

But you're right, at this stage it could be 8,000 or 20,000 and I wouldn't be too shocked.

Edited by SF33
  • Like 1