Melbourne Football

The forgotten round. City v Adelaide Friday 7:50pm

MHFC-FAN

14 minutes ago, n i k o said:

If I was a player in the team I'd already be thinking that we dropped the ball after the last derby win by losing to Perth. I'd be pretty determined to make amends for that by getting on top of Adelaide in the first half and putting the game beyond doubt. And knowing we have a full week to recover after this game I wouldn't be worried about throwing everything into making this happen. 

So I fully expect the team to come out firing. 

My question is what are they (coaching group more so than the players) going to do differently to prevent a repeat of nearly every post derby performance. They all know what they should do and how they should be focused but for me they need to doing something different. It's counterproductive not being able to back up after big wins.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JC22 said:

Reckon Timmy will come off the bench in this one. He looked pretty cooked after the Derby.

Huge game can get some serious momentum going.

I think it should be a long-term strategy this season to bring him off the bench fairly regularly (maybe one out of every four games or so). Keeps him fresh and he'll definitely provide a spark when he comes on.

13 minutes ago, Jovan said:

My question is what are they (coaching group more so than the players) going to do differently to prevent a repeat of nearly every post derby performance. They all know what they should do and how they should be focused but for me they need to doing something different. It's counterproductive not being able to back up after big wins.

Agreed. They should have been prepared for Perth, who are pretty clearly going to be one of the main threats in the league this year. Yet they didn't just beat us, they thoroughly outplayed us, even though they were playing away with us having an extra two days to prepare. Now, I'll give some credit, in years gone by, we wouldn't have got ourselves in a great position to snatch a point in a game like last Friday, but last year, in particular was characterized by us getting ahead of ourselves and butchering pretty much every opportunity we had to take the next step as a team and finish top two and/or make the grand final.

Be interesting to see what line up we go with here, I'd suggest Kamau is a certainty to return to the lineup in some form or another and perhaps Malik has been earmarked for a starting role after being rested on Tuesday night. Chapman may have pushed his way back into the side after a pretty good cameo on Tuesday. My early guess is something along the lines of :

Bouzanis

Chapman/Muscat     Jakobsen        Rose/Muscat

Brattan         Kilkenny       Caceres

Cahill

Kamau                    Fornaroli              Brandan

SUBS Sorensen Fitzgerald Malik Chapman/Rose/Muscat Franjic

Edit. Not sure who for, but i reckon Franjic comes in for someone on the bench. Starting to think Cahill starts with Malik on the bench and Retre out.

Edited by bt50

Expecting a solid attendance ... the club was giving out free tickets as prizes at family day for this match. I snaged a couple at the penalty shootout event and have given them to an armchair fan who is very excited about attending their first game ... hopefully another convert (if we win an play well)

Edited by Torn Asunder

2 hours ago, KSK_47 said:

Very unsure about this game. Adelaide are very capable of nullifying our game plan. But i am also having these unusual feelings of optimism and self belief

It's Thursday you still have time to overcome these false thoughts.

• Like 1

This is a very important game for us. We tend to perform better against ball playing teams however this is just the sort of high expectation post-Victory hangover game where we have always been vulnerable and we are playing against a structured well coached team (and we have JVS). I'm hoping at least for a draw but really the result will be decided by the team mindset before they set foot on the pitch

23 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

This is a very important game for us. We tend to perform better against ball playing teams however this is just the sort of high expectation post-Victory hangover game where we have always been vulnerable and we are playing against a structured well coached team (and we have JVS). I'm hoping at least for a draw but really the result will be decided by the team mindset before they set foot on the pitch

We've gotta be hoping for better than a draw. Adelaide haven't looked great, completely different team to last year and it's on our home deck.

Anything less than a win would be extremely disappointing. 

• Like 1

Melbourne City FC Squad: 1.Thomas SORENSEN (GK), 2.Manny MUSCAT, 3.Josh ROSE, 5.Ivan FRANJIC, 6.Osama MALIK, 8.Neil KILKENNY, 10.Anthony CACERES, 11.Bruce KAMAU, 12.Nick FITZGERALD, 13.Yoshi, 14.Daniel ARZANI, 17.Tim CAHILL, 18.Paulo RETRE, 20.Dean BOUZANIS (GK), 22.Michael JAKOBSEN, 23.Bruno FORNAROLI (C), 26.Luke BRATTAN, 27.Fernando BRANDAN, 34.Denis GENREAU

**three to be omitted**

Ins: 5.Ivan FRANJIC (promoted/returns from injury), 13.Yoshi (new signing), 34.Denis GENREAU (promoted)

