Melbourne Football

RD 3| V Perth @ AAMI Friday 21st Oct 7:50 pm

Dylan

Really I should be confident but I picked Perth to win it this year (out of them and Sydney) but unsure how this one will go. Will be happy with a draw and a 12k+ crowd which we should get given that it seems they are going to be whoring out Cahill for the week, he has already been on Nova and is going on Triple M later this morning. Although, dont we usually get poor Friday night crowds?

Edited by jw1739

Club ranking from 'aussieshorter' on 442. Shows that we are only a few wins (and Adelaide losses) from taking top spot for our recent form and making semi finals of both A-league and FFA Cup.

-Deleted Image-

Edited by haz

Yeah, a draw would certainly be disappointing, but it wouldn't be the massive momentum killer that a loss would be. Although it should be noted that a 3-0 win would probably do wonders for our memberships and crowd numbers for our next home game. Even the lack of posts in this thread so far suggests a bit of complacency and looking ahead to Victory on Tuesday week.

But overall, seven points and undefeated from the first three weeks, heading into a Cup semi final at home...I'd take that.

5 minutes ago, SF33 said:

Yeah, a draw would certainly be disappointing, but it wouldn't be the massive momentum killer that a loss would be. Although it should be noted that a 3-0 win would probably do wonders for our memberships and crowd numbers for our next home game. Even the lack of posts in this thread so far suggests a bit of complacency and looking ahead to Victory on Tuesday week.

But overall, seven points and undefeated from the first three weeks, heading into a Cup semi final at home...I'd take that.

3 games in 7 days. If we can get 4 points at least from our league games and get a win from the Cup game I'd be very happy as well. 

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 2

Posted by Niko in the Tim Cahill thread.

56 minutes ago, n i k o said:

“It’s evident (the hunger), the good thing now is people are now going to concentrate on writing on our football and writing about the way we started against Wanderers going back to that game because maybe that was a fluke,” Cahill said.

“Then we go to Wellington and we just happened to see that out and we come to Victory and maybe that’s another fluke, I think if people concentrate on watching our football, it clearly shows we have good infrastructure, a good attitude, the professionalism is fantastic and the work rate is second to none.

“This league, the question marks are, are we going to work hard enough? Are we just going to try, or are we just going to show up and play football and hopefully get by? If we don’t work and respect the league we can’t get these results and I think Melbourne Victory felt that last night."

I don't think there will be any complacency this season. Not for any match.

Draw unacceptable imho. I'd take a draw in Perth but anything less than a win at home should be a disappointment. 

We aren't Melbourne Heart anymore, champion teams win at home and make their stadium their fortress. 

Let's turn AAMI into a graveyard on and off the field lads!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, playmaker said:

I wonder how they will manage the players?

Perhaps start Caceres, Malik, Chapman, Fitzy, Retre to test our depth. Even start Bruno off the bench.

We need to be fresh for next Tuesday.

No thanks - especially to Bruno starting on the bench. Although perhaps we could take him off once we're up 4-0 at the 60".

Our players will be fine to back it up.

Just completed round 2. Fatigue not an issue. Both teams us and Tards have games. They are away to Adelaide on Saturday. IMO you don't change a winning team unless it's absolutely evident. The fitness staff would be right on it (well I hope they are) exacting how everyone pulls up. And winning definitely lessens any soreness. 

Same team on Friday and Tuesday. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Just completed round 2. Fatigue not an issue. Both teams us and Tards have games. They are away to Adelaide on Saturday. IMO you don't change a winning team unless it's absolutely evident. The fitness staff would be right on it (well I hope they are) exacting how everyone pulls up. And winning definitely lessens any soreness. 

I agree with this. The Adelaide game friday week is the one i'd be considering mixing it up for.

41 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Absolutely. You put your strongest team on the park. And I thought we'd seen what happens when you play silly buggers with selections? And if it really boils down to it, a Premiership/Championship takes us to Asia, whereas the FFA Cup takes us nowhere in that respect. But I for one don't believe in prioritising competitions - at least not at this stage of the season. You're in them to win them.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, hakz7 said:

Did you buy it online because you can't select 2nd level on the ticketek site

Strange. I opted for S74. I've never sat up there so I thought I'd give it a crack. Now you got me worried maybe I'm in with the tards. I need to check.

Edited by Jovan
Just checked. Definitely up top section 74 row b

18 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Strange. I opted for S74. I've never sat up there so I thought I'd give it a crack. Now you got me worried maybe I'm in with the tards. I need to check.

26 minutes ago, hakz7 said:

Did you buy it online because you can't select 2nd level on the ticketek site

Are you guys talking about the Perth match? If so, and Level 3 has been opened then S74 is open to anyone.