Outs: Nil  

Unavailable: 7.Corey GAMEIRO (ACL - season), 9.Nicolas COLAZO (ear - tbc), 28.Steve KUZMANOVSKI (tbc)

Adelaide United Squad: 1.Eugene GALEKOVIC (gk) (c), 3.Iacopo LA ROCCA, 4.Dylan McGOWAN, 5.Taylor REGAN, 8.ISAÍAS, 9.Sergi GUARDIOLA, 12.Mark OCHIENG, 13.Marc MARINO, 14.George MELLS, 16.Jesse MAKAROUNAS, 18.Riley McGREE, 19.Ben GARUCCIO, 20.John HALL, 21.Tarek ELRICH, 22.Ryan KITTO, 24.Jordan O’DOHERTY, 25.James HOLLAND, 45.Danny CHOI

**two to be omitted**

Ins: 13.Marc MARINO (promoted), 12.Mark OCHIENG (promoted), 14.George MELLS (promoted)

Outs: 7.HENRIQUE (Knee - 6 weeks)

Unavailable: 2.Michael MARRONE (Achilles - 9 weeks), 10.Marcelo CARRUSCA (Foot - 4 weeks), 11.Sergio CIRIO (Knee - 7-9 weeks), 17.Nikola MILEUSNIC (Quad - 3 weeks), 23.Jordan ELSEY (Knee - season)

Read more at http://www.a-league.com.au/article/hyundai-a-league-ins--outs---round-4/mmlf3bdpr0d91wm6vekliktx4#CvHy6O6IxBYpmErT.99

1 hour ago, JC22 said:

We've gotta be hoping for better than a draw. Adelaide haven't looked great, completely different team to last year and it's on our home deck.

Anything less than a win would be extremely disappointing. 

Yes I agree. I'm preparing to be disappointed, years and years of practice, neuroplasticity takes time!

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Hughesie27 said:

I want to bring you mayebalong tomorrow night.

How do I go about getting ththe 10% off? Also, I we buy a time for bay 19 will I b easy enough for me to sit beside him?

Going back the Perth attendance it should be a walk in the park obviously!

What that post was meant to say behind the horrendous typos is basically...

Can I bring my mate along tonight and sit beside him in bay 19 beside the active sections (where my regular seat is) easily? 

And do I get a 10% discount from buying a ticket? 

Lastly, I'm sitting on the train to work with the songs rattling through my head. Am I a proper Melburnian yet?

Edited by Hughesie27

18 hours ago, Baka1 said:

If ya haven't seen it on the chants section or Facebook, going to get a new chant going tomorrow night. Head to the chant section of the forum, then You are my club. Don't mean to be ballbreaking posting everywhere haha sorry

Given the amount of hate coming our way we should adopt Millwall's chant 'nobody likes us, we don't care'.

• Like 2

On 10/26/2016 at 10:52 PM, hakz7 said:

If we can't get more than 11k to this game, I'm out of reasons for people not turning up...

maybe the stupid price of tickets is turning people off. FFS 

went on the tickek site to check out prices last night. was $40 adult for category b tickets. bit heft for a domestic league game but oh well.

logged back today to purchase tickets and boom the price had jumped to $52. nice:tooth:

3 minutes ago, PlasticFan said:

maybe the stupid price of tickets is turning people off. FFS 

went on the tickek site to check out prices last night. was $40 adult for category b tickets. bit heft for a domestic league game but oh well.

logged back today to purchase tickets and boom the price had jumped to $52. nice:tooth:

then buy category c for $25? whats the problem..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, PlasticFan said:

i'm not going to spend 25 to sit behind the bloody goals lol.

the issue here is the price hike. for a club that still can't open up the top tiers, it's a bit rich hiking up prices when ther'e 60% of the seats empty :tooth:

Interestingly enough i just had a look and the A section appears to be sold out. Given B has gone up in price i'd suggest they are close to selling out too. May well be a bumper crowd tonight. Perhaps keep your powder dry and you might be able to access level 3 tickets at the gate.

Edited by bt50

6 minutes ago, PlasticFan said:

i'm not going to spend 25 to sit behind the bloody goals lol.

the issue here is the price hike. for a club that still can't open up the top tiers, it's a bit rich hiking up prices when ther'e 60% of the seats empty :tooth:

>plastic fan

>not spending money

11 minutes ago, bt50 said:

Interestingly enough i just had a look and the A section appears to be sold out. Given B has gone up in price i'd suggest they are close to selling out too. May well be a bumper crowd tonight. Perhaps keep your powder dry and you might be able to access level 3 tickets at the gate.

I'll believe it when I see it.

49 minutes ago, bt50 said:

A nd b always have the members who never turn up. I usually have a whole row to myself